A message from Kaéo Milker

Thanks, Kaéo!
The news is shocking, but I think people are being too dramatic. I’m still in it!

5 Likes

So they money was and is the principal problem, and the root is the 2.0, the loot crate system. You can gets a lot of pay content tottally free, FREE. I remember, before the new system, i spent money for skins and mounts, but right now i dont need spend more, the mayority of content can be obtain free or could buy a Boost and get much lootes to recover the investment.

You need a profitable system, i love the new what the games uses now, the battle pass and cosmetic only purchasable with money. something like, you can get back the gems, what did you spents to buy the battlepass, or use them for a skin.

Other thing, the HGC could obtain income from the players, like the compendium, the 25% incomes of the battle pass could go to directly to the HGC, no need spent money from your pocket.

2 Likes

???

5 Likes

I’ll be here until the very end, please don’t let the game die.

4 Likes

Good. I see no reason to stop playing.

4 Likes

Activision* FTFY oh but who am I kidding, Blizzard lost their spine years ago.

4 Likes

Do we still get our new rank system

Blizzard is great at making amazing games, but then mismanaging them into the ground. That’s honestly the most frustrating thing. Fix the matchmaking system and ranking system and this game would be 100x better.

2 Likes

This is BS. I lost faith in Blizzard with the Diablo Mobile announcement and what kept me going was “well at LEAST I have HoTs”… I guess you just took the last little bit I had left.

Blizzard… When youre done chasing $$$ and learn that loyalty to your consumer is priceless then reach back out to me and ill follow again till then consider this my farewell season with HoTs.

Signing off,

Your long time follower since 2001

16 Likes

I’m sad to see the tournaments go, as I did enjoy watching them, but I almost hope that maybe it’ll be good for the game? Ideally, the balance team will shift from (necessarily) balancing for top-level play to balancing for the average player.

Heck, maybe we could even get some new PvE options, to accommodate for the eventual shrinkage of the playerbase. I know a lot of people who exclusively play against bots (and I probably play against them 90% of the time), and we’d love more to work with.

Anyway, as long as there are new heroes and events and skins coming, I’ll be here, and I look forward to what you have in store!

3 Likes

At the end of the day the biggest blow here will be rebuilding community trust because this just a very dark period that took many off guard, especially with the unceremonious way that the HGC scene was retired and how this gutted out a part of the community. I definitely wish you guys all the best but there is a tough road ahead with how trust has been damaged badly by the decisions made. Because even if the changes and development is stellar community trust is at an all time low, and that needs to be regained.

10 Likes

Here’s hoping for the best but it’s hard to fully commit to a game when it’s own developer stopped doing so as well.

4 Likes

You mean this Esport obsession and pressure are not standing in the way of development anymore? Good!

8 Likes

one simple question , why this is even happening ?
Why? what game is next and again WHY ?

3 Likes

Thank you for the post Kaeo! As sad as I am, I still think this is a very fun and special game. I will keep supporting the dev team and community. Please keep bringing solid content like this toy event. I love it so much. The toys with the round joints. Takes me back…please keep us up to date and engage with us. There are a lot of us here who love this game and want it to thrive. Thank you for your hard work!

It’s not hard to understand. HoTS isn’t making enough money, (or any money from what I’ve heard) and HGC is a VERY expensive production.

Take into consideration that Blizzard stock prices have dropped by nearly half this year (along with the rest of the stock market) and it’s not hard to understand that this move was a simple if cold blooded business decision.

5 Likes

if you continue and release one hero every 6-8 weeks it will be fine. But if you release one hero every 12 weeks or less, it would be the end of hots. on my opinion. And if you instead use your devs on games like diablo imortal, that’s not … wise

7 Likes

Kaeo, i just want to say one thing. Many of us love this game. I know the effort you put into this. No matter the circumstances, i’ll be her supporting you. This game is great. Not perfect, but I love it. I want to send love your way. Know that we care. Much love to all of you who keep working on this great game.

2 Likes

Honestly one of my bigger concerns for removal of HGC is for players at the actual higher end of the spectrum that competeted in coomunity tournies and such, that looked to the pro scene to keep learning the ever changing meta, myself being one of those people. Learning and understanding good drafting routines. And not only that but hero balance aswell. Without a doubt alot of hero balancing in the last year as almost always directly been tied to HGC balance as the difference in hero power that some heroes have from casual play (which is something Blizz has been trying to fix on someone like Blaze) to pro coordinated play is quite a steep hill. As well as other heroes like Abathur, genji, tassadar, despite having some of the lowest win rates casually/standard play in Hots have insane power in actual coordinated play. and with that note, can revert Bunker nerf from 2 patches ago then? since that change made Bunker complete trash for casual play except for Blaze himself

5 Likes

The focus of the game shifted toward milking the player base for money instead of resetting MMR, adding clans, fixing reconnect, etc…

What did you expect?

Loot boxes killed this game.

TELL ALL YOUR SUPERIORS THIS.

7 Likes