Why Is This Weeks Tavern Brawl Impossible To Beat?

I enjoy Hearthstone well I did until finding it impossible to beat first the Solo Adventures like Rastakhan’s Rumble. Now the Hearthstone team ends up making a Brawl that is impossible to beat now. Not sure if there are other players like me that hate this sort of mode. I want to relax when playing a games for fun like everyone else. Not to feel like committing suicide when you get to the second to last enemy boss or last and you lose because they happen to luck out.

I still enjoy Hearthstone but please no more impossible 8 challenge modes. Make fun ones like The Boomsday Project and Lich King.

Thank you

3 Likes

Maybe get good, and L2P? You expect to be handed everything?!

4 Likes

I didn’t find it impossible to beat - until the day rolled over and I was presented with my daily quest, and a choice of three NONEXISTANT treasures.

Pick one [BLANK]

Well, I dunno why I’m even mentioning it come to think of it, it’s just another in a long string of bugs from this small, indie developer.

1 Like

If you want the ‘freebie’ win just roll shaman until you get 1/2 mana (2 max) and then pick every single big option (make use of your hero power especially since you can trade and then ‘restore’ HP + make better minions). I just finished it in 26 minutes. There’s a bit of RNG to these things, and you do need to think about your selection. I do like dungeon run mode because it does force you to think about your deck a little… and there’s no scripted (like all the other expansions) “USE THIS DECK” crap.

I got to Rag (boss 8) with some weird goofball shaman deck earlier and drew terribly and lost. Only other hero I played was with warrior and tried going full bomb but that failed horribly. Overall not bad… but I get how this is very difficult for a new player. But I don’t think Hearthstone is catering to that anymore… Blizzard is 100% selling to the current playerbase which should be well aware of the mechanics. That’s their MAJORITY consumer (which is all they care about).

Just pick Dr. Boom and shuffle as many Bombs into your opponents deck as possible.
Also pick the double Deathrattle Passive and Summon 3 Boombots at the start of the game.
It has good synergy with the spell where you summon 7 Boombots for 4 Mana.
Eazy win!

4 Likes

Wahahaha! Dr. Boom’s bomb warrior build is crazy. I also got the chance to select Hagatha’s Embrace treasure 3X(!!!) so +1/+1 3 times to a random minion in hand start of turn. Just go the Boom way for the reserved pack. I wish it was a classic pack though for a chance at those new cards.

Also, the 4-mana spell “fill your board with boom bots” followed by brawl is killer.

I liked the Dr. Boom build a lot too. What surprised me was how different the value of each passive was here than in Dalaran heist due to bosses having lower health totals and not having a mana advantage over you. Dr. Boom’s remote went from bad to really good, while hand of Rafaam went from possibly the worst passive in the game to one of the best. Aggressive decks remain viable till the last boss and the time limit for the extra rewards doesn’t really come into play as long as you play it in one sitting.

I have to say I really liked that you were able to complete your quests in tavern brawl even though it’s practically a solo adventure. Not having to reroll that win 3 games with priests and instead having a run with Madam Lazul was a pleasure. I really hope they add that feature later to give the solo adventures some replayability even if the skip the gold per 3 wins (like they’re skipping it now for the brawl).

I’ve completed it with all 4 now, and the only one I didn’t beat in the first try was Lazul where I essentially threw against Gorr by not taking cheap minions with more than 1 health.

Easiest way to do it is use Dr. Boom and put a emphasis on putting bombs into the opponents deck. Might take a few tries but its by far the easiest way to do it.

OP, the tavern brawl this week is not impossible, but you do have to avoid some terrible / trap treasures and buckets if you can, and it’s hard if you do not have the knowledge of the boss deck the first time you play.

The bosses in this brawl have fixed deck and ability. And as usual, since the goal is to not lose at all, you want to only pick treasures and buckets that synergize with each other, but sometimes RNG will screw you over.

If you don’t get the treasure that reduce the mana cost of your cards, try to balance your deck between expensive and cheap cards because boss 4 (Garr) and boss 7 (Vael) do have mechanics that can screw you if you can’t make any play in the first few turns.

I beat it with Boom in just 20 mins. Be aggressive with all the bomb buckets if you are presented with it

Is this thread for real? I was actually surprised at how easy it is. As someone mentioned early, just pick Dr Boom and shuffle bombs, instant win. Go for rush minions for control and to easily beat the Garr encounter, which is the only one with may create some problems.

1 Like

I too think they should go back to a format where you use your own cards from your own collection. I also hate that the cards are from past expansions. I’d prefer current Solo Adventures to just use the current standard cards and not Wild.

…until Vaelestrasz burnt them all and then went ham with a bunch of 8/8’s to my face.

Every one of these build suggestions is great… For getting to Rag. Then you inevitably get roasted by an 8 damage hero power and seven minions with an average attack and health of 6/6 or greater. You can’t get early board presence because of his starting weapon, and you definitely can’t survive long enough for him to draw enough bombs for it to make a difference. Sure, you can get lucky and beat him maybe one in ten tries, but slogging through auto-wins for 20 minutes just to run up against a solid wall over and over again is not my idea of fun.

The absolute worst thing about this brawl is the real-time speed aspect of it. Nothing they have ever done previously even compares to how bad an idea this is. Hearthstone is primarily a game focused on quick battles and being able to hop into a match when you’ve got a few minutes of downtime. Why did they suddenly forget what kind of game they’d made?

1 Like

Sounds like you’re attempting to outvalue Ragnaros. As you have discovered this will only get you killed to his super high value cards and (post-Sulfuras) Hero Power.

What you need to do is mulligan for an aggressive opening hand and follow that up with as high tempo and quick beats as possible. Your Hero Power should only be used if you have no cards to play in a turn or if you have left over mana after playing your cards. And it is possible to play minions that stick, even against his weapon.

Ragnaros is quite beatable by all 4 classes, but if you don’t understand how to approach the fight you will lose.

2 Likes

Got my Priest win last night, so I have completed it with all classes. Final battle with Rags was 2x the boombot passive and the double DR passive. So I start the last battle with 6 boombots. I had built a weird thief priest deck , so I copied his cards and had him dead on turn 5. You really have to beat him before his HP changes.

Play Hagatha for easy faceroll of the Tavern Brawl. Her starting deck has the treasure for reducing your hero power by 1 and allowing you to use it twice a turn. So you have a 1 mana evolve a minion by 1 hero power that you can use twice a turn. Just trade and evolve your way to victory.

Ive won with everyone accept Lazul. She has such a crappy draw from the gitgo. Im not quitting, just… grrrr.