What madman designed the crazy logic of Immune bypassing Taunts?

hey OP would like to be on the opposing end of a match when your opponent has an immune taunt minion. by your insistence that the taunt should still be in effect at the same with immune, would be happy and not complain that none of your minions or your hero with weapon can no longer attack anything at all? have you ever thought how broken that is in which you kill a taunt minion first but it is immune (cannot target) and still a priority target cause it is taunt? have you actually thought in that case that you’re actually locked from attack at all and only by AoE you a chance of removing that taunt immune minion with the understanding of how it should work.

But Immune keyword for minions work differently of Immune status for heroes.

I am confuse … maybe is that new content? I can’t see problems in to existe a Immune and Taunt minion …

Can be Immune minions be targeted by other minions effects?

I just really know about the “copy effects” from the other minions like Prince Taldaram, I am not sure if silence effects minions don’t work too.

Edited: I guess I was dreaming … I probably mixed some solo adventure with the real game. Probably the Boomsday Project Solo Adventure.

Did they create a new Immune keyword in this next expansion? Because Immune keyword already exists and the current one, doesn’t work in this manner.

Edited: I guess I was dreaming … I probably mixed some solo adventure with the real game.

Unless the devs did not want this to happen, it’s not a bug, instead its just not documented.

is just another case of someone wanting a mechanic to work the same on HS as on some other game he played

What even exists in the game that makes Minion Immune on your opponents turn? The argument is moot because all the Immune effects only last for your turn. Also not a bug unless Blizzard says it was unintended and wasn’t supposed to work that way similar to how Stealth nullifies taunt Immune probably was intended to work in a similar way. Now if it removes the taunt forever and you don’t get it back when Immune falls off then that can be classified as a bug.

Was my first thought.
But apparently, any taunt mech summoned during opponent turn while having spirit of the rhino and dr boom mad genius.
Most consistent one being Safeguard, but others are possible.

Not exactly a likely scenario, but it’s perfectly possible. Kinda like double casting Shadow madness, where the way it works makes sense from a mechanic point of view but entirely counter-intuitive.

If you watch some of Hysteria’s videos, you will see that Blizz don’t exactly put a lot of thought into seldom occurring events nor care much about them, long as it doesn’t crash the game.

The logic is that no player or minion is dumb enough to attack anything that’s immune no matter how much it’s taunting said player or minion so they shouldn’t bother. And that’s how it’s coded.

1 Like

I would attack my acolyte of pain into a 1 atk immune minion any day.

Immune minions losing taunt is kinda unintuitive I must agree. By what the word immune in general language tend to mean.

Well, I kind of agree. In a Solo Adventure this would kind of mess up some stuff. In standard in wild, I agree.

Good god you’re obnoxious.

One thing I somewhat can’t understand is, why “immune” minions can be destroyed.

I guess because it’s not “Impervious”…

Also Immune heroes can be destroyed;

I’ll just quote Kratos: “The boasting of a God. There’s always a way”.

Could they change how immune works? Sure. Should they? Probably not. Currently the only ways to give immune to a minion are: Bestial Wrath, Stablemaster, Spirit of the Rhino, and Darkspeaker. Notice how all these effects are single turn effects (and all are pretty mediocre cards). These cards would be better, but not broken, if they reworked how immune interacted with taunt. However there is one exception. Super Simian Sphere (the solo adventure treasure) summons a permanently immune minion. If this would be given taunt the game would likely be over (assuming the rework). Now this wouldn’t be too bad. After all the treasures are supposed to be huge over-the-top effects that can change the course of a game (and it’s difficult to give the Mukla taunt). However by reworking taunt it limits design space for any new immune-based cards.

TL;DR:
Reworking immune wouldn’t really do anything but it hurts the chances of interesting new immune minions.

Good God, your posts are irrelevant and useless…
Go practice your inept trolling somewhere else, kid… name checks out… XD