Abilities not visible

When playing, the abilities are not visible. The red rings on the ground are not showing, neither for hero abilities nor for camps. And I can’t display the ability before using it (for example, when playing Deckard and casting scroll of sealing, the triangle is invisible, both before and after casting it). I am not talking about the buttons on the bottom of the screen, but the ability itself. Tried reinstalling the game, but didn’t help. Any fixes? I play on a MacBook Mac OS Big Sur 11.0.

6 Likes

Unfortunately a lot of people on Mac are experiencing this bug (among other visual bugs) for 1+ year now, there is no recourse but waiting and hoping the developers fix it.

Hi,

I’m on Apple M1, and i have same issue. I can’t see a lot of visual effects. Like Boss stuns and all lines on my spells. Any solution ?

I am having the same issue with my new Mac. So frustrating it has not been fixed yet.

Just discovered this on my Mac mini. I can only see the effects and no circles what so ever

I really hope they’ll fix this soon, cause otherwise the game runs smooth and many heroes are now unplayable (which makes the game unplayable). I just got my new M1 Mac and haven’t got problems like this on my old machine with Mojave.

Just got the M1. Heroes is unplayable. Can’t see any abilities.

Same for me :sob: Got M1, beautiful graphics but no abilities visual, so sad :slight_smile:

Same problem, the game runs well on my new Mac mini M1 but this is making it nearly unplayable. Some abilities are visible just barely (Diablo R stun, KT flamestrike) and some are not visible at all (Junkrat R landing area, boss stun areas). I dont care about my abilities since I use quick cast everywhere, but need to see where enemy spell is to land.

1 Like

Same issue here as well. The visual doesn’t display on the M1 chips it seems. Blizzard please fix!! Bummer to not be able to play.

Yes same issue! m1 Pro here. Odd there isn’t a simple fix especially using metal.

How is this still not fixed?!?!?!

Up! Same issue here for Mac M1

I would say that shouldn’t take much to fix, having the source-code of the game. Seems like overlays do not work well, also sprays are not there :confused:

Also having this issue on a PC with a amd rx 5700xt GPU. Sometimes (actually quite frequently) I can’t see the cooldowns of any of my talents until I restart the game.

Has nobody gotten a response to this? I’m also having the same issue and essentially can’t play anymore :frowning:

Just got a new Macbook Air, I can’t see my off quick cast preview for the abilities. I can see other abilities fine but its a glitch, currently looking for a fix. I am going to Play with 100% quick cast which is hard but will check if some graphic Changes help

1 Like

Yeah I’m having the same issue with the MacBook Pro M1 , it’s so frustrating Cant tell what’s happening in the game

Just got my M1, saw this as well.

Also default settings are surprisingly low for such a powerful machine.

Though given Shadows of Mordor identified my video card as “Unknown Unknown”, that may be a hint as to that problem.

Hello guys, on the maps where there’s a hole in the ground, you can actually see the spell projections when pointing your cursor towards the hole.

You can reproduce this for example on the Blackheart’s Bay when pointing outside at the edge of the wooden floor (over the water).

Thus, it seems like spell projectors work, but they are for some reason buried below regular ground surfaces and they only appear at areas where the “ground” texture ends.