What counters dire frenzy hunter?

Even tho you play wild? Seems inconsistent.

I don’t see many paladins anymore. Odd or otherwise.

That’s an easy one.

Zoolock, Murloc Shammy, and Token Druid are all very annoying for Hunter.

Hunters can’t clear boards without something like Leokk + Unleash to get them out of trouble. Or hoping that you’re foolish enough to play into an obvious Explosive Trap.

2 Likes

According to hsreplay, the best counter deck is secret hunter. 65% winrate against beast hunter.

They really are - my objective is to play big beasts so I can smash your face with them. Forcing me to trade to avoid lethal kind of disrupts my entire program especially when you can immediately reload.

1 Like

Carpet Zoo dunks Hunter pretty hard. I think I’ve literally only lost one game this season to a MR Hunter. Couldn’t end before T10 and they got a really good Zul’jin off.

Just make sure you keep medium sized boards. Too small and you don’t finish quick enough. Too big and you play into Hounds. Outside of Hounds they just don’t have enough mass removal to deal with persistent nagging boards.

1 Like

hisses

Do I ever hate carpet munching zoolock.

3 Likes

Murloc shaman does indeed pose issues for beast hunter due to being such a fast deck at best, with decent re-flood options.

However, zoolock and token druid are - in their current iterations - right on the edge whether they’re quick enough to control the board against hunter. From my experience: they’re not.

Granted, zoolock can beat almost anyone with a good opener.

Rogue. It’s been kicking Beast MR Hunter since Rastakhan.

Take your pick. Hooktusk, Raiding Party, or Shark; they all beat it easy.

2 Likes

Unless you can make sure they have a full hand to burn them or hold onto a bunch of removals yourself for when they get drawn. Yeah it’s a toughie.