Why are the league of explorers deck so attrociously bad?

Compared to the league of E.V.I.L. , the explorer’s decks are absolute Trash. They have so much garbage in them…i even got defeated by doctor boom on normal for pity’s sake.

Insert i’m bad yada yada…

3 Likes

How??? :eye: :eye: :eye:

3 Likes

Believe it or not, but for everything i played, he had an answer…

1 Like

RNG. Just do it again.

3 Likes

yeah i got defeated by high cultist whatever 3 times in a row. how am i expected to do this when YOUR OWN hero power works AGAINST you??? buffing the enemy minions all the damn time…

you can’t swarm the board cuz dragons are high-cost and the enemy kills all minions you play.

even the few minions you can put out there just serve as fodder to buff the enemy.

i haven’t seen a more USELESS deck…

IN CASE YOU DIDN’T REALIZE BLIZZ: HERO POWERS SERVE TO BUFF YOU!! NOT THE ENEMY!!

Clear the board first.

2 Likes

Haven’t lost a single game in the adv story mode. I don’t think their deck are bad, not especially good but looks easy to win most the time.

1 Like

Did you beat Dragonslayer?

If so please share a hsreplay link.

Because so far thats the end of therun for me. Impossible to beat with an EXTREMELY LAME buff paladin

2 Likes

Have you tried not conceding when things look bad, and just playing it out? Trust me, it’s practically impossible to lose that battle. Even if he plays that Spell that deals you 25 face damage, don’t give up: even then you can still make a comeback.

2 Likes

Yea i was restarting after seeing 4 8-8 on turn 5

Apperantly that was “supposed to happen”

Hmmm I can try. I hardly play on PC, I not sure if hsreplay record adventure run.

I made sure I used the hero power as much as possible. Also some luck as I drew the 1 mana 1/1 taunt, divine shield, plus the lifesteal paladin dragon and I buffed them, which also buffed the copies of me. I kept him minionless in the early game. By the time he got me down to 5 health, my lifesteal guy has been buffed well, which means my copies are also buffed well. Then I got the Extra Arms. When I cast it on the lifesteal dragon, its twinspell made it generate copies equal to the number of clones I had, allowing me to buff stuff even more.

I always cast spells on a non-copy minion.

I agree, they are uphill battles from just bad cards.

They aren’t difficult because of difficulty they are difficult because all you do is counter what is played against you until you have worn them down to then attack.

You can’t attack from round 1 as you don’t have the cards.

Saying that - having played chapter 3 both the EVIL skyboat rounds are atrocious, the first you are versus auto attack and you have a - very bad - mix and the dragons is just insane.

They have been OK - while a little too easy - up until now, I am not sure if I will bother with the dragon round it is the expected HS overpowered boss rubbish.

Yeah, the Boat vs Boat battle is a huge difference. On the EVIL side I lost more than half my life before I was finally able to stabilize and slowly work to turn the game around (in the end I had 8 life with 4 Bombs in my deck), while on the Explorers side I didn’t even lose a single point of health.

I didn’t have any problem vs the Dragons though. Knowing the game won’t last longer than 10 turns means you can just barf out your hand on the field and sacrifice as much as you’d like, because by the time that strategy would leave you without cards the 10 turns are over already. Didn’t even lose a single point of health because of that “strategy”.

1 Like

I noticed this as well, but I honestly chalked it up to the fact that the evil classes have naturally stronger cards and synergy than the League in all respects this expansion and it’s clear that it bled over in to the adventures as well

It’s a shame that the Dragons battle didn’t last longer to be honest. The auto-attacks are far more interesting than in Kharazhan. I would’ve enjoyed having to actually plan my turns and position my minions.

the F’ing skyboat is just plain impossible. i’ve been trying it and it just seems impossible. you just can’t get enough on the board in time. and the pirates are just there to make you lose…

I did it, but it is simply down to the AI drawing bad cards.

Good cards - you’ll be dead with 4-6 rounds every time.

Nothing to do with skill, thought or strategy, just total random luck of who draws what cards in 10 rounds.

It is possible, just very annoying.

Both are about controlling the minion spam, which is easier with good.

If you can’t stop the board being filled by about round 3 then you are will likely lose, you can tell straight away if you are going to win by the card plays.

Evil you don’t get the autoattacks and just crappy pirates.

The skyboats and the dragons are simply about what cards you draw, keep playing and you have to win eventually but it is a very bad, lazy and predictably HS game mechanic.

On normal? The big one with Chromie?
I did, first go.