2nd Heroes of the Storm Fan-made skin concepts Contest - ROUND 1/3. Let's find the next Janitor Leoric!

!Notice!: Round 1/3 will end soon (in less than 2 hours)! Make sure to take the poll before it ends!
Hi again! Welcome to Round 1/3 of the contest. I made a poll consisting of all concepts submitted in the Submission Round. Now please vote for the concepts you like in the poll below. There is no limit to how many concepts you can vote for. There are more than 200 concepts (=more than 400 images in the poll) so please view them all carefully. It will take quite some time to vote so you should take this poll only in your free time. The top 50 concepts will be in the next Round/poll. This Round will end on Thursday July 2nd at around 7:00 a.m PDT/ 4:00 p.m CEST. The next round (Round 2/3) will be announced on Friday July 3rd at around 7:00 a.m PDT/ 4:00 p.m CEST.

How to take the poll:

As the poll is REALLY LONG, here are some tips:

1. As there is NO LIMIT to how many concepts you can vote for, you should vote for the concepts that you like/impress you WHILE you scroll down to the end of the poll (You don’t have to view all the concepts then go back to the start to vote like last year). Then click “Submit".

2. If you suddenly have something to do while you’re taking the poll, you should just leave it open on a tab then you can come back to it later.

3. Link to the poll: https://forms.gle/9i9W6VwK8ut6gG2S7 (You’re required to login into your Google Account. Each Google Account can only vote 1 time. The poll may take a while to load because there are a lot of images in it.)

Thank you so much for participating in this Contest!

(If you have time, please share this post with your HotS friends, HotS fan pages that you know and upvote, comment on this post so that more people can see it.) :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Link to my post on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/hi0ih8/2nd_heroes_of_the_storm_fanmade_skin_concepts/

May the best skin concepts win!

11 Likes

Maybe got burrowed with silly posts, so here’s a bump.

Also is there a chance to add spagnaros (spagetti skin for rag)

2 Likes

The Leoric skins are really nice. And I loved the executive Orphea concept.

1 Like

I’m a simple man. I see amazing concepts, I like.
Man. These skins are too amazing. I really hope they make the best concepts real. (Tho a shame with the downsized team, the chances are a bit low T_T)

1 Like

The Google form is missing a voting box for Dragon Knight Blaze. Sadness.

Edit: I found it, the skins weren’t really in alphabetic order, which confused me.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for resurrecting this post!

Sorry that it confused you! That was my intention though. The list is kinda in alphabetical order, but I avoid listing all the concepts for a hero at the same place (til the end) so people have to go through all the concepts, and not just find and vote for concepts of their mains.

Btw guys, Round 1/3 will end soon (in less than 9 hours)! Please take the poll if you haven’t!

That indeed would be glorious!

1 Like

Really nice skins. Really few Medivh skins :frowning:

Azmodunk and Janitor Leo were fanskins on not that popular Heroes but I fear that this voting will be mostly ppl voting for the best skin of their fav, and thus the most voted skin will be on a Hero who is already popular and has many skins :confused:

1 Like

Lots of fantastic art concepts. Would be nice if Blizzard would allow volunteers to help add these into the game to help ease their work load while keeping the community alive via the engagement of fans submitting their work.

1 Like

If only the artist had made it and submitted it! He/She literally posted it 2 days AFTER the Submission Round. :cry:

I don’t think so. I was like you in the 1st contest. I believed that people would only vote for their mains. However, as you can see from the last contest’s result, a lot of less famous heroes that deserve a new skin won, Eye of C’thun Probius was top 1, and there were Ragnaros, Brightwing concepts in the top 10. So I don’t think and I hope that the situation wouldn’t be different this year. :wink:

3 Likes

I voted based on creativity. Some of those skins, I probably wouldn’t use but I looked at some of them and thought, “wow, that was pretty creative”. Even if I wouldn’t use it, I couldn’t deny that the creativity was there.

2 Likes

Final notice: Round 1/3 will end in less than 2 hours! See you guys tomorrow with a post announcing Round 2/3(+a new poll)!

Btw. Did last year contest had a winner?

1 Like

yes it was the probius eye skin but we didn’t get it ingame yet maybe they’re working on it still? who knows

my vote went for Star Warrior Orphea :heart:

2 Likes

The top 10 of last year’s contest:
1. Eye of C’thun Probius by hexervoodoom
2. Cosmic Galaxy Ragnaros by Joseph Kim
3. Alexstrasza the Faerie Dragon by Avai Chan
4. Frostwyrm Brightwing by Amanda Diaz
5. Lunar Orphea by UID10808325 ?
6. Purifier Zagara by Joseph Kim
7. Grand Magistrix Whitemane by Jan Kowalski
8. Pirate Whitemane by Roghka
9. Brightwing Mech by PK Olson
10. Princess Orphea by Antonio Demico

2 Likes

Oh. Will they make it to the game? C:
(Or if there’s any that made it to the game?)

1 Like

I think we didn’t meme it enough for them to make it. The contest is more like a survey so devs see what community likes more in terms of ideas, themes or heroes. (my opinion)
The only skin I would meme about is Spagnaros (it’s not in the contest)… I mean BY PASTA BE SERVED!

3 Likes

There are a lot of good ones, and i could not help but vote for pretty much all Lunara and Orphea skins.

The Grave Keeper skin for Orphea though … looks cool and the idea that Orphea trolls her father under that guise is just golden.

Pirate Whitemane? I find about these skins for it. also Purifier Zagara look like protoss themed-skins. I need for it.

I voted for some skins for special reasons. Some skins were actually great but these ones i picked i felt like they were MEANT to be ( IE: they related to the hero OR they relate to other skins, like an event !!! )

1. the ICE package: ( a winter event i assume )

-Frostlord Kerrigan ( LOVE the detail and how she looks like a qhira-frost lich jaina hybrid . maybe the good hero of the event )

-winter veil deckard ( OMG he looks like something that would YANK me back to the game anythime. DEFINATELY easy cash )

-winterlord wagnawos ( yes i watch asmongold ) ( great concept! looks like thor, and is pretty sweet! )

-ahune wagnawos AKA the cooler one ( winterlord is GREAT but it relates more to norse mythology, which by definition relates to cold stuff, than actual cold. but ahune just STRIKES the mark. still think frostlord is great for a later idea )

-lich queen jaina ( outside the fact her face is completely chubbier and different, and that she has no helmet and she needs more spikey than smooth, the color scheme and pallet is just MAMMAMIA! :ok_hand: :ok_hand: :ok_hand:)

-lich king manduin ( the skin itself isnt the best and could use great modifications but the effects drawn are quite exiting and he fits the party)

1. blood, death, red, YOU GET THE IDEA!

-vampire medivh ( wonderful skin, fits perfectly )

-thorn KTZ ( it might not be related to medivh’s skin in terms of lore but theyre both red and both like death so both are the same. cool skin too :smiley: )

1. nature skins:

-forest ent diablo ( one of the best, actually authentic looking, skins ive EVER seen in my life. stunning all around. takes the A on everything. )

-druid dehaka ( similarly, great skin design. honestly i support this theme fully cuz it works so well with most heroes )

1. fire! :

-fire lunara ( very fitting seeing she can catch fire )

-infernal greymane ( oh so he is wagnawos’ lil brother and can transform to hades’ lil pup)

1. other:

-magister li’ming
-control arthas
-grave keeper orphea
-loa alex
-nethermancer KT
-summerthur
-lili’dan
-nexus genji
-archmage deckard
-mephistolisk
-murky’s skin