Accept a loss and move on

Why do people have such a hard time with this? Its ok if you lose a game whatever the reason. Accept that you lost and move on. No people wanna argue about it and blame everyone else. There are situtations in this game you will not recover from, if a player is afking at base or chain feeding, games over. Like just let it happen and play the next one.

13 Likes

Because unlike other games HOTS is designed in a way that makes losing a match as ā€œunfunā€ as humanly possible. This makes people typically more upset to lose a game of HOTS over say a game of COD.

Also its a MOBA a game designed to be played in a competitive fashion. It shouldnā€™t come to any surprise that people get upset when casuals just meme most matches despite the game mode.

8 Likes

So this thread is about ā€œjust give upā€? Because then hell no, thxā€¦

7 Likes

Its actually about being mature and donā€™t make a thread complaining for whatever reason and just accept there are things beyond your control.

12 Likes

Well tbh in this case the more mature thing to do would be uninstall and move along because its obvious people arenā€™t having fun.

3 Likes

Mentioning twice to ā€œjust play the next oneā€ and ā€œaccept the loseā€ sounded like ā€œdonā€™t struggle and drag out a ā€˜lossā€™ā€ and if so, disagree.

If itā€™s just ā€œdonā€™t whineā€, hell yea, agree.

6 Likes

Thereā€™s something about MOBAs that cause people to just rage. Itā€™s a competitive genre, even in modes that shouldnā€™t be competitive like QM. The best solution is to report people for abusive chat, which not only holds these toxic people accountable (it definitely does, donā€™t believe people who say reporting does nothing), but helps you out as well by allowing you to focus on the game and not worry about what the next toxic thing coming out of their keyboard will be.

And donā€™t be afraid to be liberal with your reporting. I report people who do as much as ā€œggā€ after a lost teamfight, unless itā€™s actually clearly the end of the game. Better to be on the safe side of this.

I always find theres just that point near the end where people start going ā€˜naz only 40k damageā€™ (or whatever), ā€˜bad draftā€™, and ā€˜leoric kept feedingā€™ and basically everyone just blames each other. If someone has done bad Iā€™ve mentioned it earlier and given actual advice, like ā€˜maybe work on holding back without diving so hardā€™. If Iā€™ve not done great, Iā€™ll just say ā€˜sorry not my best gameā€™ rather than finding blame on others. No one mentions anything useful during the game, or during draft if they disagree, just rant at the end. Donā€™t think Iā€™ve heard anyone just say ā€˜sorry I played terriblyā€™ or ā€˜think I need to work on thisā€¦ā€™

2 Likes

Generally when you lose in CoD or CS:GO, itā€™s because you were less skilled, plain and simple. There is very little room for luck. The top players in these games can kill Silver IIIā€™s armed with automatic guns, by using knives and being on 1% health, alone when every teammate is dead.

When you lose in HotS, itā€™s often completely out of your control, especially if you play a hero highly dependent on teammate performance like Auriel or Morales. There is nothing you can do but watch carnage unfold for 20 minutes if your team is bad.

I think thatā€™s what ultimately tilts so many people. You donā€™t see this kind of tilt in purely skill based games. When is the last time a chess player blamed someone else for their loss in the history of the game?

4 Likes

Its easy to say that in real life sports were nothing is at stake like player ranks in SL.
Only reason i would be ok by losing in this game is if my team did what we could to win. Or tells he is sorry for making a mistake that lost it for us.

But if my team on the other hand just afk and feeds the enemy team to 5 lvls lead then my time have been wasted. I dont play qm or sl to give up after only 5 mins cause of some feeder/afk noob.

3 Likes

This thread is very ironic and the number of people in this thread who donā€™t see the irony is too damn high lol

1 Like

Make sense. Itā€™s only a game after all. If people had put those effort into their jobs instead of raging like a kid about a game, this world would have been a much better place.

1 Like

Usually when people say give up its mid game

1 Like

only time when losing in hots is fun, is when it is a very even match. the game is fun the whole time, and somehow the game is left up to 1 deciding battle. that is how hots is ment to play, a back and fourth struggle between 2 teams then a final battle proves the winner.

2 Likes

The gg let them win strategy? Iā€™ll pass thanks.

1 Like

If you have lost all of the towers, they are dominating camps and team fights and objectives and you got someone chain feeding. Its just one of those things you can not change. You can and will lose games. The never give up attitude is nice and often the right way to think but in this game 92% of the time when you are that far behind, it is over.

Pretty simple, because there are plenty of people like LyrasVulture who will report you for doing that. Not only report, but they will use the abusive chat option to make sure it counts. So if you are on a smurf - sure, donā€™t see why not. Iā€™d be all for a concede button if there is a dude who just runs into towers time after time, waste of time.

2 Likes

UGH that sounds terrible

Accepting a loss has nothing to do with ā€œsurrenderingā€ in my opinion.
Itā€™s about controlling your own emotions when the game is lost (thatā€™s when the core is about to explode). Losing is a big part of the game because most players should have a win rate around 50%. So when you lose and you donā€™t wanna accept that fact then it makes you mad/salty and thatā€™s not a healthy state of mind.

Itā€™s always weird to me when other people get mad during a match when they feel like itā€™s going to be a lost match. They start to insult their teammates which just increases the chance of loosing.
Sometimes it feels like they are crying because they donā€™t get carried by me while they are almost useless the whole match. Those players clearly have a hard time accepting a loss.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll accept a loss, but that doesnā€™t mean feeding, afking, trolls, and toxicity is okay.

2 Likes