Adept Hero Concept: Praetor Talis

Full concept on HeroesFire here:
https://www.heroesfire.com/hots/concept/praetor-talis-4608

Talis is an Adept from SC2. Since Adepts are significantly more powerful against light units than armored or massive units, I tried to carry this over to HotS by making her a kind of reverse-tankbuster.

Ability Overview

Resonance is Talis’ trait. Talis’ basic attacks and damaging basic abilities deal 90 extra damage to heroes, but this bonus damage is reduced by 2% of the target’s maximum health, down to a minimum of 1 damage. As a result, she deals more damage to low health heroes than to high health heroes.

Talis’ basic attack damage is 78 and basic attack speed is 0.8/sec.

Ricochet Glaive is Talis’ Q ability. She launches a glaive in a straight line that deals 100 damage to the first enemy it hits, then bounces to up to 2 additional nearby enemies.

Scarab Launcher is Talis’ W ability. She launches a homing Scarab after a target. Upon contact with any enemy, the Scarab will explode, dealing 200 damage to the enemy it hit and 100 damage within a radius of 3.

Psionic Transfer is Talis’ E ability. She releases a shade that travels at 160% movement speed to a target location. The shade can be retargeted by reactivating this ability, and the ability be cancelled by pressing the [1] key. After 5 seconds, Talis will instantly teleport to the shades location, cleansing her in the process.

Psionic Projection is Talis’ first heroic ability. This creates a copy of Talis that moves, attacks and casts abilities like Talis would, but is untargetable and deals no damage. The image lasts for 10 seconds, and during this time Talis can reactivate this ability to swap locations with the image once every 2 seconds.

Solar Beam is Talis’ second heroic ability. Talis is slowed by 60% as she channels on an enemy hero. This deals 60 damage per second initially, but the damage increases by 60 every second the beam is channeled, up to 300 damage per second. The tether range for the beam is 8, and this ability drains 20 mana every second it is active.

Active Ability Talents and Level 20 Talents

Blink Instigator is a level 1 active ability talent that allows Talis to instantly teleport with Psionic Transfer. Additionally, gathering regeneration globes reduces the mana cost of Psionic Transfer by 2, up to 40. After collecting 20 regen globes, dealing damage with Resonance reduces the cooldown of Psionic Transfer by 1 second.

Weapon Overcharge is a level 13 active ability talent that increases Talis’ basic attack speed by 75% for 4 seconds, but also silences her for the duration.

Phase Disruption is a level 20 talent that causes Talis’ basic attacks and Resonance to ignore armor and deal 50% damage of the damage dealt to the target in a radius of 2 around the target.

Resonance Cannon is a level 20 talent that causes Talis’ basic attacks to no longer deal any physical damage, but instead launch a volley of 3 projectiles every attack, each of which still applies Resonance.

Real Image is the level 20 upgrade for Psionic Projection. The image now deals 50% damage to enemies and can be attacked, but still takes no damage and does not apply Resonance.

Purifier Protocol is the level 20 upgrade for Solar Beam. Solar Beam now only slows Talis by 20%, the tether range is increased to 10, and it now deals 50% damage to enemies within a radius of 3 around the target.

The full concept has a full talent tree and more in-depth descriptions than this overview.

Feel free to leave any feedback or suggestions, and if you have any questions, I’ll be happy to answer.

Your Psionic projection is very faithful to the original, but I feel like that’s a problem when the original is so similar to Sylvanas’s Banshee wail.

I’d like to see the ability changed to feel like a different ability while still maintaining the mobility aspect. (see my own concept for my thoughts on one way that could be done.)

They are quite different.

Sylvanas’ Haunting Wave allows her to teleport to the AoE’s location within its duration. It is a straight skillshot with about a 3 second teleport window.

Psionic Transfer is a point-and-click ability that only teleports Talis at the end of its 5 second duration (unless she picks Blink Instigator).

They are about as similar to each other as they are to Zeratul’s Blink or Tyrael’s El’Druin’s Might.