Yet another way Blizz is killing its own game

5 matches in the past 25 minutes and EVERY opponent used the new minion added today.

Now zerg decks will suffer and the game is going to become an arms race with bigger showier decks only. Was you could actually play basically whatever you wanted originally, then it divided out into control, zerg and late stage decks. They’ve killed control decks with bigger and bigger late stage decks. Now they killed zerg decks today.

This game is over. Please give us more money for 3 new shiny features we are adding to bg’s, mercenaries, etc.

4 Likes

Aggro has ruled for long enough. Let control shine bit and have a chance now.

People have complained that games were too quick - now they are working on solutions and the aggro fans object to it. Lol

The return of turn 7, 8, 9, and 10 is upon us.

10 Likes

Yeah, how dare people want to play the new shiny card that just arrived for free? rolls eyes

Seriously, I doubt most decks will keep it long-term. I’m sure a few will definitely benefit from it (and I’m happy about that), but the play rate today is going to be massively over-represented just because it’s new.

13 Likes

that new card wont solve curse lock problems or otk deck issues(infinite turn mage for say)

reno will stay disabled by curse of agony(abyssal curse support)…infinite turn cant be dealt with…shudderwock will continue to perma board and hand lock with no way to stop it

So it’s okay for aggro decks to kill any form of slow deck and rule the meta for several seasons at a time, but the opposite is a sin?

Hilarious.

If all you know how to do is vomit small minions onto the board every turn and rush face, why are you even playing a card game in the first place? Go play a hack-n-slash or fighting game.

2 Likes

Control wont shine though. For example in wild I come across an odd warrior with 40 health insta concede.

Same with ramp druid and priest. No one is interested in hour long game especially when laddering.

Much easier AND more effecient to insta concede and move on to next game.

So what you will find is those control decks playing against each other in actual games.

4 Likes

tbh just take advantage of people jamming Renethal bc their decks aren’t refined. Yes, the extra HP sucks for decks with finite points of dmg (so like DR Rogue or Garrote Rogue); and yes, the 10 extra cards suck for fatigue oriented decks (so just add one of your own); however, the 10 extra cards are also a drop in consistency for most decks. Run a refined, tight list like Beast Hunter and you’ll climb.

were u asleep for when Control Warrior was so oppressive it had 3 entirely different win conditions with the same base shell? what about HPala or Freeze Shaman? Curse Lock? Control is fully alive and well and dominant.

2 Likes

“OMG people are playing a free card everybody got thats going to kill the game!!!” :rofl:

2 Likes

wooo, it’s almost as if people like new cards and try them when they are free.

When they gifted Vanndar/Drektar it happened the same thing, it’s nothing new/strange.
It would be worse if they gifted an irrelevant/uninteresting card (like murlock holmes, it seemed cool but then they revealed the effect and it’s terrible: I fear it will be free in the pass, unfortunately)

6 Likes

People have been asking for higher health pools precisely because of the dominance of aggro decks for years. This is one way for Blizzard to achieve this without having to check individual class mechanics. It’s 10 more health, that’s maybe one more round for your average aggro deck anyways. Suck it up. Besides, you have to remember that a larger deck also dilutes their deck a bit and makes it less likely that they draw something they need in a given round. It’s a tradeoff.

3 Likes

The card could use some nerfing (I think +10 HP is a lot, especially when the drawback is something you can also turn in your favor) but this is hardly “killing their own game”. If anything, it’s the opposite – the extra cards allows for all kind of wacky strategies, and the extra HP makes sure those strats have at least a semblance of viability.

And while I think that the +10 cards can be turned into a benefit, usually it’s a drawback. And a big one. It means you won’t get the cards you need when you need them. Aggro decks thrive when people can’t find the answer to them.

1 Like

Well the problem I’m seeing now with the new card that jumps to 40 warlocks now will shine even more since the stupid card immolate burns the whole hand

it only burns the ones you didnt play !

Well if you cared about those cards so much, why didn’t you play them?

2 Likes

Because I didn’t have enough mana to play them.
WHAT?! You guys pay mana?! Who pays mana for cards nowadays? Honestly. Hue hue hue hue hue hue

3 Likes

Literal poor troll attempt at trolling is poor.

*DING *

This is bad, even for you. And in another thread, you literally post:

So which is it: troll people for saying the card was bad, or troll people for playing card against a card you lied and claimed no one plays in their deck.

Nevermind, the answer as always when encountering the bot is: troll people who take issue with the company.

you do know i was quoting inmolate flavor text ,right ?

1 Like

The new excuse for violating coc is…“I was just ‘quoting’ text that violates coc, so it doesn’t count.” I’m sure one of you will pull that one the next time you use hate speech, or harass a poster who states they are on the verge of suicide. But it won’t wash there, and it doesn’t now.

im pretty sure you are lying

just in case

hate speech on a flavor text ?
can you name the card with it ?

1 Like

Boreas

1.i didn’t play board clear because it would kill my own board
2.i played Zephrys but rip that polymorph card for your disgusting deathrattle 5/7//other big treat…also rip Zeph for lethal or board clear needs
3.i didn’t play finley because it was meant to turn your power off…not screw up my own
4.not enough mana(single minions)
5.not enough turn to play my few high cost cards i had in hand
6.i didn’t play n’zoth cause i had yet to get any deathrattle to die :S
7.too soon executus ! you had to hold back this board clear for another turn since they didn’t had enough value to use it on
8. wasted battlecry…Imma be rich !..wait…rip my Reno ! it could of save me from fatigue damage or lethal T_T
9.i was hlding these card for a combo…even my backup plan is ruin…why just why ?

Dear Blizzard,

Scissors are OP. Please nerf scissors. Rock is ok.

Sincerely,
Paper