Year of dragon= year of aggro decks?

I play standard on 9-10 ranks, and there are a lot of cyclone mages and mech hunters

Sounds like a similar build then. I have Whispering + Forest Aid + Soul as well. Not sure on how meta my build is as it is one of the two Standard decks I have been using since Day 0 (it and Control Shaman).

Iā€™m at a similar area right now as Iā€™ve been focusing on Wild the past few months. Iā€™ve honestly mostly been seeing different Mage decks lately mroe than anything and Iā€™m just playing Token Druid in Standard right now until the buff patch. Any other class quests Iā€™ll just play in Wild where I have decks I like better in general. For Druid though Iā€™m not a huge fan of ANY deck right now in either mode >.> I am playing TOken Druid (and Selesnya in Magic) some just to learn token decks in my two cards games (HS and Magic).

1. argue pls
  2. I agree about too long games, but be honest, withdraw on 5-6 turn every game sucks as well

Decks that refill the board again and again are midrange at best that win by putting so much value that you not have ways to clear the board.

Aggro decks are decks with real explosive power and little to no refill with tempo mage and pirate warrior as great examples of the past.

The curve not makes the deck. In theory you could even make a control deck with only 1 drops.

1 Like

Cyclone Mage is a combo deck. Mech Hunter is a midrange deck.

Anything that wins before Iā€™ve assembled my win condition is aggro!

I dont get it, how can it be a midgame deck, when in the midgame the game is mostly over (turn 5-7)

Because win at fast is totally possible for a midrange deck when the opponent have bad draw or just suck at the game.

I didnt say its possible. I say most of games end till turn 8. And I am not talking about my games, I am talking generally

And it is weā€™re they should end.

The metagame of last year is what was the annomaly.

I not pointing at any specific person but most here just let saltness blind they of the ā€œgood sideā€ of said momment and create a reason to whine at every single state possible to the metagame be.

That because design isnā€™t black or white.

For baku and genn for example they caused matches to be more consistent.

That made for a less RNG defining match results but also made certain matchups feel totally helpless.

In other words:
If someone really wants to consider itself eligible for a discussion the first thing said person should do is stop with the salt and see the ā€œgood sideā€ of what she not likes.

Yeah you canā€™t really complain about aggro as an archetype. We can talk about individual decks though, nobody is going to listen to you if your entire post is AGGRO BAD

And again guys, pls read carefully. I didnt said anything against any archetype decks. I am talking about disbalance, when one type of archetype is much stronger than others.

And u say it should end on 7th turn? It is your opinion, it is what u prefer. Different ppl like different games, some like fast games, some like longer games. Thats why it is important to have different balanced archetypes.

And stop beeng toxic guys, we are here to discuss and not insult each other.

It isnā€™t were it should end because of opnion.

Turn 6/7 is the usual end game since the begin of the game.

So in the sense of how the game used to be it is in fact weā€™re most games would end.
It is the ā€œusualā€ and last year was a exception.

So you are asking for more agro? As many have shown, it barely (if even) exists.

Ehā€¦ Iā€™d say 7-9 is a fairer bracket. Agro has historically hit T5-7, midrange 7-9 and control 10-12 (with variance depending on the match-up, of course).

always get a lot of aggro at the beginning of expansions. Not a lot of cards so go back to what has always worked in the past and smorc your opponent to death.

Aggro decks are always stronger at the start of a new year - thereā€™s only 4 expansions to play with so combo and control have far less tools at their disposal, while aggro and tempo have no need for specific tools, just whatever is most efficient. Short of any particularly insane releases or meta matchups, the meta should be expected to slow down as more cards become available throughout the year and more defensive options become available.

AGGRESSIVE cards. This is not the same as cheap.

Dire Mole costs 1 mana. Itā€™s bad in aggro, but itā€™s great for Midrange. Eternium Rover is terrible for aggro and fantastic for control,also 1 mana. Voidwalker is cheap and defensive.

See the point? Low cost is not aggro. Aggressively statted minions, Charge and burn damage is aggro.

How about giving some dam examples! You keep going on about the terrible aggro decks, yet you havenā€™t presented any for us to discuss!

Last Season

Hunter
Hunter
Hunter

New Season, new nerfsā€¦

Hunter still most played.

3 out 5 Find a Match

Hunter
Hunter
Hunter

Another whole year of

Hunter
Hunter
Hunter

1 Like

I didt say that. All aggressive cards are cheap, but not all cheap cards are aggressive