Why doesn't Hearthstone come to consoles?

We’ve been asking for it for quite some time and even if we hadn’t, it really seems like it’d make Blizzard lots more money to do so.

So what’s been holding it back? Is it some technical hurdle? APM issue playing with controllers? UI design? Really curious as to what could be the reason.

Mean comeing from a guy who plays xbox one a lot and doesn’t have a pc anymore I can see the need for this but idk maybe. I know there is magic and gwent but idk. I can work considering the two I mentioned are on here.

Personally i think it would work great with the switch.

1 Like

Imagine playing HS with a controller. EleGiggle

1 Like

Blizzard response:
Do you guys not have phones?

2 Likes

We heard your cry’s for it and doubled it

1 Like

I’d say one of the main reasons Hearthstone has yet to come to console is that, first, Blizzard has little to no incentive of making it. Second, imagine any APM deck. There’s also the fact that you’d have to program many different states, drawing a card, playing the right card, and the like. But i’d say it’s mainly that it would take a lot of hassle, for almost no reward.

It’s not always about whether you don’t have a phone or not.

Hearthstone is still a big game, I have a phone but my phone can’t run Hearthstone even if I put it on an SD card.

I also have a laptop but Hearthstone constantly disconnects, freezes, and crashes whenever I do a simple thing like trying to look at my friend’s list.

Plus with Hearthstone on Console I’d be able to stream it with no problems. Plus Xbox One allows you to connect a mouse and keyboard to it. I really don’t see a major difference from those two. Even if it doesn’t come to PS4, as long as it came to Switch and Xbone I’d be happy.

Right :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

If you got the money to buy a console and games for it too, I’m absolutely sure you can spare a measly 400 to 500 bucks for a run of the mill pc for hearthstone, light-medium gaming and such.

Playing anything but racing games, action rpg and fifa/nba with controller is a horrible experience.

it wouldnt be the first card game on console

I’ve also seen it mentioned before about difficulty of game porting. However I know for PS4 and Xbox One that isnt a real issue anymore since they both switched from the PowerPC architecture to X86, which is the same as current PCs and Macs so the only change they would really need it to the controller interface.

There may be issues with Sony and Blizzard with publishing rights. In order to develop (at least) for Unity based games, there needs to be a registered Sony partnership for developers and publishers.

There may be an issues with property ownership/rights, generated income percentages, there’s probably a ton of little nuanced issues that could be roadblocks. Certain IP’s can be very intricate to incorporate.