A Tuskarr Hero: A WOW/HOTs player's dream come true

Though the idea started as a meme, there are honestly wow players who want the walrus-like Tuskarr people from Northrend as a playable race (There are/were WOW fan-games where Tuskarr were playable). While one could argue about their playability in WOW, Heroes of the Storm could somewhat scratch that itch. Other joked/half-serious playable races included the murlocs (Murky), gnolls (Hogger), and naga (supposely Lady Vashjr may be playable at some point). So HOTs could do this themselves.

Now one question is which Tuskarr from the game should be used. Or should a new original character should be made for that concept? (Like Lunara for the dryads). Here’s one concept I thought of: Master Angler Karu from MOP.

Karu would play as a range and proximity controller bruiser, wielding both his harpoon and fishing pole to attack his foes and protect his allies. Karu can use his harpoon to spear his enemies from a distance and drag them into his range, where he could swing a powerful walrus-strong punch. But he can also use his fishing rod to snare foes and toss them around into each other or into the range of defenses or other players. Karu can also save allies by throwing his fishing rod at them and snaring them to safety. Finally, like Qhira, he can use his harpoon to pull himself to safety.

Karu’s strengths would be vast range control, but to do real damage, he must close the distance between him and his foes, since his ranged options don’t do much damage, or he must depend on his allies if he throws enemies into their attack range.

This style could be applied to any fish-loving Tuskarr really, but I felt using Karu, whose a master fisherman in the game, would fit the best.

1 Like

I very much like this idea. Wanted to see Tuskarrs as playable race in WoW since Cata where they added my beloved goblins :slight_smile:

However, this race is a fat ugly non heroic creature. Since we got pandas that cover the fat aspect and other non heroic heroes like the Nexus category ones, Tuskarr is probably not that great idea for a new hero.

Edit

I’m looking to make a Tuskarr concept, with this thread I can now imagine what kit / maker fits this character, but I really missed Avalanche for him because Mei already had it.

Concepts including the use of fishing rods (harpoons) is suitable to other murloc as well.

Nice. I pictured the themes with the tuskarr heavily include fishing, especially in an icy setting. That’s why I pictured Karu (though he doesn’t have to be the exact one) being a slow-moving, but powerful bruiser who acts as a proximity and location controller.

Karu himself would be a slower-moving character, but he has vast range that he can use his pole and spear to grab onto targets, friend or foe, and throw them where he wants to be. He can save allies from danger, throw enemies into each other or dangerous defenses, or pull an enemy into his range where he can powerfully pound on them. Due to his size and strength, he would be a dangerous foe to fight at close range.

The spear-grappling hook idea would be to make up for his lack of speed, allowing him to pull himself to safety.

As for his heroics, I had two ideas:

1: Karu pulls out a giant fishing rod and swings it, allowing the player to control where it lands over a vast distance. If it hits an enemy, it can pull them all the way to his location. (Limit is he can’t pull an enemy out of the shielded healing area). The enemy will be stunned upon landing.

2: Karu throws his spear into the ground and fishes out a giant beast or such and then smashes it onto his enemies.

1 Like

I like the Tuskarr idea but this hook mechanic is a bit overused imo. Maybe let him apply Bloodseeker’s Rupture effect on those stabbed by his harpoon.

I guess that works. The fishing rod can be his sole proximity controller.

My thought was Karu would be a powerhouse at close range, but slower than most other characters. The idea is he is a proximity controller who can pull his allies to safety and his enemies into danger.