What happens when Wild Quest Mage mixes with Turtle Mage?

You get an Educated Elekk that “remembers” Time Warp into their deck, then a slew of 1/1 turtles proceed to chain that Time Warp for infinite turns in a row.

Oh yeah, Ice Block exists. That Aggro weakness doesn’t work when your board is infinitely frozen past turn 8.

Let’s see how people defend Mage today.

2 Likes

Why are people still looking for any balance on a mode called “WILD”,
" Insanity Is Doing the Same Thing Over and Over Again and Expecting Different Results!".

3 Likes

Standard hasn’t been any more balanced than Wild has on its average day.

Pot calling Kettle Black.

1 Like

That means you can only use Potion and Ice Block (and Quest ofc) as unique spells in the deck to guarantee the turtle. So how exactly are you freezing the board?

I am really curious how that deck is built. Do you have a link to a YT videoclip?

1 Like

It was a LPG Reno variant, but with Elekk and a few other spell generating cards to complete the quest. Four or so spells in the deck: Quest, Pocket, Nova, and Potion. Quest is drawn on the first turn, leaving three left. Time Warp is only played once one of the other cards is drawn and no longer needed (ideally LPG, since it only needs to be played once). Sapience tutors draw. Usual Highlander package stalls, but with secret and hand count synergy as removal and offensive.

The quest wasn’t really the main issue funny enough, but the fact that he was able to chain his plays for a pseudo infinite loop was pretty absurd (each 1/1 turtle played meant he had that many more consecutive turns he until potion refilled the hand and cycled it all over). I’m seeing a lot more Turtle Mages in Legend, and it does not surprise me.

1 Like

I guess you dont need to freeze a board with infinite ice blocks? interesting.

1 Like

Sounds extremely inconsistent. I can imagine playing against it leads to very frustrating loses when everything aligns and MIB flashy thingy level of forgetful wins when it doesn’t draw right.

2 Likes

Lol. Marcos, Defender of Quest Mage returns.

Just another example of why Time Warp needs to be addressed, permanently.

2 Likes

Defending!?!? I need more information to assess, hence why I requested a YT clip. I never heard of it, and it hasn’t been mentioned in Get Meoth’s State of Wild podcast.

BTW, would you care to remind me what your original nerf recommendation was for Quest Mage back in March? And are you still recommending that, or are you recommending something else?

1 Like

I am recommending QM gets the Warlock “combo” treatment (Naga, Snip, Pain) and be nerfed to oblivion.

How can you defend QM, while wanting ban lists instead of nerfs for Darkglare?

Time Warp is only going to cause problems going forward in wild. It needs to go.

The option to play it should remain, but it should be at the same level of the 3 warlock decks I mentioned - meme tier.

1 Like

I don’t understand.

Can you be more specific on those nerfs?

Do you also have a deck list for the deck in the OP? Just asking because you seem to have a very strong opinion on it, so I trust you it’s based on a large amount of information for it.

You supported not just nerfing, but removing the option for Painlock to exist while supporting the existence of QM at a minimally reduced power level.

Hypocrite.

QM is just as problematic as any of the nerfed warlock decks relying on a similar strat.

I dunno man, this sounds wrong for me, like I do remember to see pain warlocks at high winrates, they also summon their minions much faster than QM, so how can you compare those two decks?

1 Like

Both desks revolve around huge stats early. One is annihilated by berfs, while the other gets a slap on the wrist.it

3 warlock decks were nerfed to oblivion for what QM got a minor tap for doing.

The funny thing is Marcis, despite his claims, supports the annihilation of warlock decks, that do the same thing QM does, while supporting QMs right to exist.

I do get that they have a similar strategy, but I think it’s a relatable stance to see some decks as more problematic, especially since pain was really faster and snip had a second plan.

1 Like

Its not just pain. Marcos defends QM, while supporting complete removal if its counters. He is hypocritical.

Guess I’m not active/long enough on this board to be able to comment on single users :confused:

1 Like

Pretty much. Obvious biases are obvious, if you’ve been here a while.

Go back through the thread and read my posts.

I am just asking for a deck list, a video, a link, etc. for the deck before making up my mind. Because I haven’t played against it or seen it listed by Get Meoth, Zeddy, Tempostorm, etc.

I can just say that I never faced the deck he’s talking about. For me it sounds like inconsistent theorycraft. For me it’s like saying “Imagine if an inner fire priest would work.” Just can say that turtle mage in wild can be annoying because they use to use ice block every single turn.

1 Like