Wildfire Solution (easy)

I get they changed or buffed wildfire but it kinda kills even mage. I thought of an elegant solution for this they could try? Just keep two versions or wildfire in game, one at one mana, one at two. Seems simple and easy and elegant solution right?

1 Like

Not really, it would make some people run 4 wildfires in their deck maybe… :smiley:

Make it mutually exclusive.

Or people could try an actual non odd/even HP mage.

There has tons of buildarounds.

1 Like

Mordesh is actually scary now. Wow.

1 Like

In this case, I think it will be very confusing for sure: wildfire must exist in one and only one version in a format.
If I play wild and I play skulking geist to counter it, you shouldn’t be able to have a 2 mana copy of it.

I think it’s not that bad to have a normal mage: janalai is a good 7 drop; rastakan rumble has a 1 mana minion that gives +2 damage to the heropower for 1 turn.
There are good odd cards to try

Imagine reaching a point in the game where you have to buff a piroblast on a 10/10 that also throws piroblasts at each enemy minion because it wasn’t good enough to see play, due to its restriction :joy:
I’m happy because that card (or better, deck) was unplayable; now I can try to use it again

I dont see it working in standard and it lost its niche in wild.
Not looking good in my book.
https://imgurupload.org/files/aff86a89.png

How do you lose the game this quickly if you managed to play it?

Its an 8 mana card that doesnt end the game , even if you play it on turn 9 in standard you will be dead at the lastest.

As all 8 mana cards should be :joy:
What the hell is this game turning into!

Well the average number of turns it takes to end games is indeed 8, Mordresh needs 1 or 2 turns more to seal the deal and take the win.

Looks great on paper too bad everything kills you before he does, they might give it some support on the mini set to try and help if more right now you need to depend on your opponent having a realy bad hand and not kill you by turn 8.

1 Like

why not just buff wildfire again and make it cost 0?

1 Like

A 6 mana card, battle master gives many 8 drops a run for the money in terms of potential immediately game winning impact if not more.

Sometimes it might as well give 8/8s mega windfury charge and its already a powerhouse ‘win more’ only card yet you still need to play around the potential to clear 8/8s even if you throw your chance away just because of the risk.

It’s a card you always feel the need to play around even when they don’t use it. I really don’t like it’s design when 6 mana might need to be literal ‘win the game if you can get board lethal’ but trading with it seems fine.

It shouldn’t be able to hit face twice on 0 mana disposable 8/8 replenishing giants but the whole meta is a house cards. Pally use seems fair, I hate warlock with it though. If they could just make it a pally only card that’d work great but pally is already pretty strong wr wise for climbing.

1 Like

No I’m scared in Wild all you need is a coin to play Brann Bronzebeard and cast Mordesh like 20 damage in a turn is like Scary

1 Like

Because 0 mana cards are scary and should be limited.
Also, are we forgetting they “buffed” shadow for for priest, by making it a worse wildfire that costs 2 instead of 1?
I would like my dust from the old golden shadowforms back, thanks :slight_smile:

I honestly think paladin can abuse it more than warlock: warlock needs to play giants, which are already strong on their own, so you remove them.

Paladin can spam a wide board with divine shield and the next turn play the 6 mana minion + some cheap buffs to make a lot of damage out of nowhere.

They shouldn’t make such a powerful effect on a “almost normal” minion: they had to nerf a 2 mana 1/4 windfury and then release a 5 mana 5/5 that gives windfury as an aura; then they nerf it by 1 mana :joy:
I get it, 6 mana cards nowdays have to win the game to be considered playable (and I thought cornelious would have been my “must craft card” of the expansion), but they could at least disguise it on a 1/5 body instead of a 5/5 :joy:

If it was a 0/1 minion, it would still see play probably (expecially in warlock).

Ah… It sounds like a fun meme idea that could be unfun to face in a “normal” game; but that’s what wild is about: do something unfair because it’s wild.
I am fairly sure such a combo won’t be playable in this meta and probably not even in the full next year, judging by how the game is becoming fast/aggro

Doing actually okay using celestial Ink set in hero Power deck.

There are tons of strong cards like ring toss, potion of ilusion ,fireball to be discounted to 0.

Potion of ilusion is Just hilarious actually.

Was thinking about the same! Wildfire to 0!

Wildfire to 0 so wild would be in fire :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like