You can only gift stuff to people when you are friends for at least three days? Why?

Ever since I saw this video I thought about doing something rather crazy because it would be just so cool if it were a thing:

Treasure Goblins. So how about I just do it myself. I make a thematic deck and if the opponent “gets me” I just gift to them a few card packs. We now even have a solid groundwork for that with Galakrond Rogue. I tossed in like Marin and Rafaam and then most importantly Daring Escape for, well, the “escape”. I concede and the Treasure Goblin is gone. No loot if the Treasure Goblin manages to escape. But it shouldn’t be too difficult although I also didn’t wanted it to be too easy. Every now and then the Treasure Goblin should be defeated and then… the Treasure Goblin drops his loot in the form of two card packs. (I would probably go for the latest expansion most of the time.)

So as I wanted to gift for the first time I saw already before (as I checked) that you need the BattleTag. But that’s no problem. You can see that in the Power.log file in the Hearthstone folder. But it didn’t seem to work. So I looked up and found an article stating the above: You need to be friends (okay, I just friend them and if they don’t accept no loot for them as in they don’t pick it up) but also for three days at least (well that just makes it pointless; wait three days until the loot arrives… makes no sense whatsoever).

This is not really a complain thread, but I was just wondering why that is the case. I mean I guess I will now spend that money not until the next expansion which I would spend money on regardless. All the while I still have >20k gold and >10k dust laying around. I have the full normal collection and don’t care much for golden cards as I don’t like them that much and it would be ridiculous expensive and also bothersome to open all those card packs.

So how about gifting people card packs in that really cool way. You could say it’s a big waste of money because the packs are so much more expensive when buying (gifting) only two at a time, but I don’t really care. I just wanted to do something awesome. But alas. It shall not be.