What are the two decks you absolutely hated playing against

When these decks were in standard.

Mine would have to be reno highlander mage, hated that deck for some reason, and honestly, pre nerf OTK demon lifeste demon hunter.

1 Like

Day 1 Demon Hunter is definitely up there. 2 straight hours of facing the exact same deck and losing before Turn 6 was enough to make me quit Outland until nerfs came out.

Topdecked Outcasted Prenerf Skull of Gul’dan might be the single Hearthstone card I hate the most.

I also despised Cubelock when it was meta, since back then I didn’t have the cards to craft it or anything which could beat it.

1 Like

Discover value control priest decks of all kinds.

I also hated every highlander deck ever made and was super happy when those decks rotated away. I hope that mechanic never returns to standard.

1 Like

Would not mind seeing it as its own mode/format. Would need larger decks though.

1 Like

Jade druid and mill rogue. Wanna take a guess at what type of deck I played most early on?

Launch week turbo death 3 mana 5/5 otk imp seedlock in wild at like 70-78% meta warping winrate followed by leaving one of my long time formats to find sos warlock in standard doing turn 6 clown fiesta slot machines to play it’s entire deck turn 6, play quest and complete all three steps in a single turn, heal from 2 to 28 hp, cast two hands of guldans and near otk you or not based entirely around animation time.

When they nerfed it you got all the same nonsense but at least one thing at a time instead of all 20 lmao. XD, so it was a improvement.

After that, aggro vs vanilla cubelock 6/18 + 6/18 + 6/18 has got to be the most stale one sided matchup ever. You had to go through 60 hp of taunt or kill before the thing went out. I homebrew hunted silence cards and advertised a dead forgotten 3 mana 4/3 silence a demon card people had like forgotten from tgt just since voidlord with the 4 mana 3/4 void caller to summon a demon from hand was played with malganis in wild.

The razakus vs malganis cube lock matches could be interesting, the aggro matchup was pure trash if you weren’t a burn deck though. 60 up of taunt for one mana cheating 3/4 or lackey and a cube for 60 hp of vanilla taunt with a nzoth rez in the vanilla minion day was nothing to sneeze at and pretty slow. Silencing it for 3 mana was a huge boon with home brewing and revisiting niche tech cards that had never saw play before. Mindbreaker vs baku deck style.

That’s an amazing idea, tbh. It would solve several major problems in HS atm, lol.

You could have a true mode for people who want long boring games and everyone else.

While I would literally never touch the mode, I would wholly support its existence.

Y’all can knock yourselves out. Bring 100 cards… just do it over there, lol.

Right now? Wild Mages and their extended turns.

All time? Face Hunter. Despite all these years, Hunter has yet to generate anything consistently successful besides Face. The class needs more diversity.

I’ve played MTG, tabletop and online, for a long time. My first box of cards was day 1 Beta. The largest deck I ever built was 200 cards. My favorite format was Highlander/EDH. 30 card decks are too small for me.

Personally, I think they should just increase the overall deck size to 60 and start putting out larger sets. It would open up the game to more variety in deckbuilding. Games don’t need to be fast as long as they are enjoyable. If a single 30min match rewards the same xp and such as three 10min matches, then I’d be fine with it.

1 Like

Big Hunter was a thing years ago, and people were just as annoyed by it as any face hunter deck that came before.

Secret Hunter = same deal, because people disliked playing around secrets.

Oh, and Highlander hunter, which was a mid-range deck and the most successful hunter archetype of its time - people DESPISED it.

So, no, get your facts straight. People HATE anything hunter.

Correct. Key word here being “was”.

Correct again. But it’s dead now.

Another correct statement. Another deck no longer played.

They are. Face Hunter is still the same thing it has always been. It’s always been a popular deck. Of all the decks Hunter has ever had, Face is the one that has always been there. Hunter has always had the same basic Face deck to play and it’s lingered in the upper tiers all that time. What other deck has done that?

Control priest
Rez Priest
Aggro Preist
Raza Priest
Highlander preist
OTK Priest

EVERYTHING Priest. Especially control decks that steal all your best cards because the class SUCKS so fkg badly it’s only win condition is to cheese you with your own cards.

3 Likes

Undertaker hunter
Quest rogue (caverns quest with the 4/4’s)
Raza priest
Mecathun
Jade druid
Prenerf miracle rogue (with gadgetzan, axure drakes, conceal and cold bloods)
Most variants of zoolock.
Prenerf savage roar druid (dr boom, piloted shredder, charging force of nature)
Secret paladin (Who am i? None of your business!)

Rez Priest
Paladin

I dont mind getting beat by a skilled player but some classes require no brains and are overpowered to compinsate for the weak or new players. Priest/ Mage / Paladin are classes that simple players gravitate towards cus theyre easily to win with and therefore loosing to one of these decks is just a waste of time.

about any warlock deck ever apart from the old quest with plot twist - albeit fatigue just took it to a whole new level.
The class just seems designed to cater towards people that want to take the fun out of the game.

This 100%. Priest is my instant conceded class. Because the games take sooooooooooo long, are soooooooo annoying, and even if I stick it out and ultimately win, it is zero fun the entire time. So no.

Resurrect priests will always haunt me to the end of my days. Gadgetzan pirate warrior day 1. Galakrond rogue and its ability to steal games at any point.

Rezz priest (once they were able to summon from deck so you can’t corrupt rezz pool)

Wild Demon Seed Lock

Bomb/current pirate warrior & garrote rogue - basically any deck that can shuffle (or otherwise generate) rng damage that requires zero brains or effort to achieve. Even flamewaker mage can be added to this.

Raza/ Rez Priest - wouldn’t be so bad if mana cheat wasn’t a thing. Biggest mistake ever in this game was allowing classes to ramp/reduce/cheat out big minions…and then rez them a million freaking times.

I have got to make my list three now and add a general category, any “solitAire” deck like the current fatigue warlock and before that quest mage and before that d6 warlock and honestly garrote rogue and I am mainly a rogue player.