What are your favorite cards from Forged in the Barrens?

Hey y’all. I was wondering what everyone’s favorite new cards are this expansion. I’ve really enjoyed the new spell schools mechanic even though I haven’t been able to get a ton of use out of it, but it is really cool to have for instance that card that summons freeze minions every time you cast a frost spell, or the Tamsin Roame who gives you extra shadow spells. It’s pretty sweet.

Obviously the most played cards and the ones with the highest win rates are things like Kazakus and Samuro, but what about the ones that you just really like for whatever reason? Maybe you love the art or the voice lines, or you just think they’re really cool.

Personally I opened a Neeru Fireblade as my first legendary and I think he’s pretty awesome. Empty your deck and get infinite imps! What’s not to love about that? Even though I still haven’t made that delete warlock deck and I know it’s not very good I love fun decks like that that are just so different from the other decks that usually get played.

Anyways, I’d love to hear what new cards everyone loves and why you love them! :grin:

2 Likes

Kazakus for the versatility, even if he’s not always reliable.

Tamsin is an absolute bomb.

Hero power mage isn’t where it needs to be yet but wildfire and reckless apprentice are super fun in my wild even deck.

I’m loving rogue right now and octobot + field contact make the deck possible.

Rokara and conditioning can spiral out of control super fast.

Mankrik and acorpid (for obvious reasons).

1 Like

Oh yeah! Conditioning is awesome! I love that handbuffing is a thing now when apparently it was always terrible in the past. I guess the difference is that all the rush minions means that just because something is still in your hand doesn’t mean it’s not a threat.

1 Like

I’ve been playing Kibler’s No Deck Warlock, and I gotta say the whole mill package (Neeru, Blood Shard Bristleback, Barrens Scavenger) is pretty fun to play. Not as fun as JARAXXUS, EREDAR LORD OF THE BURNING LEGION but pretty fun nevertheless.

2 Likes

I think that’s the next deck I want to craft. I’m waiting for the mini set to come out in case I buy more barrens packs first, but waiting is hard! lol

1 Like

Hmm…that’s a tough call. Either Tamsin, Kazakus, or Overlord Runthak.

3 Likes

Kazakus is an amazing card. That’s another one I want to craft soon. The more I play the more cards I want. :sweat_smile:

There is usually one cards that stands out as special but I’m yet to find it in this expansion but the best card is

Teron Gorefiend

2 Likes

Alexstrasza
Rokara
Kodobane
Conditioning

Doomhammer and King Krush from Core

1 Like

Alexstrasza is also a core card.

Mordresh. Feels good to drop it, wipe the board and the opponent in a flashy fashion.

3 Likes

these waters give life (summons a poisonous rabbit, gross undead dude, diseased dragon, etc.)

It’s not technically a Barrens card, but Aegwynn is one of my absolute favorite cards released with the start of this year.

From Barrens, it’s probably either Mordresh or Cariel.

2 Likes

But Alexstrasza is new

I forgot all about Mordresh! Absolutely my favorite card. Even if he does suck. :grin:

2 Likes

Mordresh himself is amazing, he just needs better support lol.

2 Likes

Kazakus Golem Shaper, hands down. The fact that you can craft what you want depending on the situation is one of the best features in Hearthstone. I’m glad that they bring this feature back from the Old Kazakus and this definitely is a better card compared to Zephyrs, which is so brainless to play.

2 Likes

So I am NOT the only person who plays Teron ? :exploding_head:

Cross Roads Watchpost. When it actually works, it’s hilarious seeing battlegrounds stats in a real hearthstone game :laughing:

3 Likes

arent they supposed to start talking about the mini set by now ?

1 Like