Vision of darkness priest needs hot fix patch today

The deck is clearly broken, I don’t care what it’s win rate is. It’s designed to generate infinite resources by abusing vision of darkness with having three or more radiant elements on board which is actually very easy for priest to accomplish with resurrection. The latest revision of this pile of garbage seems to run selfish shellfish and resurrects it and destroys it nearly infinitely per each turn…

Class is a busted piece of garbage in every way. Vision of darkness is the latest toxicity eminating from this disgusting class.

Any deck able to generate infinite resources in one turn obviously needs an instant hot fix, if Blizzard fails to act on this (which I assume they will) game will deteriorate perhaps a point of no return.

4 Likes

Too late it already has and not due to any Priest deck.

Sorry can you elaborate on what you mean?

There is no way you’ve run into this deck more than once. I refuse to believe more than one person is playing it.

1 Like

Run into it periodically at sub 200 legend, as I’ve said, I don’t care what the play rate or win rate of this deck is, it’s clearly a broken interaction that requires an immediate hot fix, server side patch.

This is acceptable to exist in wild, but not in standard for any amount of time. Each turn the player running this basically is only limited by the amount of times they can discover resources in the time limit of the turn, nothing else.

2 Likes

It’s not broken, this is clearly what they intended. Radiant elemental and animate dead interaction was known about before it was even released. It’s not some secret.

They know about it and they know it sucks.

No hot fix needed. Plus, it’ll be gone when radiant rotates out in April.

Asking for a hotfix seems more like some emotional outburst response to recently seeing the deck.

It’s not really an emotional outburst. It’s genuinely not wanting to sit there turn after turn, watching my opponent discover infinite resources and play a game of solitaire with themselves and the discovery mechanic, which I am involved in no way whatsoever. The typical player will discover tens to over one hundred cards per turn playing this. It actually eats into my turn because the animations are queued for so long I have anywhere from ten to twenty seconds of just waiting to resolve animations, it’s not clear to me if that eats out of my turn time budget, but if it does so, it’s even more toxic.

And as I’ve said, I don’t care what the win rate of this is, if it’s allowed to exist in the game and is played more than once It’s an utter failure on Blizzards end.

Even so, I believe the deck win rate is quite good, and the only playable priest deck, with the only exception being bless priest post nerf which is just as obnoxious as before to play against, just slightly slower.

This priest deck makes playing against bless priest feel like a pleasure.

You do realize I’m not complaining about the resurrection of radiant elementals (however this could be argued to be a problem)?

I’m complaining about the fact that it allows for infinite resources generation in one turn with the use of vision of darkness…

2 Likes

Everything you just complained about already exists in other forms though.

Infinite turn mage.
Shudderwock infinite chain where you cannot play the game anymore.
Boar with sword of a thousand truths where you can never get 2 mana anymore.

This isn’t some first time this exists. And the difference is those decks are actually decent.

They clearly don’t care that this exists.

2 Likes

As I’ve said, I’m okay with this existing in wild, that’s to be expected. Boar is not comparable here, boar is more alike a otk deck than an infinite resource generation exploit.

I’m talking about standard. This can not exist for any length of time if Blizzard wants to keep a division between wild and standard. If not, I don’t see why we have standard, let’s call it for what it is and just revert to all playing wild.

hotfix what ive used the card and everything seems to work as it should

i didnt see any bug people may be abusing

Why is an otk deck not more powerful/ annoying/oppressive/unfun than a player using an entire turn and the match continuing?

Curious why you find one irritating and not the other when one COMPLETELY locks you out of the entire game immediately?

So what? They discover and spend their entire turn discovering and then it’s your turn. The other decks don’t even give you a turn back. Why is the latter not worse?

1 Like

Well for me it’s about time and interactive play, if the game is promoting my opponent to constantly be roping and eating into my turn with animations that in itself is super frustrating, especially because anything he or she does on her turn, by definition, is noninteractive.

Staying on the topic of time, Blizzard obviously has a strong bias to end games around or near turn 6. If each player eats an average amount of time per turn that’s like a 5 up ten minute game. If the game mechanics are pushing one player to absolutely push the time limits of their turn to the limit that is easily doubling or tripling time per game.

Now for interactive play. Otk for low skill players do seem very un interactive, and I understand why it’s frustrating at lower ranks. But where I play (trying to break into top one hundred legend, facing top players in the world) otk is rarely non interactive, good players know the other players game plan and when to put up secrets and other cheap disruption, or simply race to the otk (this is actually rarer than you might think.) It’s actually very fun in my opinion, it’s like a chess game where a lot of plays can be eliminated and what you are actually trying to prevent is sitting in your opponents hand not on board, so to an observer it looks like a pretty dumb game because nothing is happening, but to both players they are reading their opponent and carefully maximizing the chances of their otk while trying to pressure or disrupt their opponents.

Wouldn’t your real issue then be with the turn time limit and not this interaction then?

There is nothing wrong with people taking their entire turn to do whatever they want.

It’s toxic when the only thing limiting a decks resources is the amount of time in a turn as is the case here.

1 Like

Yeah man that needs to be nerfed. How dare anyone lose a game ever. Nerf the defeat sceen. Let nobody lose ever. Make it so when your opponent reaches a win condition instead of your portrait exploding they make an animation that gives you a trophy with the text Congratulation for Participating on it.

1 Like

Sweetie, do yourself a favor and stop taking thing game seriously. It’s really not worth the trouble. Just have fun and laugh at all these crazy decks.
Remember: it’s a video game, not a video job.
I wish you a Happy New Year and I hope you will succeed in life more than in this game!

6 Likes

Haha thanks, I tend to take things too seriously sometimes… noted.

2 Likes

Can someone give the link to this infinite discover/ shellfish priest ? asking for a friend

1 Like

I see I am not the only target of schyla’s “every attack on a priest deck is an emotional outburst”.

Ideal fix: radiant elemental text changed to “but not less than 1”

Blizzard fix: radiant elemental now costs 4 mana

Reasoning: we believe radiant elemental enables a lot of meme combo in wild, wo we’d like to keep it’s text intact to not delete these wild decks which people find fun. By increasing the cost to 4 it won’t be resurrected by the 1 mana spell and so the deck won’t be problematic anymore.

Result: 4 mana radiant elemental is even more unplayable than a 4 mana sorcerer apprentice. Vision of darkness priest becomes unplayable because 3 mana to discover a card is embarassing.

Blizzard comment: the playrate and winrate of vision of darkness priest lowered, we think the patch was a great success!

Meanwhile the playrate of radiant elemental in standard and wild: 0.00%

4 Likes