Wish i could pre-order packs with gold

As the title states, i wish i could pre-order packs with gold so i can unlock the battleground bonus hero. Kinda feels like i’m getting cheated by not having an option that is available to others who pay. I mean its a small advantage sure but it is still an advantage and the lack of choices on my hero over a month of play could actually negatively effect my MMR when it comes to battlegrounds. In a mode where your choices/RNG make the difference, the lack of a choice on heroes is a disadvantage.

6 Likes

Your getting access to the mode pre release free with limits they could easy and just as fairly make the mode in entirely be for preorders only and is quite common in company cases to do just that. If you want the full mode and not to be at a disadvantage preorder.

The reason preorders are not allowed with gold is to encourage buying with dollars and using gold for extra packs. Blizzard is a company there to make money not to give stuff away for free. It has been this way for awhile now and should not change. Speaking as someone also waiting to buy with gold. It’s a good thing blizzard uses methiods to get others to pay. This is what allows you and me to get content for free as if everyone just bought with gold there would be no reason to make more content.

Thou I agree pay to win is not ideal in a mode that is beta it’s fine as even restricting the entire mode for the entire beta would be fair game like it was week one. After beta you will be able to use gold for the packs thou we have yet to see how next xpac will work on full release will the reset to those rewards happen on release or pre release of the next set. Should happen on release when the new xpac starts no reason to believe otherwise yet.

3 Likes

I get the idea is to get us to spend money, its painfully obvious.

The preoder bonuses should be enough to entice people to spend money. I don’t think they should be gating your MMR behind a paywall though is what i’m saying. Makes me not want to preorder out of principle tbh. Also many people aren’t going to grind enough gold to preorder that many packs, to the people that do they should be rewarded for their play.

I spend money on this game but i spend them on my own terms, i don’t like being basically forced to pay or not and accept a lower starting MMR. Your starting MMR is the most important thing, once its established its kinda set for a while and will be set when your are at a disadvantage.

You might not spend on principal but many will and the many that will is likly to be greater than those that will do the same as you. As per blizzards math guys otherwise they would not do it.

Your mmr is gated behind that don’t like it than wait till you can but it fully with gold. You have that option that is exactly what I’m doing and playing on a alt for games I want to till than.

The preorder bonus is enough to get people to spend money and part of that bonus is early access to full battlegrounds.

As said they can just as easy make battlegrounds be fully preorder only which would be worse but is exactly what most companys do. There have been quite a number of games I have got to play months in advance since I preorder. Or if you want to go futher any early access can you can include in that.

As for most people not having the gold for 20 packs on release I’m calling bull on that. Free packs are included and norm we get about 10 free packs leading up to and including the xpac drop bonus. As such that is only 1000 gold. In the time since xpac announcement and release basicly everyone saves as shown by the countless recommendations to and even new players I talk to pre xpac saving outside buying the first 10 per set. The xpac pre announcement is norm a month in advance so 30 days x 50 gold is 1500 gold. As such quite a bit of leeway so anyone that remotely cares to have the gold on release day will have it. Just via normal play and not even every day at that. This is not grinding that just playing.

In short make an alt and play without mmr loss on the main till release or don’t play till release. Otherwise accept it. They have a sound reason for there call and as said they are being quite nice allowing you any access before preording not looking all behind.

1 Like

Many streamers create smurf account that didn’t pay and hit 6k fairly easily. Does having 2 choices really negatively impact MMR that much? I don’t think so. Most hero win rate is rather similar unless you roll the 2 absolute worst one, having a 3rd choice don’t guarantee a better win rate hero. And even with the better win rate, its not that glaring.

2 Likes

ADD DanteNero#2173 for free 80g quest

You could also just play in a different region than your primary until you feel confident enough to frequently Top 4 with just 2 picks.

I get top 4 most games as is, but i cant help but think that any advantage no matter how tiny adds up over a month of playing. There are many games when i’m offered two bottom tier heroes and i have to make due. If i was offered 3 the chances that all 3 being bad would be way less.

and riot, epic, rockstar etc…aren’t companies, right? how come they can give all the content to everyone and only sell cosmetics?

1 Like

Probably because those games are designed around selling cosmetics? The only cosmetics in Hearthstone are the hilariously overpriced hero portraits that no one bought as far as I heard. No one is going to buy card backs when there are way too many already.

If Blizzard started selling actual new heroes for money you guys will be starting a riot about p2w. I mean we have a complaint thread here about (temporarily) not having a free 3rd choice during beta…

1 Like

i bought them as soon as they were available

are we talking about hero (portraits) or heroes in bg? heroes locked behing a paywall would be p2w, portraits wouldn’t

I respect that but you’re in a small minority. That’s Blizzard’s fault though.

And actual heroes both in BGs and ranked.

People aren’t going to be very happy to buy cosmetics when the preorder is $50+ every 4 months. People would be much more likely to buy cosmetics if the main game content was free. Why would I spend on cosmetics when I’m still missing cards from my collection?

2 Likes

Weird, because other Blizzard games also “give all content to everyone and only sell cosmetics” (Overwatch, HotS). It’s almost as if different games have different revenue strategies, and 1:1 comparisons are unlikely to be informative.

hmm

which digital card games owned by those companies are you talking about ? havent heard of them

Case in point this game wasn’t designed for cosmetics.

1 Like

Actually, The Boomsday Project, which was the first expansion to add the $80 preorder option, had the $80 option sell more than the regular $50 preorder.

Maybe get your facts straight about who’s in the minority since people have taken a liking these new preorders, and the Descent of Dragons preorders even have bonus packs included.

I don’t think it’s as big of an advantage as you think, especially with the new balance changes that just happened. Many of your wins will be through your core knowledge of the game mechanics, adapting your board state to counter the current top 4, and just a dash of that Hearthstone RNG.

Not agreeing with the other guy about what the minority is as donno but your 80 vs 50 dollar preorder is not a good example. Esp as i see the hero store skins here and there def not often but as I see them obv “no one bought” is incorrect. Them being a minority thou is likly true but I don’t got stats. But if talking vs all hearthstone players than it’s def true as the amount of inactive hearthstone accounts is a massive amount which easy makes that likly. A minority of people that have spent money on hearthstone thou I donno.

He is speaking about buying the hero’s alone the 80 dollar preorders had the same (or better forget) pack price while giving extra content this is not buying a hero that is buying packs at a better price than normal and getting additional bonuses with it. Sure your reason to go for that level might be the hero but you are not paying for the hero you are paying for the packs the hero is a free reward tossed in with the bundle. As such quite a bit different than buying a hero from the store.

As such before you tell someone else to get there facts straight at least be able to understand there comment and make a correct statment to disprove there fact yours is not.

1 Like

Facts are tools used by the close-minded to sow ignorance and deceivery.

1 Like