Why do you even have paladin as a class anymore

Here have a legendary based on secrets… but we are going to HOF your card draw that would have actually worked with that legendary… Oh but we are going to let a mage drop out 2 minions pump them up and draw 5 cards at turn 2 and drop a giant turn 4 then clone him twice turn 5 haha. BGH 5 mana sorry to late.

WE know your hero power has been garbage forever thats why we keep trying to make it useful somehow… Nah lets have your legendary this expo swap it out randomly with another one, but it will be empowered… oh but only if you play a unique deck.

We know you are all about minions i mean what spells do you have to kill anything… but we are going to give hunters all the minion pumps and good mech cards… Hey did you want some class card that are so nitch over costed and can’t do anything… here ya go.

Just get rid of this stupid class already or give them some unique quality to make them compete… Magnetic should have been paly only.

1 Like

I don’t think scarlet webweaver or wild bloodstinger were that great for hunter to pick up. Firstly dinotamer brann is not even a beast so you cannot decrease his cost by 5. That and wild bloodstinger could pull out like a ysera and like savannah highmane is already 10/9 stats value but is a very slow card to reach its full affect. But also when you think that hunters best decks are like mech or secret related and this doesn’t play into those synergies.

Freaking hunter isnt going to be changing much for the next year till they find something to screw over mechs … they dont need new cards… this was a post about fixing paladins.

1 Like

Mechs are going to have a pretty hard time in the next set for reasons i don’t really care to explain. But so as far as secret paladin goes, getting an awesome 1 drop 2 drop and 3 drop that lets you draw more cards is perfect for secret paladin. If you can equality when mage drop big minions or mech make 1 really big minion well then you’re going to absolutely destroy these decks.

According to vs reports, mech paladin is still a low tier 2 deck. While it doesn’t win all across the board, it has its fair match ups. It’s held back because it’s very unfavored in certain matches, but then again it’s not like it’s a first time a deck/class is kept from top tier because it’s got a few bad match ups/weaknesses, but otherwise it’s not that bad.

As for hero power, it’s heavily meta dependent, much like… well, a lot of classes’ hero powers really. Not so much a class thing as it is a meta thing.

Finally on minions… well you gotta be specific on which pally minions you think are bad to have any meaningful discussion.

Oh my god it wasn’t good for 2 expansions calm the hell down.

Classes dabble in a lotta different stuff thats ok

Oh look paladins now going back to cruddy 1 drop minions with no card draw replacement… how nice and useless.

1 Like

I’m really actually not minding the paladin cards. I mean they are not amazingly fun cards but they are quite mana efficient. I think you are just letting the bias of hating wasps and bees and yeah… lets just say the arts making me not want to play it but its still not bad.

Because of Tirion Fordring. Who on the Earth would dare to delete that badass?

I would be nice to have more protection abilities for minions as paladins are supposed to be about that. Divine shield is very easily popped. Any buffs that we do have are easily silenced off and of course are card draw sucks after our situational draw card got HoFed away.

Ah reminiscent of indestructable and other creature protect shenanigans that happens in other card games. But yeah the mechanics in this game are very simple.

That and a class that is dependant on minions for most of its kit not having the tool to keep them alive in most of this meta.

The point that’s being made imo is that Paladin is being shoehorned into pretty much one archetype: minion flood. That’s where the majority of the cards Blizz releases that see play ends up.

I’m not saying there haven’t been other decks here and there recently (Shirvallah OTK, DK Uther OTK) but by and large that’s where it fits and that’s been the majority of the Paladin decks.

For the other archetypes, they throw it a couple of bones but not enough to actually make it competitively viable. In Rumble (which is around the time I quit) and afterwards they pushed Secrets and Heal Paladin iirc. With Heal they gave the class nothing to really build into that was powerful enough to justify it. With Secrets I confess I don’t have the knowledge to reply on it since I dislike Secrets in Paladin as a whole - the flavour is just off and the Secrets are just not that powerful imo, and the deck falls straight into the old minion flood archetype again, but I digress.

Then ofc the Dragon Paladin problem, where they released Cathedral Gargoyle, didn’t give any cards to support it for like a year, gave us a few support cards that were really bad and then just left it hanging with no late game support, no value game, just some handbuff and midrange tempo. Then they release Nozari which pushes for ultra late game. The cards are not very synergistic.

I know Blizz sees minion swarm as a Paladin archetype but it turns out that 3~4 years of playing minion swarm decks (or the odd janky combo decks) is not very fun. Paladin has always had healing as an archetype though, which is a late game focus because healing means nowt if you don’t have anything to build into. The devs fail consistently to support Paladin with control tools when a lot of its tools are also suitable for control.

I don’t even get this gripe with class identity either. Blizz have gone against class identity plenty of times when they felt like it. They released Hunter’s Pack, for instance, just this expansion, which generates three very specific cards, yet Hunter’s weakness is supposed to be card generation. If you want to stretch things a little bit you could argue that Springpaw is also card generation. I don’t know when they decided on this class identity shmuck but the DK Rexxar card was card generation as well, and very powerful at that. They claim Priest’s Strengths are Healing but everyone knows Druid and Warrior are much better at it than Priest are, and Druid doesn’t even have Healing nor Armour as their strengths. They cite Warlock weakness as healing but saw fit to print Spellstone with a massive heal. They claim Warrior’s weakness is card draw and card generation but print Dr Boom Mad Genius and Omega Assembly. And so on.

Check rogue …and stop crying.

Look dad, that retard above is following me around. Guess he want’s to be my number 1 fan also :(.

Going around saying stupid stuff like that…Do you kiss your mother with that attitude ?