VS Data Reaper #185

https://www.vicioussyndicate.com/vs-data-reaper-report-185/

Shaman nerfs definitely mattered.

9 Likes

So control warlock is a tier 4 deck.
Now I see why so many people want to nerf cascading disaster and ticketus

5 Likes

Traditionally, bad decks that do frustrating things are complained about FAR more than good decks that do less polarizing things.

8 Likes

I’m disgusted that Rogue is still busted but a lot of high legend players called that the Edwin change is nowhere near enough to keep the absurdity in check.

I myself said the class needs multiple adjustments instead of a slap on the wrist.

I’ve been climbing with embiggen nzoth druid lately because rogue has stopped using blackjack stunner since the old embiggen Druid and it’s been doing well against the popular classes hoping to connect face but hitting 8/10 taunts instead. I’ll post my list when I get it right.

2 Likes

Wow. Bomb warrior D1-D4 2.9%. Today I have started to play shuffle rogue - 9 matches - 7 bomb warriors…

1 Like

I’d say Edwin got more of a blow well below his belt, so to speak.
Let’s wait until the miniset has influenced the meta, shall we? Wasn’t it stated prior to or in the patch notes that consideration of these new cards was part of the puzzle - as it obv. had to be?

I don’t see how the miniset would keep Rogue in check unless every class except for Rogue receives equally good tempo tools and refuel lmao.

Remember that Rogue wasn’t really “struggling” in the meta space even when Soul DH was straight up broken. Nowadays they have so much cheap refuel they can straight up throw away Secret Passage with barely any mana left just to marginally buff a Questing. It’s stupid.

There are multiple tier 1 decks in this meta and Rogue is only the best deck in the top 1000.

It’s interesting to point that every deck should be like miracle rogue in the sense of be able to find ways out of situations instead of be pigeonholed into a single game plan.

If the deck get to the top just because of being versatile I have exactly 0 problems with it.

Why?

1. There always gonna be a lich king.
    If popularity is enough to trigger someone then said person shouldn’t play card games.

2. Versatile decks at top get healthy metagames down the ladder since no one feels forced to try to target something because there is nothing to target.

3. It makes the difference between players in skill a little more apparent that it normally is.

3 Likes

Seems pretty accurate, seeing a lot of Rogues at 1k legend and of course warrior after warrior.

Looking forward to mini-set and beyond bringing something new to the table because playing against a deck from a year ago that happens to be obscenely strong again is mega boring.

Also getting tired of Miracle Rogue, been playing nigh on the same deck for like 6 months.

Glad to see Highlander Pally is getting some recognition finally. Been playing the deck for a while now and it’s felt strong, good to get some confirmation of that. Overall the meta seems pretty decent right now, but it seems that Mage Druid and Priest still need some much-needed love to become properly competitive again.

1 Like

Not for long. Every day rogue is regaining popularity and forcing a meta space where you either play rogue or warrior to counter it. It’s super blatant in top 300. But unlike rogue, warrior is worse in every floor besides high legend because it’s nowhere near as versatile as rogue, it’s hard to build to accommodate a more varied meta space.

People tried to experiment for a couple of days at most but a lot of high mmr players figured out basically a day into the changes that clown fiesta rogue is still very much busted. The class needs more adjustments tbh.

It’s too difficult to play for most people. If you look at dia 4-1, according to hsr, Zoolock and Hl Hunter are tier 1.

It’s similar in wild. Secret Mage is tier S everywhere, except in the top 100 where I mostly see Warlocks and rarely a Secret Mage.

I think we should balance archetypes for most people, not just for top xxx.

I hope the mini set buffs big priest. :expressionless:

1 Like

Of course it did.

I just don’t understand why people gravitate to Tickatus so much. I guess it’s sort of the new Combo Shudderwock, a deck that just trolls on slow decks while being overall bad.

And nobody is listening to me when I tell them Aggro Shaman is good. I mean there’s still more Evolve Shaman players :man_facepalming: !

Oh no no :rage: this isn’t supposed to happen

2 Likes

Well, most control spells benefit Priest:D, so in the future BP will benefit, even if she won’t explicitly be targeted.

i miss azalina in standard so i think it would be fun if priest gets a card to get a copy of multiple cards in opponent hand !

I not know why you really want people to listen at all regarding play.

Like…
Meta will go anyway sooner or later.

And if it don’t goes that direction you can guess that here is the “secret weapon”.

1 Like