Why is Elise a druid?

I mean, Druid characters are usually “in tune with nature” and whatnot, while she’s obviously a scientist/academic type. If anything I’d say she’d be mage, maybe? Just seems like a very odd choice for a druid hero.

1 Like

I’m just glad she’s not ANOTHER SHAMAN HERO omg can we getore mages, warriors and hunters please haha IDC about needs I want more options for skins. Fortnite is killing it in the skins game smh. I bet they made a million off skins ALONE

2 Likes

Just got around to seeing the trailer for the upcoming set…

Come on. She’s even got a blue glowy mage staff with a spellbook and everything. What part of this character says Druid? o.O

1 Like

They explained their reasoning. Basically, Elise did a lot of explorations and research on the flora and fauna of Un’goro back in the JtU era, which makes her closer to druid than any of the three other classes that were left available (in other words, classes that don’t have an E.V.I.L. representative).

She can’t be a paladin, that’s basically an order of knights. She can’t be a hunter, she doesn’t actually do any hunting and Brann fits the role really well. She can’t be a mage, she isn’t a spellcaster and has nothing to do with the arcane. Therefore, she’s a druid. :man_shrugging:

It’s not the most natural fit, but there it is. :smiley:

1 Like

She’s a balance Druid.

2 Likes

I would probably categorize the LOE like this

Elise: Mage
Reno: Rogue?
Brann: Paladin
Sir Finley: Druid?

Reno as a mage doesn’t make a ton of sense, I give you that.

I’m going to go WoW dork on you for a moment. NE shunned mages after the whole Burning Legion thing 10,000 years ago. Most mages became blood elves. A few NE mages remained in Dire Maul, but they were severely limited.

Bronze beard is obviously a Hunter. Since Blizz wanted to use the four non-E.V.I.L classes for the LoE team, it didn’t give them a lot of options. They could have made Finley the mage and Reno the Paladin. Paladins have displayed rashness and hubris in WoW before.

If I could have used any of the nine classes, I would have made Reno a warrior, Finley a shaman, and Elise a priest.

Why would NE shun mages? Warlocks and priests who dabbled in shadow sure?

And yeah the classes seemed to be chosen almost at random. Elise almost screams mage (despite the whole NE thing there are plenty of NE magic users in wow). Reno as a warrior seems obvious (the guy FLEXED in the trailer as he did van damme splits, causing an explosion!), but a paladin wouldn’t be a stretch either. Suddenly having the indiana jones clone casting mage spells though? Yipes. Finley as a druid would be a stretch, but just saying Paladin=Murloc has Uther rolling in his grave.

I thought it was already explained. The league of explorers are whatever the most recent relic they found is. Which is why reno is a mage becuase he found a wand gun.