Why do we blame Team 5?

“Team 5” gets blamed for everything in Hearthstone.

Where is Team 5? Who are Team 5? Why do we blame Team 5?

What happened to Teams 1 to 4? Is there a Team 6?

Why aren’t we blaming Activision? Do we have to blame Team 5 for Warcraft Reforged too, or can we look to Activision?

Is the 5 a mark out of ten?

1 Like

Team 5 (also known as Blizzard Team 5) is the Blizzard Entertainment development team responsible for Hearthstone. Beginning as a “small and nimble” team of 15 members for much of the game’s original development, the team has since grown to more than 70 members. Created specifically in order to develop Hearthstone, Team 5 is responsible for all ongoing game design.

https://hearthstone.fandom.com/wiki/Team_5

2 Likes

the other team don’t work with hearthstone. i think team 4 is overwatch. not sure what other team. probably related to like starcraft, warcraft, diablo, wow…etc

Quick Google-fu;

Team 1: Original team, worked on Starcraft II. Worked on Warcraft: RefundedReforged. Worked on Diablo II remake (taken over by Team 3). Dismantled.
Team 2: Works on World of Warcraft
Team 3: Worked on Diablo 3, split, working on Diablo 4, working on Diablo 2 remake with Vicarious Visions.
Team 4: Works on Overwatch
Team 5: Works on Hearthstone

2 Likes

Thanks. Diablo Regurgitated is going to be a disaster, isn’t it?

1 Like

Surprisingly, no. I played the Beta, it looks good. It’s classic D2 with just a decent facelift. You can even switch between old and new graphics on the fly, to see how things looked back in 2000.

Because it’s easier to blame someone else for your own mistakes instead of taking responsibility for your decisions. But hey, if you keep pointing fingers at others, you’ll never grow.

Yeah let me know when I get a card printer like Iskar to just print whatever broken decks or archetypes I want to feed on. That’ll feel relevant.

1 Like

no, it’s because they are the team that works on hearthstone. it’s like you won’t blame Bathesda for Blizzard’s stuff upright?

I’d blame Activision.

I prefer not to play the blaming game because I believe you lose no matter what the result. Best way to win the blaming game is to not play it.