[WILD] Big Priest again and again and again

Big Priest, Big Priest, Big Priest, Big Priest, Big Priest, Big Priest, Big Priest, Big Priest, Big Priest, Big Priest, Big Priest, Big Priest, Big Priest, Big Priest, Big Priest, Big Priest, Big Priest, Big Priest, Big Priest, Big Priest, Big Priest, Big Priest, Big Priest, Big Priest.

Vargoth resurrecting himself ad nauseam, Catrina invocating herself, WOW so much fun, and no one complaints about it of course it’s such a balanced deck with really smart and fun interactions. Thank you Blizzard for taking care of your wild players, you have really improved your game !

13 Likes

What are you talking about? You dont love losing agaisnt agaisnt a turn 3/4 barens pulled yasrahj that fetches a vargoth, catrina, yera, or another yasrahj? Only to be rezed the next turn if you’re even able to deal with it. And if you cant deal with any of their threats the turn they’re played it just snowballs exponentially. I don’t know about you, but that sound like fun and very interactive game play that the mass majoirty of the HS community loves to experience… in all serious, heck rez preist and heck anyone who plays it

10 Likes

Agreed with this guy.

It is fun

1 Like

The loss of Kingsbane Rogue was bad for the meta as I’m having a hard time NOT running Murloc Shaman right now due to the Big Priest density at r4

3 Likes

Are you sure you’re just not addicted to playing murloc shaman?

1 Like

I think it might be a Shaman problem… I’m also enjoying my Corpsetaker Even Shaman as well, lol

I’ve been trying to play my Baku Bomb Warrior but… =(

Hagatha cast a spell on you!

seems better than turn 3 coin barnes, summon y’shaarj, that summons yshaarj

turn 4 -> double ressurect summons 2 yshaarjs, which summons ragnaros and 2 obsidian statues

…you know, just a regular turn 4

4 Likes

These dumb decks are ONE THIRD of all decks I see everyday. That’s what my tracker tells me. I absolutely don’t get why Blizzard seems to think it’s okay

1 Like

Because the devs play that deck themselves and enjoy the interactive nature of this game-mechanically perfectly balanced construct of beauty and dreams?

3 Likes

Yep. It’s the worst. Even if you sap, hex, morph, whatever a couple of their guys it STILL doesn’t matter. They are going to eventually get to the fatties and will resurrect them several times. There is hardly any counter other than a totally awful draw by the priest. Even then, they can heal and remove their way to drawing what they need. It’s sickening.

What’s sad is that there are enough spineless try hards that just HAVE to abuse this deck. Tough childhood? Picked last for kickball all the time? So sorry…

1 Like

I would be ok with it, if it were not as common as it is.
My last 8 games were against Big Priest.
Even though I win most games, it is more exhausting (giving me the feeling of wasting my time) than rewarding.

3 Likes

What the hell deck are you beaing it with? Gotta be pure, crazy aggro or some mill deck…right? Nothing else stands a chance.

Its a total waste of time, win or lose.

2 Likes

A weird deathrattle hunter.
I literally steal every minion they summon or play with Sylvanas.
Or OTK them with my Meme Reno Priest.
This deck in particular only has one good matchup: Big Priest.
But I change it on the fly, if I get bored with it.

1 Like

I think the message is Loud and clear at this point, blizzard does not care about wild. whether its infinite value un-fatigeable decks, get lucky with rat or lose otk decks, or cheat out big dudes and win decks. Wild is officially dead to any serious form of competition. it has become the game mode you play when you want to use your old cards, but only enjoyable to degenerate strategies.

bottom line, it isnt making blizzard money so they have abandoned it.

The pig priests are really taking their time on meta, nerf by nerf came and the decks who beat them was the ones who got nerf hammed.

I’m taking them down with the quest miracle mage for now but you now, it’s hard to do a deck without thinking : It can beat pig priest? The “no” here is a “So don’t craft it”.

The worst is they’re playing budget versions on casual sometimes even full versions, and some of them looks more like a pig priest made to beat other pig priests.

You know what is truly infuriating?
Vargoth into Entomb.
That is one of their tech-strats.
As if Psychic Scream isn’t terrible enough.

1 Like

Why are you complaining about losing to such a skill-demanding deck? Only veteran masters with 180 IQ are able to do the amazing play that is topdecking Barnes before turn 4

3 Likes

WHEN was the last time YOU played? Murloc shaman is so broken right now no one is playing big priest. It is so broken I did r5 in less then 2 hours from like r8 CASUALLY and I watched my 5 year old go from r20 to r10 with it ON HIS OWN after I built the deck on HIS account.

If anything big priest was a great equalizer – murloc wild shaman is completely broken.

1 Like

I’ve argued that Murloc Shaman is the best deck in Wild, for now. With that said there are some thing the meta can do to knock Murloc Shaman down:

• Aggro and Midrange can start playing Hungry Crab. For instance my Jade Shaman swapped tech from Golakka Crawler (pre-patch) to Hungry Crab (post-patch) and it has done well against Murloc Shaman/ Baku Paladin and (insert Warlock deck) continue to keep Jade Shaman (at least my list) as a tier 2-3 deck. Token Druid, Zoolock (doesn’t need to though), Odd Paladin, and Nine Lives Hunter can all tech in Hungry Crab with minimal to no negative repercussions to the deck strategy.

• Play non-combo Warlock builds: Last month when I played Murloc Shaman (my build is slightly different as I think Tinyfin is garbage and running only 1x Maelstorm is dumb) Warlock, overall, was the best class to at stopping me. Carpet Zoolock will destroy Murloc Shaman most games at it can deny board so well. Cubelock and Evenlock are good especially against the Tinyfin version as 4 cards become nearly unplayable (Sludge Slurper and Tinyfin) unles syou can combo with a Seer.

• Dragon Control Priest: I didn’t face this deck but it is the only Control deck I am willing to use right now between Big Priest and Murloc Shaman. You have a ton of board clears, Mass Hysteria is good enough to use (I might put one in), and the early game can be minimized through your own minions and Potion of Madness. At least for me it is doing better than Warriors were doing against me last month.

I want to see the meta adapt to Murloc Shaman before saying it is broken. Hungry Crab is such a game winning play if it hits early, at least for me it has been, that I’m not sure the deck can survive being targeted. If you play against an Even Shaman, for instance, it becomes quite clear how fragile Murloc Shaman is to tempo loss compared to it’s ‘brother’ deck in Even Shaman which is a lot more resilient as you can’t target it as well.