What’s up with these lengthy & flashy animations

I have lost many games due to opponents lengthy animations play like puzzle box , yesera unleashed, Morrizond etc which in turn srew my turn timings since they play during my turn time & sometimes I don’t even get my turn to play. Why should opponents turn animations play during my turn doesn’t makes sense to me. There must be a way to skip animations or lower graphic settings for this game. I play on iphone6 device and it’s really frustrating to lose games due to these laggy animations & frequent game crashes.

2 Likes

Because this bug is in the game for ages and they havent decided is any severe to be fixed.

Ya know - it would require to spend resources to fix the code of the game that allows you to skip your opponents turn when certain conditions are met.

The main goal is to make the game to look as pretty as possible. There are no resources left to actually improve the gameplay.

Just my guess.

3 Likes

The mobile version of this game is too clunky. They should make a lighter version devoid of flashy graphics which in turn will increase this games base immensely since most people prefer to play such games on mobile devices.

2 Likes

every time a shaman uses “lighting storm”, i can’t play for 10-20 seconds.
I solved this problem in a really nifty way: uninstalling the app from the phone and playing only on pc

1 Like

How about not playing on your Iphone2 and buy a slightly better phone? Never had any trouble with the mobile version.

1 Like

I feel your pain fellas. I played a game yesterday in which I missed three out of the first five turns playing on iOS. Needless to say, the game didn’t last until turn 6.

The animations used to be charming, but now they can be used as an exploit. Play shudderwock or yogg box in the last 10 seconds, get a free turn.
It’s been happening since before witchwood, but witchwood was the first time I really noticed it.
Also, it seems iOS can’t handle card generation or resurrect mechanics very well without crashing… too bad galakrond rogue and res priest are two of the most popular decks in the game.

I would play on PC but I don’t have a home PC, just one issued by my work, and I can’t download non-approved software to that machine for obvious reasons.

1 Like

So your solution is to throw $700-$1000 dollars at the problem? Seems counterintuitive for a card battling app.

1 Like

Yes, that’s what I am saying, money can buy you happiness and ease some of the pain of everyday life. I mean I can’t play my PS4 games on my PS2 console, suxx doesn’t it? And the refund for the old console is hardly worth the trouble either. The solution is certainly not to downgrade the mobile version (which already is slimmed down)

1 Like

And what I’m saying is that something that worked on a previous version on their game (doomsayer functioning correctly and without lag on an ipad4) now crashes the game upon triggering the animation.

The hardware didn’t change, the animation didn’t change, the card didn’t change, the internet connection didn’t change. Something broke in the way the game runs on iPad