Why are the Zayle decks so bad?

I recently tried out the decks of zayle shadow cloak and I absolutely dont get the idea of this card when he gives you those super sh*tty decks. seriously I had stronger decks in the arena and even when I started HS in 2014 my first decks with chillwind yeti were nearly as good as this garbage. every semi finished budget deck will perform better…

It would be cool if Zayle was a real card. My idea is: you still get a pre constructed deck, but it as also Zayle in it.
Like galakrond, every deck would have his own version of Zayle, that comes with a powerful effect (like: discover a treasure from adventure, or do some cool stuff that no other card can do).

But this is just a lazy design in my opinion: you play decks that everyone who played during the dalaran expansion can easily build (maybe you are missing 1-2 legendaries, but you can include better cards from future expansions as well).

I don’t think they will ever change it, because when you bought the adventure you knew Zayle’s effect; so it’s bad to change something that some people may enjoy, even if i feel like a unique effect (like i wrote at the beginning) would make it funnier and also “playable” (not tier 1-2-3-4, but… better than a whizbang deck maybe?)

note: with playable i mean “you have a reason to play it”. When you play whizbang you want to try some decks or to have fun with random classes when a new expansion comes out (when it was in standard, at least). Zayle feels always old, unlike whizbang that was always fresh (for one week every 4 months at least :joy:)

Bring back Whizbang!

2 Likes

The Shaman deck still works decently (compared to Whizbang decks).

But yeah, the rest’s horrible: the Rogue deck actually used to be better than Whizbang Rogue but the updated version lost nearly everything that made it decent and now it’s just an empty husk, the Bomb Warrior deck has never worked because it’s too easily pressured preventing it from having the liberty to spend mana to shuffle in Bombs, the Self-Silence Priest has also never worked because it’s built like a tempo deck but it completely fails in mounting an offense, and the Warlock deck has the same problem as Rogue (lost nearly everything that made it usable and now it’s just an empty husk, though it wasn’t as good as Rogue in the first place) and it also hard-countered by this format.

1 Like