Wardrum's Bold Prediction

I might be wrong and that’s cool, but I’m throwing this prediction out there…

All of the teaser info we can see about Scholomance seems to be missing the death/necromancy aesthetic. Especially images like this:
https://youre.outof.cards/media/uploads/58/04/5804563d-5988-4467-aaff-eff3c26bb753/chinese-leak.png

and the teaser video all look a little too “bright and magical” for my taste. More like just a magical academy of some kind.

So here’s my guess…

The expansion that gets revealed tomorrow will essentially be a Hearthstone’d-up Hogwarts. Students, professors, typical magical hyjinx rather than the 24/7 undeath/dark magic many of us expected the moment we saw the Scholomance name get dropped.

I’m sure there will be some death stuff, especially for classes like Priest and Warlock but I think they’re going to use the ol’ Hearthstone charm to turn Scholo from a dingy dungeon of darkness to Hogwarts-in-Azeroth as a way of brightening the overall theme and varying the flavors for each class

10 Likes

If that ends up being the case, then Mallenroh better get in here, cause the Magical School expansion will definitely make mage better… Right?

1 Like

I also get the “School of Magic” feel from it. Don’t know if that would be appropriate for Scholomance but we shall see. I’m hopimg it’s not overly goofy

It’s not like its the first time that Hearthstone does things that aren’t really canon, like Karazhan or the entire storyline we had last year. It would be interesting if there was something related to the Scholomance controlled by the Scourge though.

Yea, but Karazhan still had opera rooms and stuff so it was fine to tap into what it could have been in the glory days.

Goofing up Scholomance of all places would just be weird though since there were really disturbing stuff going on in there. The same reason they kept Frozen Throne quite serious.

1 Like

Making Scholomance entirely true to WoW lore would make it too much of a KFT clone, possibly. Different types of magic being taught to/practiced by different classes would give a much broader appeal.

Wouldn’t Nar’thalas work better in that case since there’s an actual Nar’thalas Academy? Maybe they chose Scholomance for the name recognition.

(from Mr Drum’s link above)
Feels like a new game mode, as yet to see anything from leak yet.

add:

Reaction to prediction >>
https://cosmomag.lk/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/hermione-granger-02.png

2 Likes

No, it translates to HS BG, Brawl 3 with new cards. The new mode is yet to be known.

1 Like

By the way, Tess the BG Hero is ultra OP. If you ever face someone with her, always sell your buff and synergy minions.

But it’s still Scholomance. Hogwartsified, sure, but Scholo.

1 Like

WOW veterans can explain abit about Scolo-what-thingy?

1 Like

Yes, definitely still Scholomance.

1 Like

It was one of the original max-level dungeons in classic WoW. Hard enough that despite it being a “dungeon” designed for five players, most of the time it was done as a raid of ten because people tended to be bad.

It was full of necromancers and research and dark learning, quite fun in fact. Some of the Blue Dungeon class set items could be found there (hats I think?), which gave incentive to run it.

It was always this flavorful place, a good challenge, and required a group.

I don’t doubt that they’re pulling at the classic WoW playerbase by picking it.

3 Likes

I would add Rogue to that list since deathrattle is supposed to be one of their strengths.

2 Likes

I’m not holding my breath:)

Definitely.

Heck, it wouldn’t shock me if they re-did the “magical houses” as a new Gadgetzanesque split of the classes into various fields of magic. DH throws off the symmetry a bit, but whatevs. That might be reaching a bit too far, though.

If Kel’thuzad is really involved in this, he could be the resident Professor Snape. Khadgar could possibly be Dumbledore. Elise could be McGonagall. Brann could be Hagrid. Someone else can figure out how to involve the other six classes.

There’s the Battlegrounds crown on the picture. Maybe that means Mages come to Battlegrounds? I always thought how cool that would be. You could have like Babbling Book as Tier 1 and (with the spell pool limited of course because some spells are useless and others like Polymorth are just OP) you could then either use the spell once or then later “teach” it to a spellcaster (probably Spell Damage minions like Dalaran Mage, Archmage etc.) that instead of attacking casts spells. Maybe to cast and teach a spell should cost gold because it can be very powerful, especailly early on. But I think something like that could work. It would be really awesome.

Mages and spells in BG? Dont see how that can work.