What happened to C'thun?

So I was making a run last night and arrived at Vesh, Plague Lord of Murlocs.
I was in the second phase of the fight (200-100) and my deck and Vesh deck were both empty I had built a “Old God” deck and had on the board an Augmented Elekk with C’thun having already died so I played Doomcaller expecting to receive 2 C’thun and the Battlecry did not occur. Not only did I not receive two I did not receive one. I did not play this on my PC I played it on a tablet that does not have a tracking app to link the match.

Then lets ask the obvious question, how was he killed…

• If C’Thun is transformed (polymorph, hex, etc) he did not die and therefore Doomcaller cannot return him to the deck.
  • If C’Thun is discarded from your hand he did not die and therefore Doomcaller cannot return him to the deck.
  • If C’Thun is discarded from your deck he did not die and therefore Doomcaller cannot return him to the deck.
  • If C’Thun is moved from your field to your opponent’s (mind control, Entomed and then played, etc) and dies, he was not YOURS when he died and therefore YOUR Doomcaller cannot returned him to YOUR deck.

None of the above are bugs.

3 Likes

So no, none of those are parameters. Great thoughts and knowledge. I think the only odd possible hick up that I forgot was that I did not “play” the card it was summoned from my deck via a Battlecry. It was however on my side of the board and was my card to start with. So It was in my deck to start the game and was not a “discover” minion of any kind.

If “the card” you mention here is C’Thun, it should not matter. For Doomcaller to work, the only thing that matters is that a C’Thun has died (actually died, not returned to hand or deck) on your side of the board (while in C’Thun shape, so not polymorphed or so). You say that this was the case.

However, if “the card” you mentionwas the Doomcaller itself, then it makes sense. A battlecry only triggers when a card is played from hand (you can see this when you hover your mouse over any card that includes the bold printed word Battlecry). So if it was Doomcaller that was summoned through another battlecry, then the battlecry of Doomcaller would not have triggered.

1 Like

thank you for the insight, I am no pro and I do appreciate. I do know however that everything played the way it should have so I believe this is a bug.