[Wild] R12-13 (#15Char)

I cannot seem to climb at all. I’ve been using Even Shaman, and keep losing to Big Priest.

I switch to Odd Rogue and mulligan all of my late game.

I am so ready to DE my entire collection and craft anything that can beat Big Priest. I am so beyond sick of losing to them…

Is there ANY deck that can beat these degenerates???

Mill rogue should best them more often than not.

1 Like

Mech Hunter can beat them. Cheap deck to craft.

Mech Hunter

Class: Hunter

Format: Wild

2x (1) Cogmaster

2x (1) Faithful Lumi

2x (1) Mecharoo

2x (2) Fireworks Tech

2x (2) Galvanizer

2x (2) Mechwarper

2x (2) Quick Shot

2x (2) Venomizer

2x (3) Metaltooth Leaper

1x (3) Spider Bomb

2x (3) Tinkertown Technician

2x (4) Explodinator

2x (4) Jeeves

2x (4) Replicating Menace

2x (5) Wargear

1x (6) Deathstalker Rexxar

AAEBAR8ChtMCufgCDowPlA/gD44QlhDUEeL1Au/1Apn3Apj7Avb9Atf+AomAA8yBAwA=

To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Pretty much your job is to go face. This is a fast deck, and unless they get lucky pulling obsidian statues early, this can do lethal as fast as turn 5-6 easy. Build a board as quickly as you can, mulliganing for Mech Warpers, Galvanizers, and other drops for early pressure (as in turn 2-3 early). Metaltooth Leaper synergizes heavily even with small 1/1 or 2/1 mechs. Those bombs can be used to your advantage. They’re not usually targeted, allowing for easy leaper synergy or magnetic pressure. Essentially it’s charge attached to an existing mech body. Trade only when needed. You’ll realize how quickly damage adds up. Healing is often a loss of tempo, giving you even more advantage. However, not healing means if you’re ahead on board and damage, you can push to lethal.

This deck does well against non minion aggro based decks. If you aren’t needing to trade, it’s really up to them to keep up. Rexxar can clutch greedy control games. I’ve beaten Control Warrior Matchups using just Rexxar.

Certain cards can be swapped out for better choices. Rexxar can be swapped out for Zilliax, for instance. Since I don’t have Zilliax, I go with the card that can swing against control.

2 Likes

I do use Renolock which has a 50/50 chance against those cancerous priests. I can give you a decklist on that if you really want to craft it, but it will cost you upwards to 15k dust.

2 Likes

Pretty much any aggro deck.
Odd paladin, murloc shaman, aggro mech hunter, zoolock (funnily the complete standard zoolock list is doing just fine in wild) just to name a few.
P.S. Aggro decks still have room to be adjusted to counter some specific deck. If all you meet is big priests, then tune the list you choose to play to destroy them specifically (which will most likely make you weaker in aggro vs aggro matchups).
P.P.S. Zoolock is probably not the best choice to target priest specifically though - it works better when it has targets to remove with that carpet rush (which is not the case vs priest). Zoolock works mostly because it destroys odd paladin.

Mech hunter is probably one of, if not the most, oppressive decks in wild. And there are a lot of ways to build it. Although for high ranks, it’s probably best to stick for the traditional top 2 - odd paladin and kingsbane rogue (or at the very least play decks that are really good against those 2). Murloc shaman is going strong too though.

Considering big priest is thought of a very good deck (it’s decent, but not too great - way too weak vs aggro) and is overplayed, no wonder aggro decks continue to dominate wild.

I personally played only murloc shaman (an somewhat unrefined list: e.g., I had electra in it just for the 1 in 100 huge buff board game XD; naturally she ended up being played for tempo on turn 3 most of the time) in wild (I just wanted to play murlocs and wild seemed like the place for that deck). I don’t think I lost a single game vs priest while going from rank 25 to 6 (or maybe I did lose a game of turn3 barnes once, but mostly I won even those). I only stopped there, since I got my share of murloc play and I started running into the powerhouse decks (paladin, rogue) and got bored and in no mood to refine my own deck (was already legend in standard anyway).

I played both Mech and Beast Hunter. I was eaten alive by other Beast/Mech Hunters.

I tried Even Shaman and kept encountering Big Priests.

Finally, my last few games were with a budget Odd Rogue. (No Loatheb or Patches.)

I’ve been doing good with Odd Rogue but I did lose to Big Priest. Odd Rogue feels a lot more aggressive. The 2/2 weapon every turn is an amazing resource and I’m learning how to play Edwin, and watch for combos properly.

Thank you all for your help.

I wish I could help but I don’t really know what to say.
Odd paladin,murloc shaman,even shaman,jade druid,odd rogue and big priest seem to be the main decks in wild right now. They all should be decent but you can run into rough streaks easily.
If you really get stuck for long time maybe best to do something else for a bit. Tomorrow things might look different again.

Jade druid is good I think. Its relaxing to play and strong against odd paladin. I think it should do decent against big priest as well. It also has an 33% “I win” option around t4-t6 where you play oaken summons and get archmage vargoth which will repeat and summon the taunt. Then you can continue with jade spells or paths/ramp 1 turn later which usually is enough for the win.

This morning it was all Hunters. This evening, it is ALL Murloc Shaman and my Odd Rogue can’t seem to handle the onslaught.

If you consistently lose the mirror, then either your deck is tailored as some counter (then you need to make sure you actually meet that counter yourself) or your deck is bad or you don’t know how to play it. If it’s one of the latter, then just copy the list you’re beat by and learn to play it.
There’s nothing smart about playing a suboptimal list if you can’t even understand why you’re doing it (e.g., you have 2x secret destruction in a meta with no secrets just to give some example).

1 Like

well, i don’t know really much how is it going in wild right now but if i remember correctly, they only have 1 spell to ressurrect something they pick, the rest is random so, why don’t you mess with his graveyard? use a warlock plus treachery on a doomsayer, that way he will be messed up if he start resurrecting him, then you can go for the hound that discard his hand and treachery, later when i arrive home im going to see how to make a decent wild deck for warlock including those

Play mill rogue and mulligan for sap

They have a spell that summons a 5/5 copy of a minion in their deck. Once they’ve played everything else, and you’re out of answers, you have no choice but to trade and the whole process starts over again.

Thank you. This resonated with me and helped me play my Beast Hunter so much better.

tinkermaster, hex, devolve, sheep, leeroy (or anything that summons anything)?
either way, you should add someone to look at your games, maybe there’re misplays too since you can’t beat them even with aggro decks

Even Shaman is more of a midrange deck.

What rank are you at anymore for wild an standard?

Wild 12 and Standard, 15 I think?

yeah but my point is, ressurrect priest can only summon minions with the 6 cost spells that gives you a copy 5/5 of a minion in your deck, or with barnes, after that all he can do is resurrect, so why don’t you try with a warlock deck that uses treachery with doomsayer, that way you take out the resurrection part of his deck, because once he resurrects 1 doomsayer all the rest of his minions dies the next turn (?

Not bad, though I was expecting you to be higher. The month is approaching its final week.

I would be quite disappointed to see you finish still in the double digits.

I don’t have the cards or the dust for warlock.

Solo content has been a distraction. Also, I’ve been working a lot.

Then show your hunter deck list and i will give you suggerences of what you can put on it to counter big priest if you want