Abathur a little too safe?

To be a successful Abathur i feel takes alot of skill and awareness. With the inception of the game one of the only counters to him was to have a stealth or fast moving assassin take him out. Nerfing Stealth as a whole and making Heroes Outlines of their model was a good approach to this, however i feel that giving forts the ability to detect stealth heroes is a bit to much, and virtually makes him 100% safe which i feel no mater how a hero is designed, no one should be safe from any type of danger. Also there has to be a way to counters Heroes who are virtually unstoppable being buffed by Abathur like a Twinblades Varian for instance, or a Butcher.

Do you think Abathur should remain protected by the games design rather than the player having awareness of possible incoming threats?

2 Likes

lots of heroes have global abilities that can severely injure or even outright kill abathur so I’m fine with his current design.

abathur is only as good as the player that you hat
if you hat a bronze, you still get a bronze
it’s not a miracle hero that can bring you to the promised land

Tho i respect your opinion, that is incorrect, a abahat is not some AutoPilot Buff you apply to someone, Abathur has to properly engage the fight by targeting the enemy, when or not to shield, also when using Ults, especially cloning a hero takes pretty much the knowledge and skill to play every hero in the game at a decent level, not simply spamming random skills until the clone is killed or expires

2 Likes

More of an issue that currently the “safer” abathur build, building for symbiote, is a bit overtuned.

And his “less safe” locust build is still a tad weak, I think.

Regardless, playing well even the “safe” symbiote build will not be that safe unless the Abathur is playing badly. Or the other team is active enough to force hte abathur to place safe, which is weakening the abathur’s play.

Lots of heroes have Global Ults that can injure or kill abathur. The amount of power that is, to, by your very existence, make an enemy team waste their ults to kill you, is insane. I can’t think of a single non-ult global that can reasonably kill Abathur. The only semi-decent non ult that is global is Falstaad’s flight, Dehaka’s tunneling… and that’s about it I think, until level 20. If that is anything but safe, then im a monkeys uncle.

The main counter to abathur is just to burst his fortifications down and push into him. A good aba does need to be near the front line to get the most value of his locusts. But I do believe that, in some situations it is too easy for him to just be too safe. Specifically, I dislike the small map of Raven’s Keep where he is invulnerable as long as he is behind the gates, but can still cover a large portion of the map.

there is no global Ult that can kill abathur. First if your lucky to even have vision of him, you can possibly do a significant amount of damage, even like 80%, but what is 80% damage to a hero safely behind a fort and gate that can hearth or drink from a fountain instantly after being touched? And hes hard counters: Samuro, Nova, Zeratul, Valeera, Illidan cant even sneak up on him protected by forts reveal, and suiciding to towers in the hopes of taking him out with them.

Potato thinks countering an enemy is to kill him…dont be a potato. Players counter abathur

[quote=“Phrozen-1504, post:7, topic:17237”]
hes hard counters
[/quote] dont be a potato, abathur counters every stealth hero

Kills are not the only way to counter a hero, which is correct. But not being able to kill a hero makes getting exp and levels more difficult and makes farming stacks more difficult, just like how TLV makes farming stacks easier. TLV counter this by spreading out and mutli-tasking controls, but the opposition of Abathur has no way to counter his safe play style other than to ignore him, but that doesn’t grant you a way to earn that xp back or to find a way to get as many stacks as you could . That’s my current view on his situation, unfortunately.

But I have a similar view on Medivh’s bird form, which can’t be countered when it’s complete, so I may just not know how to counter play invulnerable heroes.

Abathur was JUST made less safe by having his locusts not go as far.

1 Like

Then I apologize for my comments. I haven’t played him recently and with the patch I haven’t seen him lately so that may be why.

No need to apologize, You can’t know everything.

standing still in a lane, not hitting any minions and just killing of hat…there u go, abathur not killed yet countered by just playing smart

2 Likes

Dying with abathur without suiciding is hard.

Ahh, the old “hero not dying = must be OP” thing.

Very Interesting, i dont recall saying anything about any Hero being OP, but your post is just for attention/sparking controversy, this is a discussion of Abathur not being accessible to combat, where in the past he was available to find but risky to engage due to his position behind towers, hope that cleared up things for ya friend :slight_smile:

Which game mode?

I mean, Abathur is so-so in the ranked mode and can be very strong in QM if you are unlucky.

The game modes dont change the fact that assassins cannot reach him without suicide, and forts provide him with detection against stealth

Well, draft mode would at least making things easier to deal with Abathur as you can select an appropriate hero to fight against him or just outright ban him.