Why I don't think the nerfs/buffs will matter that much

I have been thinking about the upcoming buffs and nerfs and I really don’t believe they will fix anything.
My reasoning is that all of the Quests are broken, not just some,
and if you nerf one another will simply take it’s place.
For instance; rumor has it that Demon Seed will be banned in Wild?
I predict that Quest Hunter will take it’s place.
Just as busted and almost as inevitable.
All of the Quests are overtuned and solo play for the most part.
Team 5 is putting a band aid over a bullet hole.

17 Likes

Hey, expect the best but prepare for the worst. Keep your chin up, man. :slight_smile:

I expect Quest Shaman to take place of Quest Warlock. You?

2 Likes

idk in Standard. I do think the only thing that will change is what players complain about.
I predict Quest hunter will take Wild over. It’s pure solo play.

2 Likes

Are they, though?

Quest Hunter is Tier 3-4 on both VS and HSR.

Quest Rogue is playable, but not amazing.

Quest Mage is right there with it, but worse.

Quest Druid is flat-out bad in a meta where anyone runs taunts at all.

Quest Priest is entirely too slow, and not just against fellow Quest decks, but aggression in general.

Quest DH is pretty good, but extremely convoluted to play to the point that most of ladder running it is Tier 3-4…

Quest Warrior is bad enough that it’s basically been abandoned…

Shaman and Warlock are the only Quest decks that are actually very strong right now.

4 Likes

Notice they’re all quest decks, though.

Well yes, all Quest decks are indeed Quest decks lol

7 Likes

I guess I mean, they’re so powerful that the only top decks (aside from a few) are quest decks. And look at wild

1 Like

I think they are broken in the same way that players always complain about mage.
The opponent has little to no way to interact or prevent, or even delay what you are doing.
It’s solo play, and whomever completes first generally wins imo.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be so sure about that.

I lost my image-posting privileges, but here’s the VS breakdown of Diamond 4-1, a very competitive bracket with little to no jank, but folks going for optimal plays.

https://i.imgur.com/5RmIwkw.jpg

Tier 1 - 4 out of 6 decks do not run quests.
Tier 2 - 2 out of 3 decks do not run quests
Tier 3 - 5 out of 7 decks do not run quests
Tier 4 - finally 5 of our quests are found way down here

5 Likes

Do you know that if when you lose your image-posting abilities if you can ever get them again?

Eventually. It’s happened before with me.

2 Likes

I said a minor profanity once and lost my privileges, hehe.

3 Likes

Glad the penny has finally dropped and it is now accepted shaman is op and needs nerfs.

Well, I think a week after the changes go into effect players will be complaining about the same issues as before.
The only thing that will change is what classes they are complaining about.
I wish Team 5 had it in them to simply admit that they aren’t infallible, and the Quests were a mistake.
I’d do better wishing for a unicorn.

VS has been saying it’s broken for quite some time, with Mage and Warlock (mostly Warlock because it’s actually good) being the only counters to it.

Also, Blizz openly said they’re nerfing Shaman.

2 Likes

If this and reddit are all you view for your “Hearthstone player interaction” then yes, there is literally no version of Hearthstone ever, in any way, with any level of balance or design, that will avoid players making the same generic complaints but about different cards.

Either it’s curvestone, drawstone, generationstone, uninteractive, or whatever else, places like this forum have largely degenrated into toxic cesspools of negativity where many uneducate or outright bad players go to vent their emotions because they’re inacapable of grasping how the game actually functions. The “good old days” were different because everyone was wide-eyed, clueless and there weren’t metadata sites so there were FAR more people running bad lists and generally just not playing well. If you had HSR and VS during those days, you’d see way, WAY more popularity of actual good, streamlined lists and poeple complaining about just how uber broken everything is and how it’s all unbalanced.

The entire game could be reverted solely to classic and you would still see this same level of complaints. Expecting anything else is madness.

8 Likes

Probably, but in this case I don’t believe it will be unjustified.
The Quests are terrible and they don’t encourage play imo.
I have played less this expansion than ever before.
Team 5 seems to have chosen match play that workers taking a bathroom break
can complete before they flush.
God I hope Morhaime releases a competitor to this product.

It’s difficult to make predictions, especially about the future.
Why don’t give it a rest until they have been out for like 5 days?

(hides Mallen’s stash of pristine sea salt)

3 Likes

Yes, they just said it. Just in the last day or two.

Though think you’ll find I been saying it for a lot longer than that :wink:

bath salts
:crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face:

1 Like