Well I guess I’m done for now

It’s been fun but as I hit platinum a few days ago I’ve barely won a game since then and as I can’t go back done in rank I’m not going to sit here and play a game where I’m destain to lose 98% of my matches. Play a different deck/hero? I tried that. Same result: face hunter, elemental shaman, weapon shaman, frost mage, no minion mage, I could go on and on but they all result in the same result that which is me getting terrible hands and draws. I’ve tried coming up with my own decks but that’s rather useless too. So where am I? Swallow my pride and just stop playing? I guess so. Sad as I bought 100’s of dollars worth of cards but I did great in silver, good in gold, and even faired well going on past gold 5, but this is just a sick joke now. There’s no reason why I’m losing every match now short of blizzard wants me to fail. I’m far from a quitter but I’ve gotta get something in return and at this moment that’s zilch. See y’all next season I guess. At least the game is fun at lower ranks. Things just get to stupid at platinum.

I’ve tried to be as honest and truthful as I can be with this post with out raging and just expressing my experience. Hopefully no one takes my frustration to personal and if you’re having better luck then me, stick with it and strive forward and good luck. May you hit legendary soon enough.

2 Likes

Maybe try playing wild?

I feel you. It’s tough being above gold. It just becomes a meta crapshoot. Of course, plat gets worse, but from what I understand Legend is where people let loose a bit because they’re hit the highest they can. On the plus side, you play well enough to hit a meta plateau and I guess that’s something to be satisfied with.

I think you can jump back in in the last 4 days of the season and you’ll get some better match-ups as the rankings settle.

The deckbuilding freedom becomes stricter at the higher ranks. Getting to D5 becomes disproportionately easy with a meta archetype you can play well, whereas I’d rather get there with my own variation. And the Barrens meta really sucked for that.

Wild is just better to play a wacky deck of your own, at least going up the lower ranks.

2 Likes

If you want to succeed, you need the willpower. The game is not at fault and Blizzard is not making you lose. Its on you and i know that you dont want to hear this. Either your deckbuilding is suboptimal or your decision making. But there is no need to stop if you like the game. There are more than enough people who are willing to help you get better.

I would help too, but i was never really a competitive guy. Highest i went was Dia 5 in Wild and only for the monthly reward. But i do have some knowledge about deckbuiling and decision making and i have enough experience with the game to be somewhat able to predict what my opponent is playing. So add me, if you want to, and we can play a few matches or i watch you playing a few.

Dude, I get you. I really do. There’s just a breaking point where we all want to give up and we’re all looking for patterns. When I consistently won game all the way up to platinum and then randomly start losing all most every turn it really gets a person paranoid and freaked out. My game habits haven’t changed neither has my decks. So if I’m at fault please explain to what I changed to cause this effect?

As far as deck building goes; I follow a lot of YouTube channels and study and read up on strong combos and deck and have invested enough money into this game to know the highs and lows and how to win, but none of this has anything to do with this sudden change with me landing in a losing slump. Just because you’re afraid to call Blizzard out doesn’t mean others aren’t. It is their game and they are solely responsible for what happens in their game. I’ll defend a company where it’s warranted and criticize them where I feel somethings not right and I assure you I wouldn’t have made it to platinum if I had no clue what I was doing.

I cant tell you what changed, because i dont know how you play and what you play.

What i do know is this, ranked below diamond is a joke. People make a hell lot of mistakes even with Tier 1 decks. On several occasions i was able to beat high Tier decks with meme-bull only because my opponent lacked experience and skill to manage his deck properly.

I do understand that losing many games consecutively is frustrating and a reason to stop playing the game, but i also understand that consecutively winning on lower ranks is not really an achievement. Its like you bashed noobs and eventually reached a level were players are a little more skilled. You cant really expect your winrate to stay the same from lower brackets to the higher ones. Thats one of the reasons why i stop at Dia 5 too, because after that it becomes an atrocious grindfest i have no patience for.

Again, i can only offer you a little help by adding me and i watch you play or you play against me, because i too have a pretty solid card collection and can come at you with some of the strongest decks the game has to offer.

Edit: Dont be like Exiler who posted two of his games here saying that the game is at fault for him losing, yet we can clearly see how bad he plays.

1 Like

Bronze - Gold is thrash level of players(no offense to those stuck there)
Platinum is where ppl play much greater(the average players league)…so there a huge spike in difficulty…you wont stomp these players with a bad deck while that was doable in bronze-gold
Diamond league: serious players
Legend 2000-1000 Tier 3 Elite players
Legend 1000-300 Tier 2 Elite players
Legend 300-100 Tier 1 Elite players
Legend 100-8 Tier 0 players
Legend 8-1 = mad genius(they need the lab coat to play the part XD)

anyone pass 300+ should be taken seriously…the skill gap between 300-100 and 100-8 is noticable while being very small difference it is notable(though not everyone deep in are willing to admit when something is broken :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: )

thats it for the info on the gap in skills between leagues(rough estimate base on current players population(wild side))…Standard side has more players so like the equivalent of 1-8 in Standard is about 1-24(seem to have 3X more ppl in Standard than Wild)

anyway rework your deck or take a net deck if your having issue going pass platinum…or third scenario…you dont got the necessary skills to climb deeper(thats for you to figure it out)…you free to showcase how you play on a video to give ppl a better idea of your issue…while i’am not too good at coaching… i can spot errors in plays easily

If you run into a solid wall of shamans you got no chance. Might as well just give up now.

Shaman has only aggro decks going for them in Wild. If you arent able to deal with aggro, then you should reconsider your gameplan.

The op is playing in standard, there is no mention of wild mode here. The frustrating experience of the op with shamans does also very much mirror my own bad experience of them in standard. Shaman is blatantly overpowered and very much in need of a nerf.

Shaman in standard also has aggro. Its the same thing. Play an anti-aggro deck if you encounter so many shamans. I mean, come on, weapon shaman? That never worked out properly because of Ooze. Elemental shaman? Get yourself some minion removal. Or just play priest.

Shaman isnt overpowered, you just need to learn to play against them again.

2 Likes

I have 3 shaman decks, element, weapon, and a new otk: so you were saying? Also everyone of them I’m being given terrible draws with and forced to sit there and loss.

Ah right, yes I misread. Shaman is best class now though. My bet is that it will get nerfed. Playing against it it seems like face hunter on steroids.

Kinda funny how they nerfed paladins just to be faced with op shamans. It’s almost as if someone at Blizzard, on the HS dev team doesn’t know what they’re doing. :joy:

1 Like