38% winrate, from plat 2 to gold 5. 80% of matches are one-sided snowballs

What am I doing wrong? I lead whatever roll I’m playing but consistently losing. I know how to draft, I pick intelligently, but no matter what I’m losing over and over. Is it because I only solo queue?

4 Likes

This game is flooded with players who are misranked, throw games and just do not care about ranked, yet they que for it for the luls, solo queing in ranked is a mistake.

11 Likes

SaMpLe SiZE oF 12 GaMes ThiS SeASon

3 Likes

I could not agree more. this rank system is a joke. I am an above average player and get stuck in the worst matches ever. I keep falling. had two matches with no tank or support. I am not even trying to get in the diamond or plat bracket just move up to gold or something. stuck in silver is AIDS. Honestly done with HOTS for awhile. I just cant understand how some of these people even make it out of bronze. I think i have blocked and reported every player in silver right now. Complete Joke.

6 Likes

Just lost a 9 min match. Had best siege damage, exp and hero damage done. cant make this crap up.

2 Likes

Cause blizzard does not see any of this as a problem thus the problem is getting worse. Too many players in plat and as i am now learning in diamond are not even playing to win. They are there to throw games and troll players. Its nonsense that most of these people have nothing but losses on their match history and yet they are ranked so high cause of this bad MMR system.

Edit best example is i was just matched with a diamond 4 raynor who afked til the game disconnected him, he would reconnect and hearth back to base only to repeat this process until the game had ended.
The only thing you can do is never solo que. Always que with 2-3 people and hope things get better.

2 Likes

Above average player. With this kind of mentality, you pay no respect to your opponent and do a lot of mistakes. If you are blocking and reporting so many players, I have a gut feeling that you’re part of the problem. Topping stats does not mean a thing. If you are always doing the wrong play, you are wasting a lead that could be an easy win.

Your team could pull a lead and you could screw without even noticing.

One simple clue leads me to believe all of these, you think XP is a good number to display. It shows nothing besides the fact that you sat in a solo lane for a while. Siege damage is irrelevant if you were piling up numbers when you should have been at an objective for applying pressure.

High hero damage, good job. Some heroes are designed in a way where they’ll output more damage in crowded fights. You think it is good of you to do good numbers. They don’t seem to align too well with the winrate aren’t they ! I wonder why … it must be the others.

2 Likes

i knoow that feel bro :frowning: i was patunum 2, now im gold 3. I played around 200 games this season, and most of my games was one-side.

1 Like

Well with 200 games you should have enough data to answer the question what you’re doing wrong/different. If not, then you haven’t been paying attention I guess…

Everyone having the same problem as you are. It doesn’t matter what category your in. I’ve fallen from Gold all the way down to bronze 5. I think my win rate was less 25% when I was in bronze. now i’m having trouble getting into silver 5.

So it’s not you if your playing very good, but once in a while bad games. It’s the other players whom are just not committed to win desperately.
The problem I’ve seen still today is that most players rely on numbers too much which causing more ppl to lose. ie. Deathwing has like 68% winning matches, or other players win rate between 35%-60% as most ppl will look at. Others just plays for persona stats. like High scores and low deaths.

If players don’t think about numbers too much then I think everyone should be above 50% win rate. but apparently ppl do still think about numbers that win matches, even bad numbers can win matches as most players don’t realize.

Wait if you’re losing in 9 minutes and getting top siege, that means that your team is getting steamrolled and you are off doing siege damage…

I’m so tired of these whining posts which consume half off the space in this forum. No one cares about your “bad luck”. Because every. single. player. in. this. game. who isn’t at a rank they want to be has “bad luck”. I stopped believing it after the 10,000th complainer with the same complaint. Git Gud.

The problem people seem to ignore that trolling in this game has grown so much worse and its being ignored.

2 Likes

So why did you necro a 2 month old thread?

2 Likes

it was the top of my last visit results

1 Like

And this is what happens when games are won purely based on team effort while individual skill is toss aside.

I refuse to play Ranked in HOTS and will only play QM with a group of friends. If you want a good ranked experience then id play LoL. With HOTS there is no actual difference between ranked and QM so it isn’t worth the effort or the stress.

3 Likes

Bro, just get in a 5 stack and get kid that is at least a full tier below you in your party so you can rank up against low silver randoms like every one else.

The real problem is that you are playing against 5-stacks 50% of the time in solo queue with people that are over 1000+ MMR above you helping their team in voice coms. It really, really makes it hard to consistently win in solo. They can’t fix it either because there aren’t enough people playing. This is why they got rid of team league and also why they hid the party tags in the loading screen so you can’t see if your enemy team is a party. They had to realize it is still obvious when you are playing and you are a silver 2 kid, playing with a gold 4 friend with other silver 4 randos against a plat 2 or plat 3 kid in a 5 stack against you because they have one low silver or bronze friend to trick match making. This happens so much and is completely ridiculous to have to deal with. It is honestly an exploit in the match making and you can tell by the match history of those parties after the match when they have won like 11 games in a row. When they outrank their friend and cant party they just find someone else just low enough so they can play below their own MMR.

2 Likes

How can you tell the difference between players that are two ranks below you that are just smurfing vs the ones that are actually gold or silver and are just bad though? I mean lets face it, everyone will claim they are a master and that is there smurf.

By their movement, if they stutter step, side step they know how to make engagements I usually spot smurf quite easily. The most obvious thing is the movement.

3 Likes