Wild is complete trash. Please Fix Now!

It’s honestly ridiculous that the wild community has to put up with this crap. Pirate warrior should have been nerfed weeks ago. There is no excuse for such incompetence.

3 Likes

Hey, do what i do against all pirate warriors. Concede and save yourself a piece of mind.

Lets hypotheticaly remove/nerf pirate warrior. What comes after that? OddQHunter. So we’d have to nerf that right? Remove that, what else we got? Anacondra druid variants? Making your entire deck obsolete and locking you out of play. Okay, remove that; what else we got?

Wild is a :circus_tent: . Either you join the :clown_face: fest, or you watch it from a distance with a disgusted and sad face.

I go to wild to experiment and to try and make some meme builds work, but climbing the ladder? Lmao, it’s either disgustingly easy (if you use some current OP decks) or hella frustrating (if you play your homebrews).

3 Likes

I mean, yes. But I think at this point it’s time to accept it won’t change until a) the current strategies are powercrept or b) some of the cards warping the meta are nerfed for standard. There has been very clearly a change in wild balancing philosophy in the past few months. Probably brought on by too many people migrating there from standard for the bean counters’ liking.

For a long time Wild was straight up more fun than standard, as Standard was dominated by the discover mechanic, which turned the format into a glorifed guessing game. Standard no longer has that issue at least, but wild is now way worse than even earlier this year.

3 Likes

Standard is trash too. Dont worry its almost expansion time. Oh never mind. Questlines will still be around.

1 Like

You can always be the sad clown. Nothing wrong with that.

1 Like

I mean I get to diamond-ish then just chill in casual with my control decks.

I’m exclusively a Wild player and my attitude ever since the Pirate warrior buffs has been “just wait until next expansion”. That’s the only advice I can give to you my friend

1 Like

I switched to a not quite as degenerative odd ql hunter for this meta. The abundance of pirate Warrior is insane; especially at D5. Maybe the xpac will help shake things up and I can play some more fun stuff🤷🏼‍♂️

you forgot ignite mage, which is faster than anacondra druid.

I am not against strong decks, but when the whole meta is made of decks that win before turn 10 every time, i think there is a problem.
I don’t remember playing a game against hunter/warrior that went on after turn 9; and all I was seeing months ago was these 2 classes (I saved myself some sanity by not playing in wild for 2 months, now starting the 3rd)

2 Likes

I have a feeling the expansion will change little to nothing in wild. It’s the questlines that are the problem. Play 2 pirates draw 3 cards, play 3 pirates deal 4 damage, ect. It’s beyond stupid how fast these questlines get completed.

I know the feeling fam.
I actually made a thread lefitimately asking for help to counter pirate warior in wild since i was facing them more often than most people would believe. Like 4 matches in a row pWarrior, then an oddHunter, then 2 more pWarriors after that. It was trully unfun. I did try both decks as well, and it honestly is easy to pilot and win. Had about 25W-6L. Then i deleted the deck as it’s extremely boring to play with and winning often is not why i signed up for this game.

CURRENTLY tho. Even as i don’t face manny pWarriors as before, i gave up on focusing on climing alltogether and just make some random decks to have fun with.
I.E.
What’s yours is Mine (steal/copy Priest) -wild

Biggest Honcho in Town (Mage with discount weapons and big spells…and a parrot) -standard big mage. not bad but not on the +wr side

Bombs away! (Warrior with almost all cards that either shuffle bombs or summon them on board) -wild, actually pretty good against highlanders and draw greed decks

Can we parley sir? (rogue that tries to abuse and use opponents deck) -standard. oh boy, some good lols were had stealing mage’s ignite

fun times!

I’ll make a thread sometime sharing my most fun homebrew meme decks and i’d ask for everyone’s as well ^^

2 Likes