A Diablo set in WC3 Universe with HOTS Graphics

Who doesn’t think this would be a hot seller?

When you say “A Diablo”, you mean an Action RPG?
So, what you’re suggesting is a less MMO, more action-focused version of WoW? (but with HotS graphics).

Yeah, I think that might be fun.
Like the Rexxar campaign in W3, turned into a full game.

1 Like

This is basically another Diablo game…

So no.

Set Diablo V in the FAR future. Nephalem using technologically advanced gear. Think Starcraft far.

1 Like

I would much rather play an extensive 3rd person bloodborne like, dark themed Diablo game that could also eventually evolve into a 3rd person MMORPG. Just like how ‘From software’ took all their souls-like games and made a open world version of it.

Is it realistic tho? Extremely doubtful, but let a man dream :slight_smile:

1 Like

I want to play a Warcraft game, but WoW is too much of a time investment for me today. WC3 Reforged is unfinished and a mess of a remaster. If I could just dip into the Warcraft universe short and sweet like Diablo then that’d be great.

You will have to get your warcraft fix elsewhere since Blizz screwed up the only option that doesn’t require a monthly fee. They doubly screwed up by removing the original and forced players to use the remaster.

Like you mentioned Diablo. It is the closest thing you will come to a warcraft universe without the warcraft.

If you have a copy of WC3. You can install it on a PC without Bnet installed and without internet. You can play it single player that way.

They are releasing D4. You will have to wait 10+ years for the next Diablo game to feature WC, which is highly unlikely, and people will treat it like a Diablo reskin, which is cheap.

I’m also tired of Blizz recycling all their games within every other game. The newest thing we got that wasn’t recycled was Overwatch.

I know some game franchises make the same game over and over. Blizz is juggling 10 games. 5 of which are either ruined or supar. Was there a fan base to have those games remastered in the first place?
Now I heard that they will do the mobile game Diablo into a pc game? Just makes me facepalm.
They should just make games and let it die. Move on to the next thing. Instead they want to put everything on life support, wait till there is an opportunity for someone to suggest something stupid and ruin it.

100%. We have been waiting for that d2 remaster for a long time and it didn’t disappoint really.
I may have only played it for 2 weeks, but it was a nice 2 weeks of playing the best arpg ever made (and yes, I had tried to play the original years later, but the old graphics really made it hard to stomach and nostalgia glasses didn’t help with that much - remaster is the only way to replay those really old games; I’d love a d1 remaster too).

I’m not sure there would be much interest in arpg in wc universe though. Arpg = diablo, wc = rts :p.

1 Like

Diablo 3 engine is superior to SC2/hots one and when hots was announced I hoped they would build the game in it, because of how fluid and well optimized it, as well as keeping that hand-drawn unique aesthetic.

Gameplay wise, wc3 campaign wasn’t that exciting and I don’t believe that the introduction of the new hero system worked that well in single player. Sure, the gameplay experience in multiplayer in multiplayer is entirely different and superior but having a hero who can’t earn more than one lvl increase per mission just wasn’t my thing, it was more about world building and story telling.

You can “enjoy” playing D:Immortal for a while until they release D4, which is expected to be a top-down view game set in said universe, adopting many of WoW’s philosophies and designs. Rather than being a closed-off game as it currently is, it’s very likely that they’ll be using a system to dynamically fill the world with other players.

Tomorrow at 10 a.m. (Pacific), they’ll anounce the next Warcraft game:
https://reveal.blizzard.com/en-us/
I don’t know how it will be lore-wise (by which I mean, if it will have it’s own silly alternate universe, like hearthstone), and I don’t know if it will be to your liking (maybe you hate mobile games :man_shrugging: ).
But it might possibly give you the low-time-investment Warcraft experience you seek… I mean, it’s not impossible :stuck_out_tongue:

To clarify, when you say “HOTS Graphics”, are you referring to a semi cartoonish art style?

1 Like

I mean a game that looks like HOTS which is still far better looking than WC3 Reforged. What a disaster of a remaster that was, has to be the laziest remaster I’ve ever seen.

Carbot Hots when ?

Do you mean Carbot skins for the game? I think I read those were at least planned at some point, but that was before the game was declared classic and the budget slashed.

Was thinking about Hots with Carbot graphics like SC2 mod but yea I know something like that wont get added now.

I like Hots’s graphics style better than WC3 also, but the way they basically reskinned WC3 wasn’t that bad, it looks pretty good in my opinion. Its just sad that they basically just gave it a skin and then sold it again as a whole game.

You’re right though. Its the laziest remaster ever. No new cutscenes, no new cinematics, the map descriptions look the exact same, the invite feature doesn’t work when adding a friend to your game. They basically did 3 things. Add player colors, portraits, a reskin of the gameplay, and brought the online experience again. Not worth $30, but I still bought it just because they made the original WC3 obsolete.

My sister and I still get a kick out of the custom games. That’s the main reason we bought the remaster, so we could play together again. That is probably the only game all my siblings have played together from blizzard and I’m super glad it was remastered so we could enjoy it again. I just wish they did a better job at remastering it.