A message from Kaéo Milker

Sorry bliz. I was a big supporter of you for the longest time. The recent showing of what you pay your employees. The lack of customer care. The lack of knowing what your consumers really want and now your trashing this game? Old blizzard would not of done this. Activation would do this and hide behind the Blizzard name. Should of seen the signs back when I was playing WoW when you decided to nerf raids with the 5 10 15 20 25% nerfs when the raid was current and like a a month or two when the raid was introduced. This was when it was clear that Activation took over. Telling us if we wanted a challenge to just take off the nerf. do we get better gear if we do that? nope.

This gem system you tell us that people wanted was a lie and we all know that it was. I did not buy a single thing in this game when 2.0 was introduced. Never will till I could buy things straight up with cash. This aint the Bliz we all grew up with.

I supported you for the longest time. Look at my posts in your favor on the old HOTS forums. This is the last straw you did that makes me not care anymore. You took the last bastion of happiness I had with blizzard and tossed it out the window. Good job. Not getting a single cent from me ever again and i hope other will follow suite.

I would say thank you for the fun times before I go but now i know that every dollar I put into this company now went to harming your employees with the low wages that you guys have been handing out. I feel ashamed of even supporting you guys.

Today was going to be a very special day for me on HOTS as well. Was going to be hitting lv 200 with Li Li. Close to no use of any stim packs or anything like that. a legit lv 200 not a boosted lv 200. Only used the stims i got in loot boxes. I refuse to even finish that because of the amount of anger I have with you now.

4 Likes

I gotta agree with Sparks above here… I don’t really care about Hots or its esports scene, but a lot of fans did. That would have been enough for old Blizzard to continue support, money be damned. I really do not like the direction the company is taking at all and I’m sad to see the studio that got me into gaming as a kid take such a cold and greedy turn. I guess even Blizzard eventually has to bow to Activision’s stupid needs.

Love how Activision RUIN this game… U really gonna LET THIS MOBA(YOUR CREATION) DIE?, becoz of them?. Any of the original designers of this game still over there?. If you are there… Lemme ask u something; Are you really prepared to see and LET your game DIE like this becoz of this BS $ bussisnes to benefic some pockets?. Nah, blizzard plz hold up ur pants and WORK this MOBA is the best or should i say, WAS the best moba out there at this time in the world. Now ur letting it die like a mfo ALONE. Thats the way which its gonna go. I’m telling you, the Streamers, the members of the PRO teams, the community in general is SAD really SAD for all this BS going on. Fix it or just Turn down the servers and kill it of 1 shot and we move on or we just gonna see how it will be killed slowly for some heads in the cup of the company who wants make more money from this game and at the end of the day is not giving enough to fill the pockets of that or those persons who did this to us… if thats the point of all of this BS. i’m sick, i expend 4 Years of my life in this game to end up like this?. No ty. Farewell who ever did this, farewell and I wish u luck in ur life, future proyects becoz ur just ruining this game and its never gonna be the same again.

1 Like

Wow.

I would have never guessed that blizzard would be so cold and heartless to it’s own developers and franchises. I feel for everyone involved. I loved this game and only took a year long hiatus because of life and personal reasons.

It’s a great game and for Blizzard to just up and burn it is truly, and pitifully tragic.

1 Like

While there are many players who think that this game was developed around the “1%” or "pro players "or whatever… I totally disagree with them. I think this game catered FAR TOO MUCH to casuals in every single aspect which made the game unfun in a lot of ways.

Skill based matchmaking suffered big time and it taking a back seat, was too much for a lot of us who were actually competitive oriented. Your system failed to put people where they belonged (much sooner than it did) so a consistent 24 death feeder could be languishing around in diamond/platinum games forever… ruining games for people. Troll accounts were tolerated and birthed by bans/silences themselves. New players given too much benefit of doubt in placements etc etc. The list goes on. All in all it made the majority of your games grindy, unfun and less about having a competitive match more about babysitting other players.

