2-Player Hero: Dark/Twilight Archon

Been said a few times before and I know it overlaps with Tass ult but I just want to get my idea out there and might edit it a few times as I reconsider it.
Numbers are placeholders, feel free to comment about anything.
So far I just wanted to see some mechanics that we don’t have in the game on the Dark Archon part, the body itself could use some polishing to be more interesting since it’s just an afterthought.

Bruiser/Support

The Bruiser

• Ranged splash attack, slow speed
  • Massive shields with very low health
  • Cannot mount, instead warps in to a location visible on the map. There will be an audio warning and the Archon’s body instantly arrives at the location, but neither player will be able to act for several seconds, making it a risky move to use it aggressively

Psionic Tempest (Q)
Damages all enemies inside a small circle, then after a short delay it damages enemies outside of the circle in a ring shaped aoe, then once more outside of that ring.
(The idea is so that it can damage enemies who are running away several times or soft cc them by making them stand inside the rings)

Annihilate (W) <<(Kinda boring, placeholder until I get new ideas)
Channel for 1 second to deal massive damage to a non-heroic target or slows and applies a damage over time effect to an enemy Hero. Long cooldown to keep him from burning down towers too quick in the early game.

Power Overwhelming (E)
For a short duration the archon’s shield is drained every second but gains increased attack speed and range and basic attacks restore a small amount of shields.

We Burn (R1)
Channels for 7 seconds to generate an AoE that damages and slows enemy heroes inside of it, the area grows each second to eventually cover a large area around the Archon. Damage dealt by We Burn restores shields by a proportional amount.

Empty

The Mage

• Uses energy (100)

Maelstrom (Q) 40 energy
Creates a small-medium area for 5 seconds that blinds enemy heroes, if they stay in it for 3 seconds they become stunned.

Feedback (W) 30 energy
Drains a target hero’s mana to restore shields and energy of a proportional amount and deal damage to the target if they’re an enemy.

Confusion (E) 30 energy
Target enemy hero becomes confused for 3 seconds, during the duration all heroes will be treated as both enemy and friendly by them.
(Right clicking a teammate will cause you to attack them, your aoe and skillshots will hit teammates, can heal enemies accidentally)

Dominate (R1) 40 energy, drains 30% of max shield
Take control of an enemy hero for 6 seconds. During the duration that hero deals significantly less damage and gains armor and will be treated as a friendly hero. (cannot be targeted as an enemy by teammates, but will be hurt by the enemy team)

Oblivion Awaits (R2) 40 energy
Target enemy hero becomes intangible (invulnerable/untargetable, can still move, attack and use abilities, maybe still be seen, can pass through units) to all other players except the Archon(s) for 8 seconds.

1 Like

I want more 2 player heroes.

I want them too plus a water gun.