3 issues in HOTS client for the last year at least

There are several problems with the current 2020-2021 HOTS client for Mac and maybe PC.
#1 When its booting up a menu bar shows up before the loading screen. This is a minor problem but not very Blizzard like.
#2 Half the time holding my mouse button down will not spin the character around. I have to minimize and reopen the game.
#3 1/3 of the time the game gets stuck on the screen with all the players names on in with progress bars. I have to force quit the game and re-open and then rejoin the game… most of the time I do not get to pick a character in Aram.

Very frustrating! When will these problems be addressed? It has been over 1 year now.

The Mac client has been more or less broken since mid-late 2019.

There are no fixes and while there are occassional acknowledgements from the Tech support, the company doesn’t appear too enthusiastic over spending money to fix these issues. These Mac issues are still very real in April 2021.

If you are playing on Mac, I would keep following the updates on the Mac Support hots subforum above.

The game runs a bit better on the brand-new M1 Macs, but there are other issues with it (like ground effects/spells being invisible).

Yea it runs great on my M1 but its unplayable until they fix the ground FX. I mean I guess its playable but adds a HUGE difficulty level. My main Mac (2017 iMac) runs it great too but you just feel the lack of Mac love over at new BlizzardVision. I guess Chinese people do not like Apple much since Diablo 4, Diablo 2 resurrection and OW 1 and 2 seem like they will never come to Mac. I guess Diablo Mobile may go to M1 Macs if they allow it. Maybe once there dollar signed shaped eyes see how much they can make off mobile open up the SOC Macs maybe finally get Blizzard love again but may be too late for me. Pretty much lost me as a fan over the last like 10 years. Still hanging on by a thread that they keep making shorter.