What counters dire frenzy hunter?

Title. Really starting to get annoyed with this deck

Mage with Counterspell.

On a serious note tho: I’d guess Control Warrior … yay :open_mouth: So bored by this current meta right now.

2 Likes

Can’t they probe for that with crap generated with shimmerfly? I have even tried saboteurs, but still cant block dire frenzy

Silence is your friend.

doesn’t stop 3 more buffed rhinos getting shuffled into their deck

1 Like

Rhino is 5 mana and Dire Frenzy is 4 mana which means this combo was played at T9 or later.

What deck are you running that you weren’t able to close out the game beforehand? Do you have a replay I could watch?

Control Warrior (barely) beats it.

I think Bomb Warrior can beat it too if the Hunter is unable to buff the Lifesteal Rush Beast (Viscious Scalehid).

It actually depends on what minion the Hunter uses Dire Frenzy and what Zul’jin does with it.

I think Rogue. Control Warrior can lose against too many frenzied beasts (Dire Wolf). Not sure if it still beat hunter though.

Waggle Pick Rogue might be good as they don’t run Weapon Tech.

1 Like

Fatigue Warrior. My winrate just seems to fluctuate against them (about 50%).

They don’t have taunts just race them down to face. Otherwise you need to play a long term control warrior/shaman style deck that can effectively remove all the copies later that hit the board.

I’m pretty sure Hunters prey on Warrior. The best advice I can give is maybe teching in a silence and possibly saving a warpath (you’d need to do it 3 times to remove rhinos.)

Hunter is aggressive and relies on its beasts, hero power and burst damage to take down its opponents. Its doubly important to armor up as much as you can.

To be fair, I’ve never played warrior so I’m sorry I can’t be of much help. Basically, you want to kill them fast because their mid game is sick, hence, midrange hunter. And if you’re already in fatigue, a good hunter is going to capitalize on that.

3 Likes

I normally have no issue handling beast hunters if i am playing Warrior unless they get a really good opening and i never can gain board back. Unfortunately if Warrior makes it to 7 and plays boom on curve it’s all but an auto loss for the hunter.

Mech hunter can be an issue though because of its ability to keep presenting boards that demand removal. Not to mention being mech works in their advantage.

I assumed we are talking beast hunter though which is easier to handle as warrior.

hes talking about the card or a deck is hard to tell

The deck as a whole.

Apparently Mech Paladin and Secret Hunter do rather well against it.

1 Like

I have good results with Control Warrior*. The rush package deals with their 5/5’s and the trick is to keep a Warpath and Brawl for the Zul’jin turn. The flip side, Mech Bomb Hunter is usually too fast for CW to handle.

*Small sample size referred cause ya know, Control Warrior.

1 Like

Pressure lots of pressure force them to use it or die on something suboptimal.

1 Like

I usually fair better against mech hunters. I have a rush package and that controls the board well enough for me to stabilize.

Mech paladin bullies any hunter decks. “Doing well” is an understatement.

Oh, paladin is a class? I forgot…