Warrior Balancing

‘If you have 10 mana crystals’; These cards need to require the mana crystals be FULL in order to activate. Dumping your hand then discovering 3 mechs with two mana remaining is ridiculous. Also, brawling then doing 10 damage to a minion while maintaining a 5/4 on the board is equally ridiculous.

Shield bash, this spell needs to consume the armor it uses.

Execute; the mechanic is out dated and needs to be revamped. The minion should need to be below or at 50% HP for it to activate. The spell in WoW is what, 30% if you spec in to it? Let’s try to make it realistic to the base game, ya?

Brawl; Needs the mana cost increased to 7 like most other board clears.

1 Like

Yet another Warrior whine thread, but points for not listing Dr. Boom like everyone else.

Warrior is realistically in an okay spot right now. It beats some decks, loses to some decks and goes even or roughly even with some decks.

If you hate it this much play Bomb Hunter and never struggle in the match up again

2 Likes

No deck should have over a 60% win rate. Period. It is not in an okay spot. It is the new pirate warrior & odd paladin.

I mostly play control shaman and control warrior but that’s mostly because I don’t like playing aggro or otk decks. The second reason I do is because I’m fairly sick of playing against mech hunters and broken mage cards, so I will always try my best to give them a hard time. Token druids aren’t even that common anymore, I’m now seeing more murloc shamans than druids.

A deck with 60% winrate points out to two possible problems, imo:

• the community refusing to tech against it or actually building a deck to counter it

or

• poor card balance

pick your poison.

Whatever deck atm has 60% winrate on standard, rest assured there’s a definite, direct counter deck to it. If people aren’t playing it, then it’s their fault.

The highest win rate right now in Standard across all ranks is Mech Hunter at 53.61%

The highest win rate for Warrior right now is Control Warrior at 50.84%

Data taken from metastats

Other sites have different win rates, but outside of individual deck lists nobody has any variant of Warrior above 53%,while several have Hunter up around 58%

But please, tell me more about these Warriors with 60% win rates. And not individual decks please, as those often won so much due to tech against their pocket metas

2 Likes

Further to this. Armour needs to be capped at 10 or 15. Endless armour is ridiculous if you consider all the way they can obtain it. No other class has a way to infinitely strengthen their hero power (debatably rogue but there are a considerable amount of disarms).

Either cap it or give us an armour eater like there have been so many secret eaters to date.

i just find it is too slow deck ,i rather auto concede than play the game even if some of decks has over 60% winrate against warriors …when you hit 3-5 warriors on row well i say its not fun at all and game gets really dull …and this season i have not played at all because there is chance always to get that 5row 20-40min games against warriors. even streamers suffer about this and i have seen many of them just auto concede if there is too many warriors an a row, or they change deck what can counter warrior for ‘‘maybe get more interesting content’’

I played control warrior from rank 15 to rank 5 over the last two days. It has a pretty good win rate, but lower ranks really mean nothing. So far it has more trouble with beast spell hunter than mech hunter. And if you have no counter to the cheesy mage summon deck, that can be a problem.

But I really don’t see how it’s the most problematic deck out there. Spell hunter seems more worthy of your complaining.

1 Like

Why are you complaining about warrior when pocket galaxy/cyclone/giant mage is a thing. xD

1 Like

Oh, thanks for mentioning Dr. Boom. That needed to be said. lol… oh, but, uh… if ALL the other decks you play get dominated by warrior, just play the one that doesn’t, because that’s why everyone plays card games is to counter the main op class with one deck… l o l

Look, Blizzard is sending this game down the crapshoot. There’s a reason I haven’t spent a dime on this game in many, many expansions. If people would stop letting blizz milk them, they’d make some real changes. lul