VS report #234 out

Update: The report is out:

““https://www.vicioussyndicate.com/vs-data-reaper-report-234/””

Well…
Got my hands on what i believe it’s today’s VS report tierlist already so i gonna share it here.

If you not believe it i have 0 issues with you. Just wait and get the exact same tierlist in a few yours.

Still people wanting to see the full thing with article,meta score and other detailed info have to wait. I not have that.

Tier 1
Holy paladin

Tier 2
Control Shaman
Naga priest
Big spell mage
Fel Demon hunter
Big Beast hunter
Mech mage
Murloc Shaman
Thief rogue

Tier 3
Bomb rogue
Burn shaman
Curse warlock
Boar priest
Handbuff paladin
Mech paladin
Murloc warlock

Tier 4
Quest Hunter
Control warrior
Quest priest
Ramp druid
Naga mage
Quest warrior

4 Likes

Did you sneak control shaman in there? There’s no control shaman present in this meta.

Mech Mage tier 2 on top Legend???

There is. It runs a bunch of murlocs, some piranha, the freeze package, and brukan for an end game value push.

It works surprisingly well (largely because of snowfall guardian though)

1 Like

Yeah, murloc shaman with some late game stuff. Supposed to combat BSM I think now that CW is deceased.

Oh, I didn’t realize this forum currently had a lot people with pants on fire.

I mean, you don’t have to believe us, but the deck exists, and is doing quite well against the current field.

I’m pretty sure it’s the entire reason big spell mage is running starfish

1 Like

I actually agree completely that “control shaman is NOT what the deck is. Its definitely a tempo deck. It has some push, but absolutely cannot win if a greedy control deck survives. Curse lock, and big spell mage are frustrating matchups, because they basically just play removal dot deck and use some scammy mana cheat combos to completely seal up the game. I have not played a single holy pally since patch (high diamond) so take that as you will.

It exists, but it doesn’t have a high playrate. It’s less than 4% of the meta, until you look at legend, where it’s about 6%. Regular ol’ Murloc Shaman is more popular, and probably better, really.

Here’s a decklist:

Summary

Control Murloc Shaman

Class: Shaman

Format: Standard

Year of the Gryphon

2x (1) Windchill

2x (1) Schooling

2x (2) Sleetbreaker

2x (2) Frostbite

2x (2) Chain Lightning (Rank 1)

1x (2) Bolner Hammerbeak

2x (2) Amalgam of the Deep

1x (3) Smothering Starfish

1x (3) Cookie the Cook

2x (3) Clownfish

2x (3) Brilliant Macaw

2x (4) Wildpaw Cavern

1x (4) Blademaster Okani

2x (5) Gorloc Ravager

2x (5) Command of Neptulon

2x (6) Snowfall Guardian

1x (7) Mutanus the Devourer

1x (8) Bru’kan of the Elements

AAECAaoIBqbvA4b6A6SBBMORBMeyBI21BAzZ7APTgAS5kQT5kQSVkgTckgTblATVsgTgtQSywQTFzgTGzgQA

To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

1 Like

Just listen to the podcast. They discuss murloc shaman. Almost laughing while they do it, but they do.

2 Likes

That big spell mage is all over legend around the 1500-2000 mark. Probably because one good highroll and you just win the game.

1 Like

Actually balinda is really the only thing overperforming in the deck.

The naga bring some consistency but usually not win the game as much.
It’s what you read with data

Probably because the deck soft counters itself. The spell cost-swap naga doesn’t really bring any value if both players are only running high-cost spells.

That’s for top Legend and maybe two people here play top Legend. Your tier list is misleading, the real one is Diamond 4-1.

Tier 1
Murloc Shaman
Big Beast Hunter
Mech Mage

Tier 2
Mech Paladin
Holy Paladin
Murloc Warlock
Fel DH
Control Shaman
Naga Priest
Handbuff Paladin
Abyssal Warlock
Big Spell Mage

Tier 3
Bomb Rogue
Thief Rogue
Burn Shaman
Quest Warrior
Quest Hunter

3 Likes

My Quest Priest hanging on solidly in Tier 4. Woohoo! Death of CW really hurt. Losing it’s best matchup is quite a blow.

So I guess there’s really no room for combo decks anymore, huh? Seems the mob rules mentality is driving design. So disappointing.

2 Likes

I don’t think any one mentality is driving these nerfs. I thought the “nerf Drek’thar” patch was pretty solid (except for DBS), but the ones on both sides of it had some real “what were they thinking?” moments. It feels to me like Hearthstone is in Monty Python and the Holy Grail Credits Mode regarding patches… after each one, the person responsible is sacked, and the next patch is completed in an entirely different style at great expense and at the last minute.

But regarding the most recent patch, yes, it definitely felt like whoever it was thought “I’ll listen to Twitter and maybe then the boss won’t sack me.”

You’re right, of course. Just frustrating that the Combo archetype can’t have a home anymore. The Drek nerf was fine. It hit a deck (DH) that was overperforming. It also hit a deck (QH) that was not overperforming but was performing well enough that it could handle it and not disappear. But then they nuked DBS and now QH is maybe 1% of the meta. Quest Decks overall have virtually vanished from the meta. And even Combo decks in general are almost nowhere to be found. Maybe Bomb Rogue? That’s kind of a Combo deck I think, right? That’s a high T3 deck at least. Anyway, I’m still playing what I find fun… just losing a lot more.

I’d quibble about QH not overperforming. Technically anything over 50% is overperforming, and although QH was below 50% at top Legend, it was like 49.xx there and “high tier 2” almost Tier 1 in Diamond.

But the point is that QH didn’t need to be nerfed as hard as it was, because it was already being nerfed via Drek’thar. Nerfing QH harder than they nerfed DH requires bizarro logic.

2 Likes

Ok. Instead of overperforming, maybe I should say outperforming the rest of the meta.
There are always going to be a few Tier 1 decks in the 52%-54% range. I think that’s a reasonable win rate that doesn’t need balancing. When you get a deck in the 56%-58% range or higher, that’s where an adjustment makes sense.

Exactly. So a small tap with the Drek nerf maybe knocks a point off the win rate from 52 to 51 or so. Instead, it’s down to the mid-40s and very rarely played.

Unless they specifically intended for the nerf to push the deck out of the meta, which is pretty much what happened.

This meta has been pretty good so far, it’s very diverse at High Legend. I’ve seen every single class being played; mostly Big Spell Mage and some form of Midrange/Control Shaman. Warrior is the worst class right now by far.

3 Likes