A Message from Alan Dabiri

Hi Alan,
Thanks for all the hard work you put into Heroes, the game has only been getting better and better over the years. Glad to hear there is more stuff in the pipeline.
All the best for the future.

2 Likes

Bummer. :frowning:

Best of luck.

3 Likes

So the fact there hasn’t been a classic character since Lost Vikings is on you?

#BlackthorneOrFullScorn

Be that as it may, all the best in your endeavourS.

2 Likes

Don’t be cruel! I hate the current system as well but I know that he inherited the awful matchmaker. He just couldn’t fix it. No one can because the problem is more complex. Until players can have 1000 MMR difference between the rank they have and what they actually deserve, even the best matchmaker will fail to work in the desired way.

3 Likes

Good luck on your next adventure Alan.

PBMM was an utter failure (that the community is still waiting on), and HotS 2.0 was nothing but an overhyped cash grab system. That said, the game did have a lot of good quality updates under your tenure.

4 Likes

Thx for the hard work Alan. Please don’t take the posts here too serious. Hope to see you drumming again this blizzcon.

2 Likes

Bye and thanks, I like the heroes that were developed under your direction.

1 Like

Good luck anyway.

I hope if new HotS team leader give us map editor or return fun in the game i will be happy (balance around HGC and competitive scene removed all fun in this game for common players).

4 Likes

I really appreciate the fact that HotS team had the balls to try out new stuff. If it’s been Dabiri’s signature then I commend it very dearly.

4 Likes

Good luck and thanks for your work. I hope next HotS’s new leader will be able to do something with Tassadar.
Have fun.

3 Likes

@Alan Dabiri: Have a good luck in your new position. Thank you for the new stuff you have added in the game. (Tho i’m still upset why you haven’t added Grommash hero in the game yet :P)

@New director whoever he/she be:

• The game needs unique adds like scenario mode, arena mode (2v2, 3v3, 5v5).

• Hero and spec rotations needs some balance. We have seen imbalanced role releases recently like support and range assasin hero release spams. Other roles needs some attention aswell.

• Matchmaking system needs some real fix (like Hero level and winrate based fair pick system)

• Last but not least: give us Grommash Hellscream! : >

1 Like

You did okay. Dustin was an impossible act to follow, and you managed to hold things together for a good while. Despite the exaggurated complaints and compliments, I think you know well you did- and I trust you to have selected a good successor.

Goodbye from me. And Good luck.

1 Like

Yes, Finally. I was really sad when D.bro Leave the team, but know im happy this change is made, this game have turn really badly since Dbro left, but know I have hopes with new leader. GL&HF in your team game.

6 Likes

Ty Alan! for your work! I love the Game! All the Best to u! and Just ignore the disgusting comments here

1 Like

well I agree that cool characters were released during your time , but during dbro time supports had more build options while there were valued more than they are now , you could build dmg supports. Most of all I liked mephisto who had decent kit but overpowered heroic , and instead of heroic nerf he got his base skills nerfed , but nevermind , good luck!

3 Likes

Darling what are you talking about? Everyone seems to be very positive on this thread, I’m loving it.:star_struck::heart_eyes:

1 Like

I don’t think he’ll read me, but:

Thank you for everything. I grew with Rock’n’Roll Racing, W2, SC, Diablo, etc, W3, and I have continued playing Blizzard games. Playing a game about -almost- every character I love was a dream. I have so much fun with HotS. And it has to be a hard job because most days all you read is people complaining about matchmaking, bans or balance.

2 Likes

Goodbye and good luck.

It’s weird the ommision of the horrible GoT rework. Do they realice that it isn’t a good start for the new dude in charge…?

12 Likes

So uh…whose your replacement?

2 Likes