YOU ALSO CULTIVATED A CULTURE OF CHAT POLICE, TOXICITY SEEKERS, AND VIRTUE SIGNALERS. I’ve never seen it happen in a game before. Never knew it could happen anywhere actually. This was the worst thing that happened to this game. **Joe-Sensitive-Feeder who might not want to play anymore with Jim Skilled cause he called him a poopy face gets Jim Skilled banned but what about me??? I don’t want to play with Joe Feeder either. I’d rather play with Jim Skilled and I have no issues with harmless words. *** So what about me??? You never considered ME. That is what is so wrong about the whole silence ban system. There is no going back. The game will never be anything than it is now. (and you already indicated this by your actions). So I’m not sure why there is this post now. Maybe to buffer the damage done but the damage is done.

We told you there were things that needed fixing, but you ignored us. As such… I’m not falling for this call for renewed hope or anything. My last hopes were squashed at Blizzcon 2018. Yes I saw through everything. Furthermore what was done to the pro players is unconscionable. That’s what stings more than anything else. Those were OUR HEROES.

As a player in this game I really felt like none of my concerns were ever heard. It was drowned out by emotionally immature people who could never accept their losses were because of their skill… not because of some OP hero or bad comp.

I hope you guys learned a lesson from this but I have my serious doubts. Never did anything change for the better it only got worse and worse… and this past event takes the cake. I’m sorry but you really have lost my trust and my respect across all your games… and I guess thats why you posted here.

I think the ultimate worse thing was no communication and your chosen platform (Reddit) is built on participation by agreement… meaning if your opinion/statements/discussions/concerns isn’t liked by some… it gets buried and ignored. Weird how you chose that as your primary avenue for feedback. Anyone that had anything to say even on this forum was buried, their posts deleted even if it was constructive and well written feedback. Thats not how a company who actually cares about feedback is run.

5 Likes

This is such a crime. HotS is pretty much the only quality and well-developed game left from Blizzard. And they’re poaching it and picking it apart to help salvage their other messes.

The worst part is, you know that the other teams (WoW, OW, etc.) looked down on the HotS team back in the day.

This really breaks my heart and I hope Blizzard doesn’t strip away too much. Cheers to the HotS team, and I’m sorry for your losses.

2 Likes

Yay! Good news from Kaeo that we are not abandoned. New Heroes still to come? fangirl squeal. I will certainly miss watching HGC on Twitch but honestly I haven’t played competitive ranks since 2017 so this move toward casual enjoyment of the game is a welcome change. :blush:

Most companies would pay to have all this feedback about their products. Blizzard gets it for free, and IGNORES it.

I am NOT sorry to see the developers leave, maybe they are skilled, but they have not shown RESULTS. They have not PROVEN they can do anything but make skins and loot boxes.

Minor changes would have saved this game which they could have easily implemented and can still do it, but its probably too late.

1. We don’t need 8 different reports. We should have 1 for AFK that could also include actions like int dying, botting, or whatever. And 1 for racist chat like calling someone a N. You should only get banned for these offenses. Getting rid of skilled players hoping you get more people to replace them is not a recipe for success. Coco Cola wants to sell coke to everyone everywhere. At a fast food drive through to a movie theater. They are NEVER going to BAN one of their customers from buying coke since this customer can STOP buying coke and buy Pepsi instead.

2. Combine TL and HL rank games into one game to reduce queue time.

3. If someone is AFK the whole game, don’t lose points in rank games. You don’t want a surrender option but you want us to play the whole game with a bot and still lose points makes no sense.

4. Allow us to PAY for an MMR reset. Since you can’t fix matchmaking and are not likely to do so in the future since most of the dev’s are leaving, here is an easy work around solution.

5. Placements are meaningless since you now no longer get to move up or down multiple ranks depending on your skill. So reduce them from 10 to 5 or just 1 for vet players like they do in SC.

