What do i need to make THIS deck work better?

I am missing weapon removal, silence, and card draw… BUT it has Phaoris… So what do I remove, because it will likely be spells… I think I aset it up to be highlander/quest deck…

Custom Mage2

Class: Mage

Format: Standard

Year of the Dragon

1x (1) Arcane Missiles

1x (1) Magic Trick

1x (1) Raid the Sky Temple

1x (1) Ray of Frost

1x (1) Tome of Intellect

1x (2) Ancient Mysteries

1x (2) Arcane Flakmage

1x (2) Frostbolt

1x (2) Khadgar

1x (2) Mana Cyclone

1x (2) Zephrys the Great

1x (3) Arcane Intellect

1x (3) Conjurer’s Calling

1x (3) Counterspell

1x (3) Dune Sculptor

1x (3) Flame Ward

1x (3) Vulpera Scoundrel

1x (4) Arcane Keysmith

1x (4) Fireball

1x (4) Polymorph

1x (4) Vex Crow

1x (5) Cloud Prince

1x (5) Zilliax

1x (6) Blizzard

1x (6) Reno the Relicologist

1x (7) Flamestrike

1x (8) Power of Creation

1x (10) Kalecgos

1x (10) King Phaoris

1x (10) Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron

AAECAf0EHk1xuwLJA6sEtASWBewHvuwCwvMCoIADg5YDppgDlpoDn5sDoJsD4psD/50Dip4D2KADpaEDwqED/KMDkqQDvqQDv6QDuaUDiKkD3akD9KsDAAA=

To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Your missing pilgrim

sadly only have 90 dust, and so far that card when i got it from generating only hurt me… any other ideas? I do have puzzle box, but that one is just fun

You aim for double use of blizzard and flame strike but I’d drop the secret creatures you will lack consistency

Maybe add a doomsayer
Or mountain giant or siamet

I did not even realize I had those… so ancient mysteries , and arcane keysmith are gone… suggestions for replacements?

I meant cloud prince and the flak mage the 2 cast search is good with quest

clearly I had more than I thought… put mysteries back, dumped the others… just trying to build my own deck… ya know one that doesn’t totally suck … :stuck_out_tongue:

Without changing the deck too much, I think adding Sorcerer’s Apprentice would be good for early tempo + having all the cheap spells with Vex crow. On the top end Siamat would be a nice addition. Not sure what Conjurer’s calling does for the deck but I guess it’s just general value. You can add the Tortolan as well for ealy box/additional board clears.

ok, i dont have siamet i can add apprentice, and vex crow, but what do i remove? calling is in there simply as a spell… if i got nothing else to remove, or build, then i can cast it… tho never very effective casting on opponents cards. might kill a big guy, but they get 2 in it’s place… so calling can probably go… i can make these changes, but what can I remove? Also , with phaoris, I want at least 3 spells in my hand at all times… so what can
I do? this is slightly changed up version i think, as well if calling goes, I think Khadgar should too…

Custom Mage2

Class: Mage

Format: Standard

Year of the Dragon

1x (1) Arcane Missiles

1x (1) Magic Trick

1x (1) Raid the Sky Temple

1x (1) Ray of Frost

1x (1) Tome of Intellect

1x (2) Acidic Swamp Ooze

1x (2) Ancient Mysteries

1x (2) Doomsayer

1x (2) Frostbolt

1x (2) Khadgar

1x (2) Mana Cyclone

1x (2) Zephrys the Great

1x (3) Arcane Intellect

1x (3) Conjurer’s Calling

1x (3) Counterspell

1x (3) Dune Sculptor

1x (3) Flame Ward

1x (3) Vulpera Scoundrel

1x (4) Fireball

1x (4) Polymorph

1x (4) Vex Crow

1x (5) Zilliax

1x (6) Blizzard

1x (6) Reno the Relicologist

1x (7) Flamestrike

1x (8) Power of Creation

1x (10) Kalecgos

1x (10) King Phaoris

1x (10) Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron

1x (12) Mountain Giant

AAECAf0EHk1xigG7AskDqwS0BJYFigfhB+wHwvMCoIADg5YDppgDlpoDn5sDoJsD4psD/50Dip4D2KADpaEDwqED/KMDkqQDv6QDuaUDiKkD9KsDAAA=

To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

You can try it out and check for consistency. I don’t think your gonna be hitting Giant Conjurer’s combo often enough in a Reno deck to warrant running it.

I would drop Giant, Conjurers, and Khadgar and focus on early game tempo with Sorcerers Apprentice in combination with Vex Crow and Dune Sculptor for some value. Maybe add in Arcane Keysmith and Cloud Prince for the midgame.

You can try experimenting without doomsayer and Polymorph and replacing it with another secret (Mirror Entity comes to mind and maybe Ice Barrier if you have room for another secret for consistency) and Arcane Flakmage too for even more early game tempo.

Also maybe Harrison would be better instead of Ooze if you have it.

I absolutely agree with harrison… he can be a great draw… I don’t mind dumping conjurues or khadgar… they work better in a giant or dragon type deck… my deck if I am going to utilize phaoris, i have to be consistent with spells… he has to be a last resort or turn the table card for me.

Yeah. With the build I’m suggesting is to run more of a secret package to see how that goes. Not sure if it’s strong enough but I’m currently running secret highlander Hunter so I’m curious to see what Mage secrets can do. Hmmm maybe you can add Secret Keeper too? Like Secret Keeper turn 1 into Ancient Mysteries, secret turn 2 then secret turn 3.

Can also go Secret Keeper into Arcane Flakmage into secret. You can run 4 secrets + Arcane Keysmith maybe that will make it consistent enough to work.