Wish-list For Solo Adventures?

Now that we’ve completed all chapters in GA and concluded this funny storyline, what are your wish-lists for possible future solo adventures? I still think the puzzle-style from The Boom’s Day is by far my favourite, and would love to have something that engaging ( requires thinking) again. Any ideas? Even those inspired by game modes from other games.

I really like the dungeon runs.

As a joke: how about a jump and run style adventure like Mario?

3 Likes

I like the puzzles too, but little beats the Dungeon Runs, especially with the personal treasures in Tombs of Terror, in addition to personalized hero powers.

5 Likes

Not a fan of the dungeon run style. Why have a collection??

I thought this adventure fused styles well with both pre-made and collection based completions available. Plus not having to redo a run after a single loss gets a big thumbs up from me.

1 Like

I want something fresh. I would love them to keep the light-hearted nature of Hearthstone but ‘less silly’ this time. We had that for last year’s narrative (it was fine), but now would be a good time for something more intriguing.

Heroic Bosses that can be beaten with SKILL, not restart 100x for the perfect hand and draws.

1 Like

How about a Battlegrounds based solo adventure? There are plenty of opportunities to twist up that format. Might have to present the opposition in other ways rather than just throwing us in a regular game with 7 boss AI, though.

For instance, have the opponent be a single boss that you face repeatedly who has multiple waves of minions, which you can see and plan around in the tavern before you face them. If you win, next round they’ll have a completely different and tougher mob of minions to get through. Lose, you take some damage, go back to the tavern, and build your board up even stronger to try again. Defeat all the waves to beat the boss.

With that as a base you can mix up the formula a ton with crazy player and boss hero powers, adventure specific minions to buy, and any other curveballs to throw at the rules.

2 Likes

Interesting…

Speaking of modes, I have a rough idea for one: I would like to have an advanced A.I. ‘training buddy’ (sort of like a Zyphrys hero but one that doesn’t play unfairly like in the dungeon runs, where they give it cards that wouldn’t make sense on ladder).

Basically, I pick a class, we still have the limits of the 30-cards deck, but on each turn I’m able to pick whichever card I want that I can play for that mana cost from Standard (even cheat out the slower ones if I have the right card that would allow me to do that). I can ‘rewind’ to a previous turn if I made a mistake and play another card or quickly on the fly look for another one in my collection if I want (have the search capability like in the card collection manager) - the A.I can do that as well. We still adhere to the rules of the cards and the board, but we just test new combinations to see the effects. I can choose to have the A.I. play the most popular decks (Res Priest, Face Hunter,…etc) in a ‘restricted mode’ (where it can’t change the cards for e.g.), so I can also test and practice against them.

It wouldn’t be about winning or losing (yes, whoever brings down the other to zero first wins), but it‘s about giving the players a ‘sandbox’ to test new deck ideas and ‘how to train yourself to think’ on each mana turn in a relaxed environment, without worrying about the rope or the consequences.

How about dungeon run but better such as have ability to make your own starter deck as a final deck type reward, possibly an option to start of with an extra treasure after meeting requirements, have mini “fights” where you have options like a thing is trying to rob an old man and you can “attack the thief” and get a random treasure (old man gives reward) or “attack the old man” and get to start off every game with the coin (what you and the thief stole of the old man)

3 Likes

I like the first one; 4th deck type is “Pick 10 cards from your own collection for your starter deck”. Sounds better than “Get 10 random cards”.

4 Likes

I only play single player, so asking us the build decks from our own collection would cut me out. Not saying that makes it a bad idea, but Blizzard would know to what extent the Multiplayer and Single Player crowd overlap.

I really liked Galakrond’s Awakening, though it needs to be released in 1 go, not have something lazy as multiple times the same battle (chapter 3), and as a free way of doubling the content should have the ability to swap sides in a battle (after you’ve completed the respective chapter already).

But an adventure such as Karazhan (but not the stripped down version the Lich King adventure used) is perfectly fine as well.

Just for the love of god no Dungeon Run!

Why not…?

Normal adventures liike Galakrond Awakening just don’t work anymore.

The game power creeped too much. Building a deck with your collectio is not only boring, but pointless, as your decks will be totally impossible for the AI to win anyway as the amount of abusive combos and Mecha’thun and exodia decks you can use.

I can understand why you would say that. Dungeon runs have their place, but I agree that it should not all be dungeon runs. We need something fresh! I keep repeating this, but the puzzles of Boom’s Day were refreshing. Let us hope they do something unique like that.

how about a competitive solo adventure where you try to beat another players best time on the level or map.

1 Like

Cool idea! It is like speed chess.

Dungeon Runs are the best format avaliable, they should simple improve the format.

And I bet money with you that Boom Lab puzzles was the least played adventure ever. That’s why they probably will never do it again.

Don’t think so. It was a lot of fun. But it was conditional (it fit with Boom’s lab idea). My point was I hope they do something ‘outside the box’, instead of it being Dungeon Runs all the time (and I do like them, but not for every expansion).

1 Like

Honestly, I think it would be really cool to have a “tavern brawl” style adventure run. It would follow the same format as Galakrond’s awakening where there are preset battles with preset decks (however, ideally the “wings” of the run wouldn’t be locked behind timewalls).

Essentially, either the innate rules of each encounter are twisted to a point of uniqueness not found in other modes, or as some of you suggested, would pull from preexisting modes like Battlegrounds, as Jetz suggested, or Arena, where you draft your own deck (from a select pool of cards) and play it. Regarding the former, an example encounter I could imagine would be where there’s be a 3 player free-for-all encounter, and you’re attempting to win against two A.I. who are also trying to win, but not working together. Or, as shown in a recent RegisKillbin custom cards video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leiXqFUMKTw, 1st card), you could split the battlefield in half for the duration of the game. Y’all get the point- crazy, unique, gimmicky rules that change with every encounter.

This would be difficult to pull off for sure, just because actually augmenting the rules of the game instead of using pre-existing mechanics to make encounters unique would take an insane amount of imagination and coding. However, I think if done properly, it could be absolutely stellar.

It would be nice if they brought back the shrine mecanic from Rastakhan.