5 Stacks in QM - Some Stats

I agree to a point.

It’s not every 5 stack annoys me in QM.
The guys doing what you did are fine, you’re rotating heroes, trying new comps, playing what you feel like.

There are other 5 stacks
I can think of two in particular that play Aus servers, that I’ve added to my friends list so I can dodge.
One plays the same 5 heroes pretty much exclusively and has like an 80-90% WR in QM.
Those guys are a Master, a couple of Diamonds, and a couple of Plats I think.
Then there is another that is two Grand Masters, and three Diamonds. They do rotate their heroes a bit, but they are always very well thought out combos. Same WR.

And I get it, they want to play with their friends in QM too and chill. It is unfair though, a 5 stack with an organised comp will STOMP most other players 80-90% of the time.

My advice is if guys like that do wreck you, send them a message and ask if you can dodge them.
Yeah it’s pretty :rooster:
But against that if I’m not the :rooster: I’m the :egg:

1 Like

This happens a lot more often the higher you go in mmr. When I was edging around GM nearly half the games were wordlessly synced. Still got my a handed to me.

It’s faster to voice chat than type and players in hots and other mobas refuse to voice chat with randoms

1 Like

Not everyone wants to listen to someone who flames or scream at you on voice.

It’s been discussed to death if these games can be balanced or not, especially how full stacks can build specific team compositions for maximum advantage, while the other side will get formed with what’s available within the MMR range, often drastically weaker compositions with less synergy.

It’s bad user experience and very demotivating. The least what can be done to improve this is so they start showing again who is playing together on the enemy team. Average player that regularly gets put into this position will no doubt quit early in their planned gaming session, play less often or switch altogether to a different game. Individual player experience should be first and foremost, regardless of this being a team game.

The only way to form a fair match is to have one 5 stack play another, which unfortunately doesn’t happen as often, but I believe 3+2, 4+1 or even 3+1+1 are the only other compositions that should be allowed to be put against full pre-formed teams.

How do we achieve this? Automatically put group of 3+ players in an extended queue and make them wait slightly longer in case another full stacked group is formed a minute after the queue is initiated.

4 Likes

This tbh. Instead of Blizzard fixing the problem, they just hid it =)

I would join voice if everyone else does. In a fully competitive environment where everyone is serious, the randoms would get the same communicative advantages as the 5 stack. They wouldn’t be used to each other’s play styles but in the end if you want to get advantages you have to take it with the risks and all of being flames and toxic randoms. If someone is too toxic for you then mute. If you don’t want to go on voice like current playerbase doesn’t do either, then it’s your choice too. I’m just saying the playerbase is so soft that they’re literally hampering themselves.

I’ll also add for other mobas too players are soft. It’s not just a hots playerbase problem. No one wants to risk Skype or discord to gain an advantage as it’s too much work or I don’t want to be yelled at excuses

The point of my post was that they already apparently try to do this as much as possible. Of course it was easier when the game had a higher population, but in my experience, the match maker does do its best to match large parties against each other.

I believe it is easier in QM to match groups vs groups just because more and more people are leaving SL for QM.

Yeah, they’ve changed it for awhile now. But even before then, I won as solo queue all the time. I just do not understand these people who are constantly saying the only way to have a fair match is 5vs5, it’s completely ludicrous. As there’s no possible way for a group of NBA level players be formed to win against a local YMCA team that occasionally plays together.

5v5 between high and low tier tournament players aren’t even fair. It’s primarily dependent on the skill level of the players first.

There are those occasional 5 man master/diamond try hard groups that make you wanna cry, but those are far from the norm and at the very least they sober you up and would have likely won regardless what group was put against it.

1 Like