What counters dire frenzy hunter?

Control Warrior (barely) beats it.

I think Bomb Warrior can beat it too if the Hunter is unable to buff the Lifesteal Rush Beast (Viscious Scalehid).

It actually depends on what minion the Hunter uses Dire Frenzy and what Zul’jin does with it.

I think Rogue. Control Warrior can lose against too many frenzied beasts (Dire Wolf). Not sure if it still beat hunter though.

Waggle Pick Rogue might be good as they don’t run Weapon Tech.

1 Like

Fatigue Warrior. My winrate just seems to fluctuate against them (about 50%).

They don’t have taunts just race them down to face. Otherwise you need to play a long term control warrior/shaman style deck that can effectively remove all the copies later that hit the board.

I’m pretty sure Hunters prey on Warrior. The best advice I can give is maybe teching in a silence and possibly saving a warpath (you’d need to do it 3 times to remove rhinos.)

Hunter is aggressive and relies on its beasts, hero power and burst damage to take down its opponents. Its doubly important to armor up as much as you can.

To be fair, I’ve never played warrior so I’m sorry I can’t be of much help. Basically, you want to kill them fast because their mid game is sick, hence, midrange hunter. And if you’re already in fatigue, a good hunter is going to capitalize on that.

3 Likes

I normally have no issue handling beast hunters if i am playing Warrior unless they get a really good opening and i never can gain board back. Unfortunately if Warrior makes it to 7 and plays boom on curve it’s all but an auto loss for the hunter.

Mech hunter can be an issue though because of its ability to keep presenting boards that demand removal. Not to mention being mech works in their advantage.

I assumed we are talking beast hunter though which is easier to handle as warrior.

hes talking about the card or a deck is hard to tell

The deck as a whole.

Apparently Mech Paladin and Secret Hunter do rather well against it.

1 Like

I have good results with Control Warrior*. The rush package deals with their 5/5’s and the trick is to keep a Warpath and Brawl for the Zul’jin turn. The flip side, Mech Bomb Hunter is usually too fast for CW to handle.

*Small sample size referred cause ya know, Control Warrior.

1 Like

Pressure lots of pressure force them to use it or die on something suboptimal.

1 Like

I usually fair better against mech hunters. I have a rush package and that controls the board well enough for me to stabilize.

Mech paladin bullies any hunter decks. “Doing well” is an understatement.

Oh, paladin is a class? I forgot…

Even tho you play wild? Seems inconsistent.

I don’t see many paladins anymore. Odd or otherwise.

That’s an easy one.

Zoolock, Murloc Shammy, and Token Druid are all very annoying for Hunter.

Hunters can’t clear boards without something like Leokk + Unleash to get them out of trouble. Or hoping that you’re foolish enough to play into an obvious Explosive Trap.

2 Likes

According to hsreplay, the best counter deck is secret hunter. 65% winrate against beast hunter.

They really are - my objective is to play big beasts so I can smash your face with them. Forcing me to trade to avoid lethal kind of disrupts my entire program especially when you can immediately reload.

1 Like

Carpet Zoo dunks Hunter pretty hard. I think I’ve literally only lost one game this season to a MR Hunter. Couldn’t end before T10 and they got a really good Zul’jin off.

Just make sure you keep medium sized boards. Too small and you don’t finish quick enough. Too big and you play into Hounds. Outside of Hounds they just don’t have enough mass removal to deal with persistent nagging boards.

1 Like