What is the point of playing

If my opponent has Sire in hand and im fighting for board , whatever ive done in the first 9 turns is basically negated in one single turn.

At least with cards like Twisting Nether or Whirlpool you have cleared the entire board leaving it fresh.

Sire clears board, damages face, heals (most of the time to full) and leaves a 10 / 10 with lifesteal body behind.

If you arent already dead from his opening b.s you are probably now wasting resources to remove him while your opponent (if they havent already conceded) has no chance

Oh, and if they are druid, they have 10 more mana to spend just for more ridiculous bs.

See you guys in 2 years when him and Theo rotate

22 Likes

That’s my major issue with the card.

It creates an otk by simply playing hearthstone. Building a board and trying to damage your opponent fuels their win con.

That’s absolutely dumb.

The person who thought that was cool should get fired…or maybe they already did.

It doesn’t matter what they nerf or buff, the entire meta is going to suck until rotation based on what they have decided to introduce in this expansion. I can’t see a world where there are radical remakes of so many neutral and class cards as to fix what is actually broken.

Maybe in a couple years it will get sorted, but I won’t hold my breath.

17 Likes

They didn’t get fired. Probably one of those employees that left the company probably from embarrassment.

I would lay odds iskar was canned. Whatever he walked away with his dignity, he was dumped.

5 Likes

People hated quests because they made them too easy to complete. All you had to do was play hearthstone, get your quest reward and win.

Well now they made a 10 drop that is just a game ender by being in your hand and you just playing hearthstone.

Is it messed up that you can make smart trades all game only to lose to Denathrius? Yeah, I would agree with that.

…but Hearthstone is a game more akin to War than say Chess, so it really doesn’t matter if you have games where people happen to luck into Denathrius in starting hand and just win off of it.

Plus we have Theotar, and Mutanus in this meta which make it sort of a liability potentially to have Daddy D in your hand for a long time.

1 Like

except the mini set has a card that makes it infuse when not in your hand.

They doubled down on stupid, which good for them I guess, but I noped right out over it.

6 Likes

having fun…thats why most people play videogames

2 Likes

It’s not just 1 card that is the problem. The entire expansion is a catastrophe

5 Likes

What is the point of playing

Cuz it’s fun to make new decks to use and ̶d̶o̶m̶i̶n̶a̶t̶e̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶v̶i̶c̶t̶i̶m̶s̶ ̶b̶e̶f̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶i̶ ̶s̶e̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶m̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶h̶a̶d̶o̶w̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶l̶m̶ have fun trying them out.

4 Likes

Yea i reached D5 and now i can stop playing my try hard decks and play the classes i dont have 1k wins with.

Just sucks how the most optimal DH (only 200 wins) deck is also hated :confused:

1 Like

Bingo. You don’t resign from a job you just got. He just got promoted a few months ago to that position. My guess is, the numbers look really bad and he took the fall for it. Whether it was his fault or not

2 Likes

He was either fired or read the writing on the wall before the axe was dropped, but, like you wrote, you don’t walk away from a job you just got promoted to.

He cryptically said he had two more weeks off in a tweet, so I assume he has another opportunity lined up.

The other option, which may be the truth of it, is that once he got the new job he realized he hated it and didn’t want all the crap that comes with it. Maybe he just wanted to slide back down to a role similar to his old one.

6 Likes

Fun, And if you aren’t fun, find a abother gamethat suits you. :slight_smile: rI suggest the game below…

1 Like

I didn’t like that one. I hate the graphics and the gameplay sucks.

1 Like

This game is at a creative low point.

4 Likes

I rolled my eyes seeing the latest cards for the miniset that druid can abuse. Like the attendant who infuses all cards in deck

That + otters or scale. = super mega fun times for a druids opponent

I am probably the only one in this forum who likes a lot the keyword infuse.

It makes board decks more interesting; denatrious on its own is a good wincondition for board based decks.

Forget druid and any 20 mana non sense: even raid boss onyxia seems broken in druid.
In every other class denatrious doesn’t seem problematic to me.
If i lose against a turn 10-15 denatrious it means the opponent played with a dead card in hand for most of the time.
What upsets me is when I lose against an aggro deck on turn 5 because no matter what I did, my hand had no way of dealing with their opening. Denatrious still lets you play the game

6 Likes

Except most times, Daddy D (see above) is a swing turn that most decks cant recover from

This game is doomed. There is no crawling out of the hole they are digging.
Pretty soon games are gonna’ be turn 1 garbage.

1 Like

I think part of the issue with the D is almost everyone has one.
Its a race to see who gets the D first.
But if your Ds not big enough to finish your opponent they might D you back even harder.

Just sitting there watching your D grow with pride, and bam, its gone. Stolen. Noooooo. Nightmare Scenerio for sure.

Give credit to whoever named the card.

3 Likes