2x (3) Alliance Bannerman

2x (5) Aldor Truthseeker

2x (5) Libram of Justice

1x (5) Taelan Fordring

1x (6) Cornelius Roame

1x (7) Libram of Judgment

1x (7) Mutanus the Devourer

2x (9) Libram of Hope

AAECAZ8FBpXNA/3jA6bvA7T2A9j5A6iKBAzKuAP9uAPquQPruQPsuQPKwQOezQPM6wPw9gOL+AOV+QPJoAQA

To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

this is the updated version

You don’t have a cohesive game plan. It feels like you are half into Quest and half into some kind of Control Libram.

You don’t run broom, flinger, and Lothraxion to capitalize on the Questline.

You don’t run Liadrin and a more midrange curve to capitalize on the Librams.

6 Likes

First thing that’s wrong is you only have 10 total 1-drops to draw in your deck. While 4 of them generate more, you don’t have a good shot at getting the Questline past stage 1 in a reasonable amount of time. The Libram of Wisdom are more likely to be either 2 or 0 mana than they are being 1 mana, so you can’t rely on them for the Questline.

Mutanus is way too slow for either of your gameplans and Cornelius is probably also something you don’t want to wait for. Libram of Judgment as a 2-of risks being a dead draw early on, especially if you haven’t gotten discounts going.

Pandaren Importer looks out of place and the deck would likely be improved by replacing it with any 1-drop.

While Libram of Justice + City Tax is a cute combo, it’s 7 mana unless you get the discounts rolling. This makes it a lot less relevant in the matchups where it would be useful.

Alliance Bannerman feels like it will just read “Draw a minion and give it +1/+1” a lot of the time. I’m not entirely convinced that is something the deck needs.

i’m currently at a 5-1 on record which is 83%
in silver

though if i have deck tracker on for all of it, im sure it would be about 61-66%
in silver

i do have games where the wisdom is at 1 and i get 1 or 2 1 drop uses out of it
in silver

mutanus is slow, but great way to corrupt, also funny when it eats quest rewards
in silver

importer is out of place, but has helped
in silver

justice+tax is cute

bannerman is great with first day, also drawing into draw for deck thinning is good
in silver

ive been thinking of cutting a judgement, but im still unsure
in silver

It’s something I don’t see work even in Gold. Most people at that rank are just too aware of needing to play the reward before it gets negated by hand disruption.

If you don’t have other hand buffs, if combined with First Day it’s decent at best. While draw is nice, consider what you’re drawing into, why and how that synergizes with your deck’s overall plan.

Guys, would Battlegrounds Battlemaster be worth putting in this deck? That could be his OTK. Fill the rest of the deck with one-drops.

There’s no Conviction and his biggest minion is Mutanus (and Cariel after completing the Questline). BG BM is going to be bigger than everything else in the deck, which is a major point against using it.

Yeah, but even two 3/3s with Battlegrounds Battlemaster is a good 12 damage. Could be more if it’s aligned with his quest reward or that minion that buffs recruits. I’ve tried this deck before in its refined form and found it wasn’t very good. I’m trying to think outside the box a little.

Perhaps, also, add Conviction?

I’ve had good success with this

https://youtu.be/_jUuGrCUlO8
2 Likes

Here’s that deck list FYI;

AAECAZ8FCPy4A4TBA5PQA/voA5HsA7T2A4v4A6iKBAvKuAP9uAPquQPruQPsuQPKwQOezQOfzQPM6wPw9gOV+QMA

oh wow someone already thought of it, thats good to see

i made a few changes based on that persons deck

and others suggestions

Yep, my first attempt at a paladin quest deck was a quest/libram hybrid like this (cause I like librams so much). After I got beat, I realized the deck had no focus, and revised the deck to scrap the librams, concentrated on having cards that pumped my recruits, and had much more success with it.

1 Like

Good luck, have fun.

https://hsreplay.net/replay/xyyAsb7Mp8fSNQzswEuPJi

thats the best game ive had in awhile, fun and interactive, i love this deck, by the way liadrin is too slow for me, my loss i guess

1 Like

which means absolutely nothing.

1000 games is a very little sample size… you have 6 games played, in silver on top of that.

ive been playing around with murgur, and i think it may be too slow

the first post has the updated deck now

1 Like

Bruh…
20charswtfisthis

she feels too slow, sorry

For some reason, you took good cards and put them all together to make a deck.
That strategy worked like a charm in 2014, but today, the powerlevel of the decks have skyrocketed, so it’s not enough anymore.

Let’s analyse the meta a bit :

• Quest Warlock
  • Quest Mage
  • Garotte Rogue
  • Face hunter
  • Some druid shenanigans
  • Quest Shaman
  • Aggro priest
  • Aggro shaman
  • Weapon Rogue a bit

Those are, overall, the good and very good decks.

For obvious reasons (I hope) your deck is slow, so don’t even try to win against quest decks or garrote rogue that are designed to kill you very fast.

Plus, some decks are made to put threats very early and you don’t have efficient ways to deal with that (Barov could help)

Your deck will rely on taking the board early and apply pressure, but you always start “passing” your first turn, so aggro decks will just have the advantage on you.

So to sum it up : your deck is too slow to compete against aggro decks, and not efficient enough to kill combo decks. Plus you’re trying to do too much things, so you’ll have trouble having stable starts.

Furthur analysis is made in a competitive way. Now, if all you want is having fun, then just play the cards you like. Just try to keep in head that popular decks won’t have trouble beating your deck, which pretty much ruiin your fun one way or another.

If you’re using librams (spells) with the quest, something jank like pen flinger could be highly worth considering with your homebrew. Its a potential one drop + minion tick and damage for each libram and could alleviate some lower 1 drop issues with the deck while bouncing to hand. At least worth a look.

From what I’ve seen from the 2-3 some diamond 3 pally quest decks i saw people play on the grind. The 3 mana summon 3-5 recruits can be very powerful with quest to summon 5-7x copies right after quest.

It gets corrupted by the quest reward and would probably trigger with your heavier cards too if you like the deck and there’s no shame in playing what you find fun if you’re willing to push later or see where it can get ya. This meta can be bad for off meta tho.

The 5 mana 5/5 that gives recruits divine shield for the rest of the game is very sticky too. And makes the 3/3 divine shield decent pressure.

1 Like