Zephrys why!?!?!

I know that’s something I’ve been saying quite a lot lately. It seems to me that Zeph has been dropping the ball for doing things, even as simple as providing a certain 4 mana board clear (why would I want swipe when he as a board full of 2/2s!?). Has anyone else noticed a stark drop in zeph quality since the last expansion?

1 Like

im gonna guess that the board was 2/2s and a 7/4 or similar, at which point zephrys will prioritize the big minion

3 Likes

My opponent (shaman) had a board full of buffed minions. I had also minions but it was problamatic to trade them into his buffed minions.

On turn 7 I play Zephrys, hoping he would give me mass dispell so I could trade favourably. I don’t remember what he gave me, but it wasn’t game changing. I guess I overestimated Zephrys intelligence on this one. I just asked too much off the little guy :slight_smile:

For some reason he doesn’t offer me healing card idk.

This is why I usually don’t risk and wait for Twisting Nether turn, rather using all my own removals

I have yet to figure out how to get Zeph to give me a silence, but I know how to set him up for all the different board clears and lethals.

no i didnt

every time i played zeph with 4 mana left i got consecration and holy nova as choices for a 2/2 board

the only thing in zephrys logic that would make it offer swipe over holy nova/consec when the board has a lot of 2 health minions is if there is a big minion in play that swipe can help kill, the logic considers a big minion like a giant a bigger threat than 4 2/2 minions

I tried to get holy nova yesterday and he wouldn’t give it to me. I actually set up for it; brought all of their minions to 2 health, and at least one of mine, plus my hero, could have used a little healing. Instead he gave me S17 Agent because he focused on the 8/2 and ignored the rest of the board.

how much mana did you have? s1 and nova is usually not in the same pool of cards

It was turn 5. I coined, played Zeph, had 4 left. I played in the correct order too. It’s like Zeph didn’t see I coined?

That’s actually a good guess, I will try to see if I can replicate something like that.

I can only guess that the coding of Zephrys is majorly complicated to actually wish for the perfect selection.

That being said, Zephrys feels like it hasn’t been as optimal with its choices ever since they “fixed” him into giving other cards that weren’t as common. Deathrattle and that being not as recognized still is a problem in my opinion, as well as the flexibility of choosing cards that cost 0 or cards that can be played the next turn.

there are some answers to questions that always should be included when saying zephrys didnt work properly:
-what was the boardstate? enemy minions, your minions, their health, attack, and ofc buffs, secrets etc
-what was the available mana? if you have 5 mana, play coin, and then play zeph then your available mana is 4
-what is your mana next turn?
-matters in case of wild growth etc where zeph might determine its better to offer a play for next turn
-what cards were offered? zeph usually offer a tempo option, a removal option, and a value option (ofc with exceptions depending on board), S1 usually goes under tempo
-what cards did you expect to be offered? zephrys logic isnt perfect, but for the devs to be able to improve it they need detailed information about the situation
-ofc always include atleast 2 screenshots if possible, one of the options and one of the current boardstate