1 Like

Blizzard wrote us a love letter, and Activision snatched it from our hands, ripped it to pieces and burned it to a pile of ashes. BibleThump I will miss HGC and the community, and I have much feels for all the pro’s and casters this affected best of luck to you all. BTW not holding my breath on new content or updates.

i think he means it as in it’s obvious that new heroes would be something people wanted added to the game, but by saying “even” it’s like it’s somehow something they’ll only barely manage to possibly release with luck

Even new Heroes :((((((( i thing everybody waiting for new heroes. Dont slow the proces of puting out new ones it will destroy game even more. As long as i got Grom and Dethwing i will stay :slight_smile: but if will be new hero every 3 month i thing game will be death :((((

1 Like

I don’t think we can expect matchmaking and reconnect issue solved thanks to that.

J Allen Brack is dirty small liar.

1 Like

And what are you supposed to say then? You work in Blizzard, if you say the true you will be fired. Dont lie to us like the diablo team did from all over these years

Give me Mannarot, Deathwing and Vol’Jin and i will die in peace

Give us our Guild or Clan System !!! So we can start playing with communitys!

@Kaeo Milker

Thank you and your team for working on Heroes of the Storm. I acknowledge your love and passion for the game. That being said… I wish I could trust and believe you. Unfortunately I’ve been down this road before.

After the Diablo: Immortal fiasco and the steady overall watering down of WoW; the “reduction” of HotS fills me with deep concern. Individually all these are bad but survivable missteps. As a combined picture however it suggests that Activision Blizzard has a serious disconnect with its North American and European market. Far more damning is the refocus towards mobile gaming for the Asian market. That indicates to me that North America and Europe are no longer a primary factor in Activision Blizzard’s market and business plan.

As such, you no longer have any products I am interested in. I already have my mobile game. I don’t need 4 more. Unless the people above you who are pushing this agenda change course there is really nothing further for us to discuss. Once again thank you for all of your efforts.

1 Like

Man, I’m also done giving you my support. I enjoy Hots, but what really inspired me to play it consistently is watching the pro games every weekend. Now that’s gone. And not only that, but the fashion in which you decided to carry out this whole decision and announcement really unnerves me. Like you’re just going to pull the rug out from under me at any moment.

Like- Here’s what’s really crazy. Your production literally put together neat little videos about these players and teams in your league, in order to familiarize the audience with them. Get them emotionally invested in these people that are competing so they’ll spend some extra cash on banners, sprays, and icons, right?

Blizzard gets a cut of that money, twitch gets their share, and then the teams themselves get what tiny slice of that pie for themselves. There was a lot of bits spent. And not just people spending them for these cosmetic items and premium mounts buying these things. But people who just genuinely wanted to support HGC.

I’ve seen forum posts of people asking you, directly, to let us help support the league.

And then you announce sh!t like this, like. “Sorry guys, but we can’t afford to support the league. We’re also going to be moving devs out of the team onto things that we can’t actually discuss. But don’t worry, it’ll be better this way.”

You didn’t even give the league and the people casting it a bit of a heads up!

“Hey guys. Sorry for the bad news, but you might want to start looking for another job.”

So whoever did watch the league, spent bits on these teams, and players. Grew fond of them, get pissed on and we’re just supposed to be like.

“Alright, yeah. I’ll keep spending my money here. Keep playing this game, even though you threw a part of the community in the garbage after you made money off of them and set them on fire. They’d never do that to me though.”

1 Like

Taking care of the players… how about the performance based matchmaking that you talked about over 1 year ago.
I can’t even comment about the HGC bs… If you would take care of the players HGC would still be a thing. Too bad I like this game too much to quit playing it. So sad

3 Likes

Thank you for all your hard work and dedication we were all looking forward to all the good and new changes that the team was working on i hope you still keep up the good work. I’d love to see more heroes like kelthuzad. this hero is so well done the way he works is so fun and satisfying to play. the kit is so clever with the skillshots and the amount of different plays that you can do. my absolute favorite hero in the game.